Windows 10: How to Remove Old Restore Points?

Discus and support How to Remove Old Restore Points? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Toshiba laptop L55 series, W10 Home Anniversary. With my older laptop running XP, I use to be able to manually delete older system restore points. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Mr Ed, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

How to Remove Old Restore Points?

Toshiba laptop L55 series, W10 Home Anniversary.
    With my older laptop running XP, I use to be able to manually delete older system restore points. I don't see a way to do that on my current machine. When I open System Restore, it shows all the restore points, but doesn't provide a way to erase any. Thanks in advance for your assistance....Ed

:)

Mr Ed, Feb 6, 2017
  2. toa_roa Win User

GPS - Nokia Map

Anybody knows how to restore the old version of Nokia Map? I dont want the new version.

I tried to remove it, but it says Removing Failed. I downloaded the old version from the internet and tried to install it, and it says "Update failed"

I tried another way which I read from the discussion which says "remove the cities folder and then remove the program" I did this and still i get the message "removing failed"

Can anyone pleeeeeeaaaase tell me what can I do? How i can restore the old version of Nokia Map 1 to my phone???

toa_roa, Feb 6, 2017
  3. How to restore the Old Firmware

You can't. There is no way to roll back the firmware using the NSU.

However the fact you cannot stream the live video feeds might be something to do with the fact your GPRS settings have not been entered onto the phone after the firmware update. This sometimes happens. Contact your network and they will be able to send you
    setup details via SMS if this is the case.

keffa---01, Feb 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    I prefer to use CCleaner to selectively remove restore ponts.

Steve C, Feb 6, 2017
  6. Mr Ed Win User
    Thanks, Brink and Steve. I used the CCleaner method and it worked fine.

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Remove Old Restore Points? - Similar Threads - Remove Old Restore

2. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  3. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  4. Help restoring to a restore point that is between 11-20 days old.

Help restoring to a restore point that is between 11-20 days old.: Hello Microsoft.We are having some issues with EasyAntiCheat and a windowsupdate, we cant get rid off. It creates some conflicts. Also, removing the update is very HARD.So we made a restore point. To solve this.Now the PC updated with the update again. And it wont allow us to...
  5. creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point

creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point: I recently had to restore my computer from a previous restore point. That went well but i have attempted to create a new restore point and i get the following message. 0x800423f4 the writer experienced a non-transient error. I looked for some help but not sure about answer....
  6. creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point: I recently had to restore my computer from a previous restore point. That went well but i have attempted to create a new restore point and i get the following message. 0x800423f4 the writer experienced a non-transient error. I looked for some help but not sure about answer....
  7. Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?: Hey, so i had reinstalled windows on my laptop and after that the very next day i had to reset it again because of startup error and now my pc is not working properly and i want to go back to my old windowsthe windows before the reinstall i have no restoreofc they were gone...
  8. Windows update removed restore points

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update removed restore points: so one has to recreate that. Too bad one cannot go back. Wanted to use a restore point because all of a sudden my Outlook 2016 is gone. Off course one cannot find this when scrolling down after hitting the left corner and hitting then "all apps", where it is not seen. I...
  9. How to Create a Restore Point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Create a Restore Point?: Since I've made some progress recovering my system from the catastrophic Windows Update fix this morning, I decided to create a Restore Point. It wasn't obvious how to do this, so I searched the net. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-restore-point suggested to search...
  10. Restore Points removed

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Points removed: I find that the oldest restore points regularly disappear even though I have system recovery on and more than adequate disc space allocated. Am I missing something? 37219