Windows 10: how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page

Discus and support how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RICHARD JTrowbridge, Sep 25, 2019.

1. how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page

how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page

:)

RICHARD JTrowbridge, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2019
  4. how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page

1. how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page - Similar Threads - remove password microwsoft

2. How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible: Hi thereI'm at my wits end , my laptop won't accept my pin and won't let me reset. I have checked different scenarios but I have no start key visible on my Home Screen to remove pin....
  3. How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible: Hi thereI'm at my wits end , my laptop won't accept my pin and won't let me reset. I have checked different scenarios but I have no start key visible on my Home Screen to remove pin....
  4. How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to change the Password to WINDOWS 10 in the START page from HP. how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the Password to WINDOWS 10 in the START page from HP. how?: Dear Sir, I am using WINDOWS 10 in my PC. After cleaned my PC. & to START up it, Unfortunately, I fix a password in the START page a new one where it shows HP instead of WINDOWS. I want to change to put a password with open of WINDOWS. When I click to reset password on that,...
  6. I want to change the Password to WINDOWS 10 in the START page from HP. how?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the Password to WINDOWS 10 in the START page from HP. how?: Dear Sir, I am using WINDOWS 10 in my PC. After cleaned my PC. & to START up it, Unfortunately, I fix a password in the START page a new one where it shows HP instead of WINDOWS. I want to change to put a password with open of WINDOWS. When I click to reset password on that,...
  7. I want to change the Password to WINDOWS 10 in the START page from HP. how?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 – How to remove password from Start screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 – How to remove password from Start screen: I live alone and I don't want to insert a password every time I need to log in. This link doesn't work anymore: link using netplwiz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-remove-password-from-start/33c67727-45e1-4ae0-9076-ba48fdc15892
  9. How to remove a password from windows 10

How to remove a password from windows 10: how to remove a password from windows 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-remove-a-password-from-windows-10/5e6e0fa2-96a5-4bf8-9dc8-b5d911473384"
  10. Remove the password page forever

Remove the password page forever: this is a personal computer * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/remove-the-password-page-forever/c8bc435e-440b-4601-b006-81e8d636dd2e"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable password in laptop