Windows 10: how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar

Discus and support how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys;anybody knows how to make the desktop like this in win 10! i'd like to remove the "search the web and windows'' from the task bar, i use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by silv55, Feb 27, 2015.

1. silv55 Win User

how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar

Hi guys;anybody knows how to make the desktop like this in win 10!
    i'd like to remove the "search the web and windows'' from the task bar,
    i use Chrome so i don't need win search.

:)

silv55, Feb 27, 2015
  2. OssieMac Win User

Get Search the web and Windows back on task bar

I have lost the "Search the web and Windows" from the task bar on one of my computers. How do I re-set it?

OssieMac, Feb 27, 2015
  3. windows 10

i hve recently downloaded and installed windows 10. I am unable to launch anything from the task bar and the " search the web and windows " on the task bar will not let me put anything in

IainMcLellan, Feb 27, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

To remove search from the task bar right click on the task bar to bring up the menu. left click on properties. click the tools tab. change the " search on the task bar" setting to disabled. click apply and ok. search box is gone.

JohnC, Feb 27, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 27, 2015
  6. silv55 Win User
    Thanks guys; i'm running build 9926 and the first option is not available, and the second it's kinda risky, so i'll wait for future builds maybe MS makes it easier to change,besides it doesn't bother me.

silv55, Feb 27, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Right click the Task bar, put mouse cursor on search, then choose Disable.

Winuser, Feb 28, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

This is not available when you do what I and Winuser posted above??

how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 28, 2015
  9. silv55 Win User
    thanks brink; no i get this when i click task manager.

silv55, Feb 28, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 28, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    I was wondering why silv55 wasn't getting the option to disable search on the Task Bar.

Winuser, Feb 28, 2015
  12. silv55 Win User
    I told you you , don't get nothing similar to the above options,when i click search i get a box for searching the web

silv55, Mar 1, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're just failing to follow the steps properly. That's all.

Be sure to right click on an empty area of your taskbar, click on Search in the context menu, and then click on Disabled like below.

how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar [​IMG]

If you don't see this above, then please post a screenshot of what you see when you right click on your taskbar.

Brink, Mar 1, 2015
  14. silv55 Win User

silv55, Mar 1, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're right clicking on your Windows button instead of an empty area on your taskbar. You need to right click on your taskbar where there's nothing there, thus empty. *Wink

Brink, Mar 1, 2015
Thema:

1. how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar - Similar Threads - remove search web

2. How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?: Hi,I'm trying to re-enable searching the web from the Windows search bar after it disappeared without me changing any settings. I tried modifying the registry to re-enable it without any luck. Any ideas?Thanks,Craze...
  3. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  4. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Cortana
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  5. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar

in Cortana
    Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar: Normally, when I press the Windows key and type something in the search bar which is not the name of a local file and press Enter, I would be able to search the web for that thing. However, for some reasons, I can't do that now. See screen shot below. I have searched Google...
  7. Web search gone from windows search bar!

in Cortana
    Web search gone from windows search bar!: I loved web search and used it everyday and now it is somehow gone and I do not know why that is! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-search-gone-from-windows-search-bar/2f7e62a3-c9c3-4e40-9bd3-347f58f01e61
  8. Search the web task bar removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search the web task bar removal: I am trying to get rid of the search the web toolbar at the top of my screen, nothing that is on the web about this works for me. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-the-web-task-bar-removal/9d2a2fec-756b-46a9-838e-8c16c3134783
  9. How do I remove the search bar from the task bar windows 10 1903.

in Cortana
    How do I remove the search bar from the task bar windows 10 1903.: the option is not there anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-search-bar-from-the-task-bar/2f938629-7797-4a9a-93d0-1df8d288c557"
  10. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"