Windows 10: How to remove taskbar popups

Discus and support How to remove taskbar popups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, here's a question i can't find the answer on google for. When i hover the mousepointer over the icons in the taskbar, a window pops up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PCpassive, Sep 16, 2017.

1. PCpassive Win User

How to remove taskbar popups

Hello,
    here's a question i can't find the answer on google for.
    When i hover the mousepointer over the icons in the taskbar, a window pops up with the contents of the icon. HOw do i remove this phenomenon?

thank you in advance

:)

PCpassive, Sep 16, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Completely removing Cortana from my Win10 Install...How?

The one thing you can do is right click the taskbar and in the popup go to Cortana and click on Hidden. This removes the Search box from the taskbar.

lacrumb, Sep 16, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Windows 10 on screen keyboard will not stay off

Is there an icon on the taskbar? If there is right click the taskbar and on the popup you should see a entry that is checked "Show touch keyboard button" Click on it to remove the check.

lacrumb, Sep 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 16, 2017
  5. PCpassive Win User
    HI thanks for the reply.
    i've dealt with delay times in the past, but what i need is a setting to completely remove them so it works like windows 7. You mean there isn't one? omg what have they done? please help

PCpassive, Sep 16, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not aware of a way to directly disable taskbar thumbnail previews.

Using the method above to set a very high delay time would be an effective workaround to disable them though. You won't see them anymore. *Smile

Brink, Sep 16, 2017
  7. Mine are disable, but no registry hack was done.
    I don't remember how I did it, but I'm guessing this was an option in Classic Shell.

margrave55, Sep 16, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Classic Shell may have used the same method.

If you like, you can check the registry to see if the same method was used or not.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove taskbar popups - Similar Threads - remove taskbar popups

2. How To Remove Sidebar CoPilot Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Sidebar CoPilot Popup: I've found answers online that have had no effect in preventing the annoying behavior of the Copilot Sidebar popping up. Registry changes, settings changed....?Edge has a setting, "Automatically open CoPilot in the Sidebar", but the button is disabled? This behavior happens...
  3. How To Remove Sidebar CoPilot Popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove Sidebar CoPilot Popup: I've found answers online that have had no effect in preventing the annoying behavior of the Copilot Sidebar popping up. Registry changes, settings changed....?Edge has a setting, "Automatically open CoPilot in the Sidebar", but the button is disabled? This behavior happens...
  4. How can the Pride Flag be removed from the News and Interests Popup in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the Pride Flag be removed from the News and Interests Popup in the Taskbar: Hello, I am Catholic and the Pride symbol that was installed at the top of News and Interests is an offensive disparaging act against Catholics as it represents homosexual acts, gender denying ideologies and racism. This icon was added by Microsoft. How can we remove this...
  5. How can the Pride Flag be removed from the News and Interests Popup in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the Pride Flag be removed from the News and Interests Popup in the Taskbar: Hello, I am Catholic and the Pride symbol that was installed at the top of News and Interests is an offensive disparaging act against Catholics as it represents homosexual acts, gender denying ideologies and racism. This icon was added by Microsoft. How can we remove this...
  6. how to remove this popup from your screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to remove this popup from your screen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PlaceFew8986 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13aipvw/how_to_remove_this_popup_from_your_screen/
  7. Windows Popup Removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Popup Removal: Hi, I want to remove the thumbnail of the video next to the volume sign. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-popup-removal/4ab4d1a1-2300-41d1-9fc4-2f73b85e4a35
  8. Taskbar Popup

Taskbar Popup: Hello, I'd like to disable an option with the taskbar. While my taskbar is automatically hidden, it pops up with no visible reason. This may be due to using chatting applications such as Discord or Steam, but I'd like for the taskbar to stay hidden, even when a...
  9. Remove popup showing thing open above taskbar

Remove popup showing thing open above taskbar: Is there anyway of removing popup showing thing open above taskbar. For example When you have several pages open on say firefox it pops them up above taskbar. Dont know what its called & it wont screenshot 156780
  10. Popup removals

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Popup removals: would like to remove all eonlinenews popup ads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/popup-removals/98cba74d-ca48-49af-b9be-0fc2f691d23f