Windows 10: How to repair a win10 ssd install with no driver for usb repair ?

Discus and support How to repair a win10 ssd install with no driver for usb repair ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 installations on my PC. Primary and temp. The primary installation cannot boot with error "The boot configuration data file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fixxinet, Feb 6, 2016.

1. fixxinet Win User

How to repair a win10 ssd install with no driver for usb repair ?

I have two Windows 10 installations on my PC. Primary and temp.
    The primary installation cannot boot with error "The boot configuration data file is missing some required information ".

This happened aftter I wiped out another third disk which was the PC's original disk and apparently kept some boot info.

I have a USB boot disk but that does not see my Primary Windows 10 installation because the drive is running a 950 pro m.2 ssd which there is no drivers for when booted in the USB.

So there is no way that I know of, to use the USB and run a boot repair option on Primary installation.

The other Temp installation can boot into windows 10 and it does see my Primary installation's partition ... but how do I repair Primary while booted in Temp ?

It is a UEFI pc.

:)

fixxinet, Feb 6, 2016
  2. FixDtn Win User

How to repair a wiindows 10 installation with no SSD drivers for USB's repair option.

I have two Windows 10 installations on my PC. Primary and temp.

The primary installation cannot boot with error "The boot configuration data file is missing some required information ".

This happened aftter I wiped out another third disk which was the PC's original disk and apparently kept some boot info.

I have a USB boot disk but that does not see my Primary Windows 10 installation because the drive is running a 950 pro m.2 ssd which there is no drivers for when booted in the USB.

So there is no way that I know of, to use the USB and run a boot repair option on Primary installation.

The other Temp installation can boot into windows 10 and it does see my Primary installation's partition ... but how do I repair Primary while booted in Temp ?

It is a UEFI pc.

FixDtn, Feb 6, 2016
  3. How to repair a wiindows 10 installation with no SSD drivers for USB's repair option.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Is the "USB boot disk" referred to Windows 10 media creation tool?

2. When you insert the USB, do you see the Press any Key to Boot option on the screen?

The boot configuration data file is missing some required information error occurs when either of the following conditions is true:

• The Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr) entry is not present in the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store.
    • The Boot\BCD file on the active partition is damaged or missing.
    The second bullet refers to the “active partition”, which means the partition identified by the
    Active bit set on the partition. This is what identifies the ‘system partition’, or in other words, the partition where bootmgr and BCD store are located.

For now, I would suggest that you create a DVD media creation tool and check if you can perform bootrec to repair the primary boot partition.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 1:

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need
      to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disc. When you see the
      'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer'
      link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on Command Prompt

Step 2: Rebuild the BCD store manually by using the Bcdedit.exe tool

If the previous method does not resolve the problem, you can rebuild the BCD store manually by using the Bcdedit.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Put the Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when you are prompted.

3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

7. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

Note Partition represents the letter of the partition on which Windows is installed. Typically, this is partition C. Use the diskpart commands described in Method 2 to determine the letter temporarily assigned to the partition on which Windows
    is installed. The detailed partition information for that partition will show the Info as Boot.

8. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

9. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

10. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

11. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

12. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

13. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

14. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 6, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

From an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt type:

bcdboot D:\Windows

The drive letter in red will be the drive letter to your primary Windows 10 assigned by the temp Windows 10.

Then run msconfig, select the boot tab, and adjust the time delay to make your selection and the Windows 10 that you want as default.

You can also install and run EasyBCD to edit your boot menu to change the names of the Windows entries on the boot menu to whatever you want.

NavyLCDR, Feb 6, 2016
  5. fixxinet Win User
    Hi, thanks for helping,

The command bcdboot D:\Windows succeeds but the SSD still cannot boot with the same error see screenshot http://oi67.tinypic.com/16ia5js.jpg

It is a GPT partition and UEFI bios...

When booting my secondary temp installation I can press Esc and then choose my Primary installation from the boot menu, this will boot my Primary. But it can't boot automatically .. yet.

fixxinet, Feb 6, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Feb 6, 2016
  7. fixxinet Win User
    Here are my disks :

How to repair a win10 ssd install with no driver for usb repair ? [​IMG]

The C: drive wasn't booting on its own even after I tried bcdboot c:\windows

Instead I had to do bcdboot c:\windows /s m: /f All

where m drive was assigned to the 260 MB EFI partition.

In other words the UEFI setup was expecting the boot manager to go to the EFI partition and will not accept it being in C: drive...

Maybe the EFI standard requires this, in disks where there is a dedicated EFI partition? Possibly,

Thanks for helping guys, all done now.

fixxinet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to repair a win10 ssd install with no driver for usb repair ? - Similar Threads - repair win10 ssd

2. No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD: Im in automatic repair mode & this is the line of text next to the log file.f:\recovery\windowsre\winre.wim\system32\logfiles/srttrail.txtIv gone through the command prompt and done all the steps and got to the cd d:windows/system32…ext It wouldn’t let me go past the system32...
  3. No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD: Im in automatic repair mode & this is the line of text next to the log file.f:\recovery\windowsre\winre.wim\system32\logfiles/srttrail.txtIv gone through the command prompt and done all the steps and got to the cd d:windows/system32…ext It wouldn’t let me go past the system32...
  4. Repairing SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing SSD: Hello everyone,Last month I updated windows on my computer and it looped for several hours. I closed it and it booted fine. I scheduled the update for several hours later. Then, the installation just failed midupdate and then no windows was detected on the drive.I tried to...
  5. Repair Win10 laptop system by USB-booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win10 laptop system by USB-booting: I fail to repair Win10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad by booting it with a USB. I ran "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\windows", and the results show that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". After that, I clicked Startup Repair...
  6. Repair Win10 by booting it with a USB

Repair Win10 by booting it with a USB: I fail to repair Win10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad by booting it with a USB. I ran "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\windows", and the results show that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". After that, I clicked Startup Repair...
  7. Repair screen while instaling win10

Repair screen while instaling win10: So, last week i started up my pc and the windows 10 didn't started, showing error 0x0000185. I kept waiting for windows repair and it didn't succeded, so i opened my laptop, got the HDD and formatted on my desktop, put the hdd back in the laptop and tried to boot using my...
  8. SSD errors (SSD repair)

SSD errors (SSD repair): Good morning, I have called on the Microsoft community to ask you for an opinion on an SSD if it has errors and how can I fix them. I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A good day!!!...
  9. win10 repair disc

win10 repair disc: How to make a win10 repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-repair-disc/e698be65-1bdd-4a35-9e38-fbc464eebe3f
  10. Win10 Repair Loop - No USB Options available

Win10 Repair Loop - No USB Options available: Occurence: I logged in Wednesday morning and went through my usual rounds of work related tasks. I walked away from the PC with Outlook, Excel and IE running. Went out for coffee, was gone maybe 2 hrs. Came back and of course the monitors had gone to sleep, although the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repair ssd in win10