Windows 10: How to reset Data Usage ?

Discus and support How to reset Data Usage ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage : data usage is monitored this day to one month back , this is entirely useless since usually people try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 18, 2015.

1. How to reset Data Usage ?

In Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage : data usage is monitored this day to one month back , this is entirely useless since usually people try to monitor their usage since last bill , windows 8.1 allowed resetting of counter in any specific day so the counter can report useful data you can use , through researching and an earlier post I got the understanding that this is the new vision of Microsoft of how Data Usage should work..

Now the question , for sure Data usage must be using some registry key to constantly store data usage per day to achieve this trick of collecting data use over a month , so resetting should be as easy as deleting that key and allowing it rebuild from that point forward , so anybody know the path to that key or went the extra mile and did the reg file to delete it ?

thanks in advance and happy holidays *Party

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 18, 2015

2. How to reset data usage?

Original titile: DATA USAGE

How to reset data usage in windows 10

SUNILKUMARS, Dec 18, 2015
  3. How to reset data usage?

Hi.

Thanks for the quick response. IIt is set as a nonmetered connection.

Reolin_Govender, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to reset Data Usage ?

Brink, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Thanks Brink !
    on a side notice i managed to right click delete all files in C:\Windows\System32\sru according to tutorial in normal mode without any complain from windows . I just had Settings window closed at the time , wi-fi was connected , no ethernet , maybe a windows update helped with this ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 18, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not sure. On my laptop, I still have to do it safe mode for it to work properly.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to reset Data Usage ?

1. How to reset Data Usage ? - Similar Threads - reset Data Usage

2. Data Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage: Hi. Just want a info for this System's Data Usage. Is this really normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/312cb68c-c89d-4270-82f3-5e4d0cdc668c
  3. Data usage

Data usage: I recently discovered that "System" is using a lot of data on my computer. I looked at a question somebody else asked that was the same as my question. Somebody suggested restricting the "regsvr32.exe" application from using data to fix the problem. My question it, what bad...
  4. Data Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Usage: Where I live there is a data cap and I was charged over 100$ for overage... Microsoft Corp is 79%of the data usage.... Being on metered obviously is just for show and no you cant disable those updates which are huge and using your data to do it nevermind using your data to...
  5. DATA USAGE

DATA USAGE: I am checking my Wi-Fi Data Usage, and it currently shows 916 MB Usage from the Last Day. And when I click on "View Usage per App", the Data Usage amount totals nowhere near 916 MB. (i.e. Chrome shows 178 MB Data usage and Microsoft Edge shows 28 MB Data Usage). Why the...
  6. Data usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data usage: How avoid data use to system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/3967634c-05fb-4546-af94-d29c8bcfdb88
  7. Data Usage

Data Usage: Was hoping of some help. When I go into my network settings and click data usage, it tells me 232 GB of ethernet, but when I open up the usage details, the app usage only totals 40 GB when added up. Can anyone explain why there would be such a huge discrepancy? Just for...
  8. Data Usage - How to Reset ?

Data Usage - How to Reset ?: ....... does anybody got an idea how to reset the Data Usage back to 0 ? Any help would be greatly appreciated ....... 14216
  9. Resetting Windows 10 Data usage meter

Resetting Windows 10 Data usage meter: Is there any way to reset the WiFi Data Usage meter each month? 11967
  10. Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10: How to: Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10 How to Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and...