Windows 10: How to restore using windows.old using command prompt

Discus and support How to restore using windows.old using command prompt in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the last win 10 update in october 2018 my Asus Laptop (with 32gig eMMC ) crashed and it will only boot to the Bios . I had to format the C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaheshKaneriya, Dec 15, 2018.

1. How to restore using windows.old using command prompt

After the last win 10 update in october 2018 my Asus Laptop (with 32gig eMMC ) crashed and it will only boot to the Bios . I had to format the C: partition. The X: partition has the operating system ( I guess) I managed to get the command prompt I see the windows.old backup on my micro SD card (D Drive) from 2/17/2018 .

Question is what command can I use to restore from Windows.old using the command prompts?

PS this is the result of following Microsoft's recommendation to set the update function to "auto" . The update program doesn't look for how much hard drive space is available( i guess) and the laptop just crashed. It would not even boot to anything called Windows!!!

:)

MaheshKaneriya, Dec 15, 2018
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 15, 2018
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

How to restore using windows.old using command prompt

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

How to restore using windows.old using command prompt

1. How to restore using windows.old using command prompt - Similar Threads - restore using old

2. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...: i want to know how to use arp command in command prompt as many other command also say same thing "command is not recognised as internal,external, operational program or a batch file "pleasre provide me the solution for this so i can fix this problem...
  3. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...: i want to know how to use arp command in command prompt as many other command also say same thing "command is not recognised as internal,external, operational program or a batch file "pleasre provide me the solution for this so i can fix this problem...
  4. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to restore file from recycle bin using command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore file from recycle bin using command prompt: My laptop is not booting as one of the system file got deleted and went into recycle bin so how to restore all the files from recycle bin through command prompt....
  6. How to restore file from recycle bin using command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore file from recycle bin using command prompt: My laptop is not booting as one of the system file got deleted and went into recycle bin so how to restore all the files from recycle bin through command prompt....
  7. Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt: Good Evening, I am using Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). I've read through the tutorials on how to access and perform System Restores. However, I am having an issue selecting the Restore Point that is desired. It does not appear on the Restore program in Windows,...
  8. How to create a Restore Point using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a Restore Point using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The regular pathway for creating a restore point in Windows 10 is via the System Protection tab from the System Properties window. In this post, we will guide […] This article How to create a Restore Point using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10 first...
  9. Cant use Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant use Command Prompt: So as you can see in the SECOND photo below those are my Enviromental Variables. I cant use my Command Prompt for anything not even to verify app versions. For some odd reason its configured to a 32 bit system and a OpenSSh. I dont know what it means and I suspect its the...
  10. Search using the Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Search using the Command Prompt: Hi - I need a bit of help but it cannot be too technical as I don't understand half of what I read in these threads*Confused My computer will not boot into Windows 10 (10.0.18302.356) but it does get so far as a Recovery Screen which tells me that a critical system driver is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore from windows.old command prompt

2. how to talk to a old windows phone thorugh command prompt

3. restore windows.old cmd

4. copy from windows.old in cmd,
  5. windows old using command prompt,
  6. restore windows.old using command line