Windows 10: How to revert local account to administrator acc.

Discus and support How to revert local account to administrator acc. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I changed my local administrator account, to standard accc., now I lost all elevated rights. I have a working windows account, but I don't know the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Alboari, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Alboari Win User

How to revert local account to administrator acc.

I changed my local administrator account, to standard accc., now I lost all elevated rights.
    I have a working windows account, but I don't know the password of the local account to revert.
    Thanks,

:)

Alboari, Aug 22, 2015

2. Problems with installing programs

Thank you for the all answers. I got one more last question. I tried to make my Local Acc from Administrator Acc to Admin but it's already on Admin. All Acc's are on Admin. I don't know is there any way to make my Local Account to have full Admin rights
    like Administrator Account. All of this is my fault since I created Local Account while installing Windows instead of just logging in to Microsoft Account and finishing installation two months ago. Now I have my Local Acc (one that I use), Microsoft Acc, Administrator
    Acc (that ONLY have full Admin rights) and default Accounts like Guest Acc and I think there is one called something like DefaultAccount. But I never use Guest Acc's so that doesn't matter. I made them hidden anyway. So can you tell me how I can make my Local
    Acc to have full rights on PC or even better how can I move all files, Settings etc. to another Acc (Administrator)? Thanks in advance!

- Strahinja -, Aug 22, 2015
  3. LucyMay68 Win User
    how to revert local account to microsoft account

I have the same question.

LucyMay68, Aug 22, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hello. I am not sure I understand the question. Let me see:

• You had an administrative account (local, not MS).
    • You changed this administrative account to a limited account.
    • You want to change the limited account back to an administrative account.
    • You have another administrative account, but you don't know the password.

Is this correct?

You must be logged into an administrative account in order to give administrative rights to a local account.

Does another user of the computer know the password to the administrative account?
    Did you create a password reset disk for the administrative account?

simrick, Aug 22, 2015
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Alboari Win User
    my error, I do not have another administrative account, and when I want to change the account type, I get a pop up, saying to type a password or fingerprint, so far good, but it tell me I need elevated rights, I was in the process to create a reset disk.,I can open cmd elevated from boot, then what do I do?

Alboari, Aug 22, 2015
  7. simrick Win User
    I'm sorry, but I really have no idea how to change a limited account to an administrative account from an elevated C prompt at boot.

Didn't Windows warn you that you were changing to a limited account when you were doing this?

Is this computer upgraded from W7 or W8?
    Is the computer activated?

If yes to both, the only thing I can recommend is a clean install.

Please make sure your files are backed up to external media.

Please try downloading the ISO from the link I gave above, from option #1, the link being to MS TechBench. Be sure to get the correct version and bitness for your existing system.

Boot the computer using the DVD, and follow the instructions to install, keeping nothing (a clean install). When it asks for a keycode, just "skip".

NOTE: This will remove all user accounts, files and applications, so be sure your files are backed up, and the computer is activated before you do this.

simrick, Aug 22, 2015
  8. Alboari Win User

I did a system restore and all is back to normal.
    I used a week old restore point.
    Thanks

Alboari, Aug 22, 2015
  9. simrick Win User
    Good news! Glad you got it sorted.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to revert local account to administrator acc. - Similar Threads - revert local account

2. How to exit Local account and be in a normal Microsoft acc?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to exit Local account and be in a normal Microsoft acc?: Every time I try to sign back into my Microsoft from a local one or try to login to my Xbox account I will have something pop up then disappear or it will give me an error code and tell me to try again later on....
  3. How to exit Local account and be in a normal Microsoft acc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to exit Local account and be in a normal Microsoft acc?: Every time I try to sign back into my Microsoft from a local one or try to login to my Xbox account I will have something pop up then disappear or it will give me an error code and tell me to try again later on....
  4. How to exit Local account and be in a normal Microsoft acc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change Local Account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Local Account to Administrator: I can't change Local to Administrator so this is how it look like: Enter Username and Passwordbut I'm on my only account so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-account-to-administrator/a1bed261-609c-4af9-96ac-651d22812ac2
  6. How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...: How to built-in administrator enable the account from user account.....? I tried following command but getting below error. [ATTACH] Can you give the solution to fix the issue....
  7. acc administrator lost

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    acc administrator lost: how can i get back my acc administrator ? i have done something that i have lost that acc...can u help me to get back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acc-administrator-lost/fefc1916-10ef-4d6d-839a-c8a53b582563
  8. Reverting back to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reverting back to local account: I inadvertently bought in to the request to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of my local account. When trying to use my local account at the log in I don't get the option to log in as another user and my old local account is all messed up....
  9. Local account to administrator

Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...
  10. How to revert account back to local

How to revert account back to local: I've downloaed an app from the store and this made my local account to be authenticated against my Microsoft-account. How can I revert back the account to be a local account? Thanks in advance Olli 11266

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will administrator revert back to me if I delete a local account