Windows 10: How to run browser in safe mode with networking?

Discus and support How to run browser in safe mode with networking? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How can I run a browser in safe mode with networking? I tried running edge and chrome and nothing happened, after I learned a way to get wi-fi access... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CoUser, Oct 3, 2017.

1. CoUser Win User

How to run browser in safe mode with networking?

How can I run a browser in safe mode with networking? I tried running edge and chrome and nothing happened, after I learned a way to get wi-fi access in this mode.

:)

CoUser, Oct 3, 2017
  2. Wagnard Win User

[FCU] - How to run the "Schedule" service in Safe Mode ?

Hi,

Before the Fall creator update (1709 16299.xx) I was able o run the "Schedule" service in safe mode so my application that require safe mode (DDU) can clear up the tasks there.

Now it is not working anymore the way I used to make it work,

Before I was adding theses key to allow "Schedule" to work:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\PNP_TDI

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Schedule

Both with a default value of "Service"

Now with the Fall creator update, when I start the "Schedule" service, I get a message telling:
    (The "Schedule" service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other service or programs.)

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is there another service that I must allow to run in safe mode too?

Thanks,

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Wagnard, Oct 3, 2017
  3. [FCU] - How to run the "Schedule" service in Safe Mode ?

Hi,

This issue may occur due to conflicts with the some updates or programs installed on your computer. Your question is more complex than what is typically answered here in Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet forums..
    Kindly click on this link to access the TechNet forums.

Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 3, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Tony K, Oct 3, 2017
  5. Welcome to the TenForums @CoUser

and Chrome will open, I just did it. Just to be sure we are not still dealing with a "Wi-FI" issue could you retry and could you use a cable if you can get access to Router.

Might we ask, how did you get to safe mode. I recommend holding shift key down and clicking restart. They you can use menus to get to safe mode.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

When you try your browser are they not starting, starting but not connecting, other?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 3, 2017
  6. CoUser Win User
    I didn't try IE and I don't even want to try if it works because I don't use it.

Thanks! I did it that way and I don't understand why I should try connecting a cable since my problem isn't about having internet access but opening the browser. It just won't open.

CoUser, Oct 3, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    You said you tried Edge. Just giving you info. *Wink

Try disabling extensions, then try it in safe mode.

Tony K, Oct 3, 2017
  8. How to run browser in safe mode with networking?

Since I didn’t understand how the browser wasn’t working and you mentioned you needed to do something to make network work I thought it was worth proposing using a cable, especially as I had to do nothing to get Chrome to work in safe mode and I imagine it was the same for HippsieGypsie with IE.

Since Chrome won't execute in Safe mode it has me thinking there is something more fundamentally wrong with the Windows environment. Have you check the event viewer or Reliability history at the time of start to see what is being recorded there.

May I ask why you are trying to run a browser in safe mode, is there another problem you are trying to solve.

Caledon Ken, Oct 3, 2017
  9. CoUser Win User
    I tried Edge, but not IE. How can I disable extensions if I can't even run the browser? If I disable them and then restart the PC will they still be disabled?

No, how can I do that and when should I do that? I just want to be able to run it in case I have those nasty virus that won't let me.

CoUser, Oct 3, 2017
  10. For testing purposes just to see if it is extensions, boot normally, enter extensions and uncheck each one. Boot to Safe Mode and test.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 3, 2017
  11. Tony K Win User
    Yes they will. Perhaps I wasn't clear. Disable in regular mode, then try in safe mode. Settings are kept in the Registry.

Tony K, Oct 3, 2017
  12. CoUser Win User
    I tried that and the browser still doesn't open.

I did that but the browser isn't opening.

CoUser, Oct 4, 2017
  13. How to run browser in safe mode with networking?

Okay so we have some possible routes to go here.

Did you try IE? I know you don't use but we are trying to determine if this is Windows or Chrome. If IE also doesn't work then there is an issue with Windows ( or a service that is not starting ). In that case I would do an in place repair / upgrade. This will take you to V1703. I would download fresh media creation tool and windows media. I always recommend a data backup off machine.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

(It would be a shame to repair windows and find that a cable connection would have solved this, its a three minute test.)

If IE works then the issue is with Chrome and I would recommend starting with a browser reset.

In one of my posts I asked if anything was being recorded in Reliability History or the Event Viewer when you try to start Chrome in Safe Mode. Did you investigate?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 4, 2017
  14. CoUser Win User
    I uninstalled it and that would be a rather radical decision. I wouldn't do that just for having the browser to work in safe mode with networking. I tried using a cable like you said but it didn't work.

Sorry, but like I said before, how can I use the Event Viewer or the Reliability History?

CoUser, Oct 4, 2017
  15. Tony K Win User
    Press the Windows key > Type Reliability History > When open you may click on any day to view details, then on an event to view more details.

Tony K, Oct 4, 2017
Thema:

1. How to run browser in safe mode with networking? - Similar Threads - run browser safe

2. How to run Defender in safe mode - W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run Defender in safe mode - W11: I have a trojan on my computer that Defender finds but cannot remove. I tried to run Defender in safe mode, but it is in the so-called gray mode and therefore does not start. Is this somehow possible or some other way to remove the trojan....
  3. How to run Windows 10 in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run Windows 10 in safe mode: Hello,How to run Windows 10 in safe mode on Dell Precision M4800 ?After searching on the web found press "F4" on startup.Tried. Doesn't work.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-windows-10-in-safe-mode/3137dcff-39c1-4d48-a879-cce123960b09
  4. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  5. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  6. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  8. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  9. Networking in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Networking in safe mode: Hi. Hope you are doing well. I have an HP laptop and it was working perfectly until recently, as soon as I sign-in to my Microsoft account the screen starts to Flicker wildly, when I try to open the task manager it prompts an error related to 'd3d12.dll not found'. After...
  10. Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode with networking: No matter what I try safe mode with networking refuses to work for me. Im running windows 10, it's an evoo laptop submitted by /u/sjredditor15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwns17/safe_mode_with_networking/