Windows 10: How to set (change) download location for MS Store?

Discus and support How to set (change) download location for MS Store? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive with loads of space. How do I redirect it please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by skiBB, Jan 2, 2019.

1. skiBB Win User

How to set (change) download location for MS Store?

I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive with loads of space. How do I redirect it please?

:)

skiBB, Jan 2, 2019

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jan 2, 2019
  4. How to set (change) download location for MS Store?

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

How to set (change) download location for MS Store?

1. How to set (change) download location for MS Store? - Similar Threads - set change download

2. Downloads in MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads in MS Store: Hi There is a thread on this but it is old and does not quite reflect my issue. I want to cancel some downloads in the queue in MS Store but there is no X button anywhere near, right or left of App title. please help. thanks...
  3. Downloads in MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads in MS Store: Hi There is a thread on this but it is old and does not quite reflect my issue. I want to cancel some downloads in the queue in MS Store but there is no X button anywhere near, right or left of App title. please help. thanks...
  4. Change download location.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change download location.: Hi everyone! My C drive storage is full so I didn't have enough storage to dowload a game Sea of Thieves. Is it possible to change the location of my next downloads? I have other hard drive. Thanks, Movido de: [PT-BR]...
  5. Microsoft Store won't change download location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't change download location: Hello, I've been trying to download some games onto my laptop using the game pass. I have to put them onto my SD card D: drive as my system storage is mostly taken up by the OS. I've gone into settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, and changed it to my SD...
  6. Set download location for windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Set download location for windows store: When i change the download location for windows store to another drive it asks if i want to delete the apps on there. I don't I have a 1TB HD with a designated folder but the only option is to set the drive. What would be deleted if i select yes? I presume the drive would be...
  7. This is how MS Store downloads games...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is how MS Store downloads games...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/someniatko [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxwe2l/this_is_how_ms_store_downloads_games/
  8. Changing downloads location

in Browsers and Email
    Changing downloads location: Hi all,,, At the moment whenever I download a file from the internet, it automaticly goes into a folder called Downloads on my D drive, but I want it to go in a folder on my C drive in Users \ Myname\ Downloads. Can you tell me how to redirect it please.? Len 142431
  9. download location change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download location change: how do i change the download location to my laptop. everything i download goes to my cellphone. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-location-change/d537bce6-2fe0-4d4a-8cf0-392bbdf7ece5
  10. Change download location

in Browsers and Email
    Change download location: Hi, I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my download folder in Windows 7. How can I change it to be set to Windows 10. Hopefully screen shot can explain better . 22148