Windows 10: How to set font to default in Windows 10

Discus and support How to set font to default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I followed a tutorial on some website telling me how to change the default font to something else but I found out too late that it was fake, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluntc0ncussi0n, Jun 8, 2017.

1. How to set font to default in Windows 10

Hello I followed a tutorial on some website telling me how to change the default font to something else but I found out too late that it was fake, and instead of changing the font to the one I chose it, changed it to something else that looked strange so I decided to forget about it. I had no problem deleting the font files and uninstalling the font itself, but am unsure how to change the font so it looks normal how I set it before I looked at the fake tutorial I mentioned. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, Jun 8, 2017

2. Microsoft Live Mail

How do I set a default value for font, font size, and font color in Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 ?

JAMESPERRY64, Jun 8, 2017
  3. Wordpad default settings

how to set wordpad default font in windows 10

TheResort Computer Club, Jun 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to set font to default in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 8, 2017
  5. I tried a system restore twice and unfortunately I receive a message saying "System restore did not complete successfully, your computer's system files and settings were not changed, details: Restore failed when restoring the directory from the restore point, source: AppxStaging, destination: programfiles\windows apps, an unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x80070091), you can try system restore again and chose a different restore point." I'm not sure what this means but hopefully you could provide some context.
    How to set font to default in Windows 10 [​IMG]

bluntc0ncussi0n, Jun 9, 2017
  6. Also it says that the only available restore point is June 6, which is the same one I tried earlier twice.

bluntc0ncussi0n, Jun 9, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Go ahead and list the steps you did to see if it may be something we can easily undo to avoid a repair install.

Brink, Jun 9, 2017
  8. How to set font to default in Windows 10

This may be worth a try, but the last time I tried to include a link to another site, it was deleted.

Winaero has a category called "Advanced Appearance Settings" under which you can alter the fonts in many sub-categories.

For each of the sub-category page, it also has the option to "Reset this page to defaults".

If you use one the categories to make a change and you don't like it, I believe "Reset this page to defaults" will bring you back to the Windows 10 default, not just revert back to the unpleasant tweak you did earlier.

Also, If you google "Winaero How to change system font in Windows 10", it tells you how it works, and at the bottom of the page is a link to a page with a registry file you can download that will reset the font to its default.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to set font to default in Windows 10

1. How to set font to default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set font default

2. How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10: I am using JavaFX Scene builder in Windows 10. I have installed Segoe UI fonts on my Windows 10 computer and accidentally deleted the default Segoe UI fonts from the registary. And what happened is all my windows UI fonts turn into wired symbols. So, I searched the web...
  3. how to change default font in windows 10

how to change default font in windows 10: My Windows 10 default Font is very thin and not easily readable. How to change the default font for a better view.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-font-in-windows-10/05f677d6-581c-4979-b771-6f1bdc0cb207
  4. How to restore default fonts in Windows 10?

How to restore default fonts in Windows 10?: Hi, Can any one please explain how to restore default fonts in Windows 10 Home? I want to delete all the fonts that I have added and just have the normal fonts that windows comes with....
  5. Windows 10 Mail Default Font Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Default Font Setting: I have reset the Windows 10 Mail default font to 12 point, followed by a Restart. However, when I start typing a new email, the font in the message is STILL the original setting of 11. If I refer back to the Default setting, it shows that it is 12. ??...
  6. Set a version of a font as default for Windows

Set a version of a font as default for Windows: Hi everyone, I have 2 version of "Georgia Regular" A Pro version that I can install for my user in AppData/Local or in C:\Windows\Fonts for all Users A "normal" version installed when installing Windows 10 I want to use the Pro version as the default "Regular Version"....
  7. Setting a font as default

Setting a font as default: My laptop came with a default font Calibri. I want to change the default font to Times Roman. I have followed instructions to change the default font but it is not happening and Calibri remains the default. Is there a way of resolving this?...
  8. Default font settings restore.

Default font settings restore.: How can I restore the default font settings on Windows 10. When I try by going through Control Panel the button to reset default settings just goes grey when I click on it....
  9. Initial Default Font Settings in Windows 10

Initial Default Font Settings in Windows 10: No one in Microsoft support seems to know what the initial font settings are for a new installation of Windows 10. We have a new computer with a larger monitor. Unfortunately, the existing fonts are too small for an older person to read. I know it does not make sense that...
  10. Restore Default Font Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Font Settings in Windows: How to: Restore Default Font Settings in Windows How to Restore Default Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. You can change the following font settings in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you set default font in windows 10

2. set font default in windows 10