Windows 10: How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

Discus and support How to show user logon screen with switch user by default? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I've added another user to my pc but I want my user to be on by default and show this screen anytime a logon is required (with the Switch User... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Crazyhooligan70, Oct 12, 2019.

1. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

Hello,

I've added another user to my pc but I want my user to be on by default and show this screen anytime a logon is required (with the Switch User button): (not my picture)

How to show user logon screen with switch user by default? bf52286d-742c-4b38-bccb-3c2fe12f80fb?upload=true.jpg

Thanks,

Harry

:)

Crazyhooligan70, Oct 12, 2019

2. 1709 - Unable to logon with an other user (switch user)

Yes I can, but that does not mean that I see it in a logon screen or another switch user screen.

I did that already. What I do, none of the new users show up.

PureRhinoFox, Oct 12, 2019
  3. 1709 - Unable to logon with an other user (switch user)

After upgrading from 1703 to 1709 it's only possible to logon with the user that started the upgrade. No User Switch is possible.

I tried all possibilities.
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/switch-user-in-windows-10.1702/

No malware detected according to Defender, HitManPro and MBAM.

• HP PRO 3300 MT with latest BIOS version
    • Windows 10 Pro NL
    • There are only local accounts (HHV3, HHVadmin (Admin), and others.
    I rolled back, made an other local user Rein (Admin) did the upgrade again from

• Windows Update (No result)
    • MCT local update
    • USB-stick, made with MCT.
    All, with no result.

I tried:

• Gpedit – Enable/Disable fast user switching

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch
    • The same but direct in the register.
    • Boot to safe mode
    • Made a new user (Didn't show up)
    • net user <user> /active:no

net user <user> /active:yes
    • All of
      --> this <----
    • Several apps and antivirus removed before upgrade
    • SFC /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Made REIN a MS account and ran: Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

-> I also did the upgrade with te MS-account Rein!
    • Changed the rights of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch
      so that only Rein (Admin) could change the value (It still reverted back to 0) After changing the rights it stayed on 1 but no effect.
    I also had help from Microsoft Customer Support (Ticket: SRX1410652888ID) Netherlands (Melania and Corado - Located in Hongary) Both suggested things I already did.

Last mail from Corado:

"My superior does not have anything further to add, and I myself am running out of ideas. How would you like to proceed? Perhaps you could make a post on answers.microsoft.com to see if other Windows 10 users have had this issue and found something we
    missed?"

I hope someone has another idea? Other than reinstalling!!!

PureRhinoFox, Oct 12, 2019
  4. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

Windows 10 - User Switching When Using Picture Logon

In Windows 8.1, I have an account which uses a picture to unlock the account and another account on the same machine that just uses a standard password entry.

With the install of Windows 10, this carried over however there is no longer a way to switch to the other user when on the picture unlock login screen.

The only way to choose the other user is to change to the password input method of logging in then selecting the other user in the bottom left corner of the screen.

I would request that the area to choose another user be existent on the picture logon screen as well so that you do not have to switch back and forth on your logon screen or provide a link/button to the effect of "not this user? click here" in order to bring
    up the other users. The annoyance is that once you choose to use the traditional password logon, if you want to go back to using the picture logon again, you would need to select that option which to me is just extra steps not needed.

To duplicate:

1. Log into account using picture logon

2. Log off of that account

3. Screen will still remain on the last user you were logged in as and it will be the picture logon option

4. There is no option to choose the other user on the machine

5. Click on the password logon option to go to the traditional logon screen and then you can choose the other user and logon as expected.

confused2gether, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

1. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default? - Similar Threads - show user logon

2. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  3. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  4. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Other user" button/option is not showing at logon screen.

"Other user" button/option is not showing at logon screen.: Hello,When I sign out or reboot, I am not seeing the "Other user" option or button at the bottom left. I have tried many things including what is in this article and it doesn't...
  6. How to switch user at logon screen in windows 10

How to switch user at logon screen in windows 10: Dear Microsoft, My default login user was disabled so I can't login to my laptop anymore. I have built-in Administrator enabled, but I have no idea how to change my default user sign-in at logon screen. There is only show the password entry field and no switch user options...
  7. Other User on logon screen

Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  8. Windows 10 Default User logon

Windows 10 Default User logon: We have a domain network with Windows 10 PC's and perform remote admin tasks either out of hours or when the user is not present. When I do this I sign in to the PC as a domain admin perform the work and power down. When the PC is then booted by the user the login promtp...
  9. How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL

in Windows 10 News
    How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux is an essential component of Windows 10 and a boon for the developers who rely on any of the flavors of Linux to get their work done. However, it has always been a problem [...] This post How to set default user, switch...
  10. Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user: On a friends laptop which was given to him, on the startup/logon screen he sees 2 names. His own and the previous owner. He said he deleted the user account for the previous owner and if I go to users, it only shows him as the sole user as administrator. If I use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show switch user button windows 10 logon

2. show switch user button windows 7 logon

3. server doesnt show switch user

4. switch user missing after installing Cisco Start before logon,
  5. how to show nintendo switch user at system startup,
  6. switch user doesnt show up,
  7. userswitch logonui