Windows 10: How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file?

Discus and support How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I want to copy or paste a file to another directory Windows asked me to click on an admin permissions button for it to happen. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QT Pro, Aug 23, 2017.

1. QT Pro Win User

How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file?

Every time I want to copy or paste a file to another directory Windows asked me to click on an admin permissions button for it to happen. This is extremely annoying and totally unnecessary. Does anyone know how to prevent that please?

Also, when I try to create a new folder on an external drive I get a Windows notification sound and it won't allow me to create the new folder. How to get around that nonsense would be appreciated too. *Rolleyes

:)

QT Pro, Aug 23, 2017

2. How to request A copy of my content to be shipped to me on a CD/DVD

I have been in touch with my contacts at Microsoft and they have created a page where you can request your CD/DVD of My Phone data. They are currently testing it and it should be ready to go shortly. I will post back a link for the page as soon as Microsoft
    lets me know the page is live.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 23, 2017
  3. How to request A copy of my content to be shipped to me on a CD/DVD

According to
    Microsoft's knowledgebase article:

Starting on October 6, 2011, users can request physical media (CD or DVD-ROM) containing all information saved to their My Phone account. This opportunity will be available to users for a full year, until October 5, 2012. Users should contact

Microsoft Support
    to submit a request.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 23, 2017
  4. werby Win User

werby, Aug 23, 2017
  5. QT Pro Win User
    Thank you for your reply Werby.

1. UAC was already turned off completely (it may be insecure but I want control over my own PC). Even with UAC deactivated I am still required to provide admin permission to copy, paste, or delete from one drive to another.

2. EVERYONE, CREATOR, and SYSTEM all have Full Control on everything because I share my PC with nobody. I use Windows Defender as my anti-virus and Comodo Firewall but I doubt either of those would prevent me creating a folder.

I should point out that I use Xplorer 2 as my file manager and I have noticed that if I use Windows Explorer I can create the folder so I'm guessing Win 10 is somehow objecting to the use of Xplorer 2.

Edit:
    It appears to apply to just one drive, the security settings of which also allow Full Control to all types of user.

QT Pro, Aug 24, 2017
  6. werby Win User
    werby, Aug 24, 2017
  7. QT Pro Win User
    Thanks Werby! That fixed the new folder issue although I had to re-enable sharing afterwards.

QT Pro, Aug 24, 2017
  8. werby Win User

You are welcome!
    You have to be very careful with permissions which sometimes lead to a good...OS reinstall.

Thanks to Brink for useful links *Smile

werby, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file? - Similar Threads - stop admin authorization

2. 400 Bad Request when copy and paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    400 Bad Request when copy and paste: I have been having this problem for few days now whenever I try to copy paste text it will show 400 bad request. I tried flushdns but it didnt work. I also tried clear browser cache but didn't work as well. All of my browsers are doing fine. I can connect to the internet and...
  3. 400 Bad Request when copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    400 Bad Request when copy and paste: I have been having this problem for few days now whenever I try to copy paste text it will show 400 bad request. I tried flushdns but it didnt work. I also tried clear browser cache but didn't work as well. All of my browsers are doing fine. I can connect to the internet and...
  4. 400 Bad Request when copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copying files stop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copying files stop: When trying to copy my laptop files to a USB hard drive, intermittently it will just stop copying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-stop/b1401cbf-1798-4548-befe-b2805bfdc9d7
  6. How to remove request to 'save copy of print to file'

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove request to 'save copy of print to file': I'm on windows 10 and have become blighted by a pop up that requires a print copy is sent to file. It wants file path and pdf type. If I click 'cancel' it wont print. Filling/creating a path and type is tedious. It's clogging the file source. I don't need the copy I have the...
  7. copy paste damaging files when pasting into an sd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy paste damaging files when pasting into an sd: I had to format the SD card of my phone, so i saved a couple of file in my Surface so that i could later copy them into the formatted SD. Formatting went without a problem, but when i was copying the files back, some did not go through it untouched AKA i cant open a few of...
  8. Copy and paste stopped working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste stopped working.: How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1
  9. copy paste stopped working with wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copy paste stopped working with wireless mouse: copy paste stopped working with wireless mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-stopped-working-with-wireless-mouse/d29ea1a3-62c5-4c3a-86f9-5fbe0ec43895
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer stopped win qp