Windows 10: How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file?

Discus and support How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I want to copy or paste a file to another directory Windows asked me to click on an admin permissions button for it to happen. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QT Pro, Aug 23, 2017.

1. QT Pro Win User

How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file?

Every time I want to copy or paste a file to another directory Windows asked me to click on an admin permissions button for it to happen. This is extremely annoying and totally unnecessary. Does anyone know how to prevent that please?

Also, when I try to create a new folder on an external drive I get a Windows notification sound and it won't allow me to create the new folder. How to get around that nonsense would be appreciated too. *Rolleyes

:)

QT Pro, Aug 23, 2017

2. How to request A copy of my content to be shipped to me on a CD/DVD

I have been in touch with my contacts at Microsoft and they have created a page where you can request your CD/DVD of My Phone data. They are currently testing it and it should be ready to go shortly. I will post back a link for the page as soon as Microsoft
    lets me know the page is live.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 23, 2017
  3. How to request A copy of my content to be shipped to me on a CD/DVD

According to
    Microsoft's knowledgebase article:

Starting on October 6, 2011, users can request physical media (CD or DVD-ROM) containing all information saved to their My Phone account. This opportunity will be available to users for a full year, until October 5, 2012. Users should contact

Microsoft Support
    to submit a request.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 23, 2017
  4. werby Win User

werby, Aug 23, 2017
  5. QT Pro Win User
    Thank you for your reply Werby.

1. UAC was already turned off completely (it may be insecure but I want control over my own PC). Even with UAC deactivated I am still required to provide admin permission to copy, paste, or delete from one drive to another.

2. EVERYONE, CREATOR, and SYSTEM all have Full Control on everything because I share my PC with nobody. I use Windows Defender as my anti-virus and Comodo Firewall but I doubt either of those would prevent me creating a folder.

I should point out that I use Xplorer 2 as my file manager and I have noticed that if I use Windows Explorer I can create the folder so I'm guessing Win 10 is somehow objecting to the use of Xplorer 2.

Edit:
    It appears to apply to just one drive, the security settings of which also allow Full Control to all types of user.

QT Pro, Aug 24, 2017
  6. werby Win User
    werby, Aug 24, 2017
  7. QT Pro Win User
    Thanks Werby! That fixed the new folder issue although I had to re-enable sharing afterwards.

QT Pro, Aug 24, 2017
  8. werby Win User

You are welcome!
    You have to be very careful with permissions which sometimes lead to a good...OS reinstall.

Thanks to Brink for useful links *Smile

werby, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file? - Similar Threads - stop admin authorization

2. How to remove request to 'save copy of print to file'

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove request to 'save copy of print to file': I'm on windows 10 and have become blighted by a pop up that requires a print copy is sent to file. It wants file path and pdf type. If I click 'cancel' it wont print. Filling/creating a path and type is tedious. It's clogging the file source. I don't need the copy I have the...
  3. Trying to Get Admin Authority

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to Get Admin Authority: Can someone explain what that statement in bold really means? I've been trying to figure out how to get admin access on my laptop. I thought I had administrative authority, but I don't. If someone could explain to me what this means, I'd be grateful. [IMG]...
  4. Copy and paste stopped working.

Copy and paste stopped working.: How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1
  5. Copy & Paste

Copy & Paste: I need help with my Copy& paste, on my computer, is there an app that I go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/42daff44-31ef-4272-a549-c2fffeddbe4c
  6. Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and Paste: When I try to copy and paste from a search to a file it won't paste but copy and paste to an email does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste/ec847d43-e1d8-41e2-85ec-627b4a8fed5d"
  7. Copy + Paste

Copy + Paste: I was trying to copy and paste an information and I can not, I know with Ctrl + C and Ctrl V but I can not use it, I do not have a mouse on my Laptop. Is there another way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/2d9b23d9-8956-4a01-b841-757120c3956d
  8. Copy and paste

Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  9. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste: Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated. Kerry...
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer stopped win qp