Windows 10: how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer

Discus and support how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jonathan14, Nov 27, 2018.

1. how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer

how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer

:)

jonathan14, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

I'm still seeing start menu ads dispite turning them off

Hello BreadedChicken, and welcome to Ten Forums. how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer :)

The Occasionally show suggestions in Start setting is only for the Suggested apps shown in the All Apps list in the Start menu instead.

*Arrow Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

You can also turn off automatic installation of suggested apps to completely stop them. Be sure to also read the blue note box at the top of the tutorial below for more info.

*Arrow Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer - Similar Threads - stop edge starting

2. How do I stop my computer from turning on by itself?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I stop my computer from turning on by itself?: My computer keeps turning on by itself. I searched up all the ways and none of them work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-computer-from-turning-on-by/a90ca2eb-acaf-4361-9e47-2550ca2da51b
  3. How do I stop from entering Boot Manager when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop from entering Boot Manager when I turn on my computer?: Hi,I added a new NVMe m.2 drive to my desktop and that's when I started to get boot manager asking me what volume I'd like to load from.I have an existing NVMe m.2 Samsung drive with my OS installed on it.I also have 2 other drives for storage, both SATA, and HDD and an SSD.I...
  4. how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?: How do I change the setting on windows 11 to not start up when I open the cover? It never turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-computer-from-starting-when-i-open/cef67710-1788-41cc-9098-38abc3411988
  5. how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?

how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?: How do I change the setting on windows 11 to not start up when I open the cover? It never turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-computer-from-starting-when-i-open/cef67710-1788-41cc-9098-38abc3411988
  6. How is it possible to stop Edge from opening when I start my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How is it possible to stop Edge from opening when I start my computer: Hello,How is it possible to stop Edge from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or the startup folder, but Edge is absent from there. Thanks,Note : in the first version of this post I talked about Bing, but I...
  7. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?: Hello,How is it possible to stop Bing from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or the startup folder, but Bing is absent from there. Thanks,...
  8. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?: Hello,How is it possible to stop Bing from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or the startup folder, but Bing is absent from there. Thanks,...
  9. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

10. Microsoft Edge launches when I turn on my computer

Microsoft Edge launches when I turn on my computer: I don't use Microsoft Edge and it is not the default browser on my computer, but it is launching everytime I turn on my computer or reboot, and I can't find a setting to change that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop edge loading at logon

2. stop edge from startup