Windows 10: How to stop full screen messages appearing upon boot up?

Discus and support How to stop full screen messages appearing upon boot up? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an unattended PC running Windows 10 Pro, that is configured to reboot automatically and auto-sign in at 5AM every day. On some occasions when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by knwatkins, Aug 31, 2019.

1. knwatkins Win User

How to stop full screen messages appearing upon boot up?

I have an unattended PC running Windows 10 Pro, that is configured to reboot automatically and auto-sign in at 5AM every day.

On some occasions when Windows updates have been installed and the PC reboots, before getting to the desktop, a full screen message will appear to give information on the update that has been installed. This requires someone to press 'OK' or 'Next' before continuing to the desktop and fully booting into Windows.

Is there any way to switch these messages off? As this is an unattended PC, there is no one to press 'OK' or 'Next' to continue to boot to the desktop.

Thanks in advance.

:)

knwatkins, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Maria K' Win User

how can i stop message notifications appearing on my front screen ?

Hello hayleyjkb.

Thank you for posting in the community.

There is no way to stop notifications for messages to appear on your phone's top part of a screen.

It is there be design.

If you would like to see new services and features to be introduced to Window phone please post your ideas and vote for suggestions you like at Windows phone Suggestion box forum:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Regards

Maria

Maria K', Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop full screen messages appearing upon boot up? - Similar Threads - stop full screen

2. When a close pop-up message appears, the window changes to the full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When a close pop-up message appears, the window changes to the full screen: In programs such as Chrome and Edge, the window gradually grows to the full screen when a pop-up message appears when you press Closehttps://youtu.be/m3BpaFQ6Jh4 please help me...
  3. When a close pop-up message appears, the window changes to the full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When a close pop-up message appears, the window changes to the full screen: In programs such as Chrome and Edge, the window gradually grows to the full screen when a pop-up message appears when you press Closehttps://youtu.be/m3BpaFQ6Jh4 please help me...
  4. upon booting get message No operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upon booting get message No operating system: after an upgrade desktop boots but stops with message NO operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upon-booting-get-message-no-operating-system/af2afb19-7646-464a-808b-c57608b1b70d
  5. upon booting get message No operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upon booting get message No operating system: after an upgrade desktop boots but stops with message NO operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upon-booting-get-message-no-operating-system/af2afb19-7646-464a-808b-c57608b1b70d
  6. upon booting get message No operating system

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Message upon booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message upon booting up: Upon booting up my PC, the following appears on the screen: Checking Media Presence Media Present Start PXE over IDv4. Press ESC to about PXE boot I usually just let it do its thing. Seems to boot up as usual and everything is working just fine. Just wondering why...
  8. Strange screen upon boot

Strange screen upon boot: [IMG]Every time i boot up my pc i get this screen that displays right before my bios screen. Any idea what is causing it or how to get rid of it. It doesnt seem to affect my pc in any other way and everything loads fine. Just cant figure out what or why this screen is here....
  9. Message appears on screen

Message appears on screen: Windows\System 32\LogilDA.dll. What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-appears-on-screen/e4c665f6-abb7-4ef7-80ea-59a613edb419
  10. Upon regular update an unusual message appeared....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upon regular update an unusual message appeared....: upon regular Windows Updating I noticed a message in red which reads "some settings are managed by your organisation"....I have no idea what this means....I have no organisation....? any ideas...