Windows 10: How to stop lock screen images from changing?

Discus and support How to stop lock screen images from changing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New to 10 and lots to learn! Lock Screen Images - I don't like 'em and how to stop them from being changed? Lock screen, there's a screen with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rkclark, Mar 26, 2018.

1. rkclark Win User

How to stop lock screen images from changing?

New to 10 and lots to learn!

Lock Screen Images - I don't like 'em and how to stop them from being changed?

Lock screen, there's a screen with an image where I click on an icon in the lower right hand corner of my monitor screen and that takes me to the next screen where I enter a PIN, then on to Windows 10.

When my computer first boots into Windows 10 that image gets changed periodically and I did not change it and those images are not what I want to see ever! Where is the setting for that particular screen so that I might change the setting to not add images I do not choose?

I was able to find where I can change to the images I want but after a few boot-ups it's back to the ugly images.

Also, if it's possible I would just like to get rid of the lock screen altogether because no one else would ever use this computer! Can that be done?

System SpecsComputer type: PC/DesktopSystem Manufacturer/Model Number: Dell Inspiron 3668OS: Windows 10 Home (64bit) EnglishCPU: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)Motherboard: Dell (?)Memory: 12GB DDR4 at 2400MHzGraphics Card(s): Intel HD Graphics 630 with shared graphics memory

Need someone's help, pleez! *Wink

:)

rkclark, Mar 26, 2018

2. Delete images in Windows 10 Lock Screen

I added an image from my other images on the computer, then decided I didn't want to see it on the lock screen.

I found from the previous posts how to stop it appearing in the 5 on the lock screen settings (thank you) but not now to get permission to delete it from C:\Windows\Web\Screen.

essential_shopper, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Win 10 1607 lock screen

I pressed keys windows + L. It disabled screen lock but not stop the lock screen on startup..

How to disable the lock screen on startups ?

Jatinder Kalsi, Mar 26, 2018
  4. How to stop lock screen images from changing?

Right click on your Desktop and choose personalize then choose Lock Screen then browse and find a Picture that you like and click on it. That will then become your lock screen. If you want to use the same screen as your sign in use option 2 in the Tutorial below.

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Good luck

Josey Wales, Mar 27, 2018
  5. rkclark Win User
    Okay, got it! Thanks!!

rkclark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to stop lock screen images from changing?

1. How to stop lock screen images from changing? - Similar Threads - stop lock screen

2. How to change lock screen image with command line or registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change lock screen image with command line or registry?: I want to force the same lock screen image on every user. I selected the image I want with group policy Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization > Force a specific default lock screen and logon imageWhen that...
  3. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  4. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  5. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't change the screen lock image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the screen lock image: Hi. I wanted to change the lock screen images from the windows spotlight into a personalized images presentation.I tried to set the presentation settings and a folder that has in it various images but, when I lock the screen or after I start up the pc after I suspend it, it...
  7. Can't change the screen lock image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change the screen lock image: Hi. I wanted to change the lock screen images from the windows spotlight into a personalized images presentation.I tried to set the presentation settings and a folder that has in it various images but, when I lock the screen or after I start up the pc after I suspend it, it...
  8. Changing the Default Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Default Lock Screen Image: I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the normal default: [img] Supposedly you can do that by changing a registry setting:...
  9. Changing My Lock Screen Image

Changing My Lock Screen Image: Hello everyone! I'm trying to change my lock screen wallpaper but the image I want won't appear as an option. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-lock-screen-image/d5d7d8ab-c3a0-4942-b28f-d19f5f28f5dd
  10. Can't Change Lock Screen Image

Can't Change Lock Screen Image: I am trying to change the image on my Lock Screen but when I click on a replacement image the spinner just keeps going round and nothing happens. All was working well the last time I changed the image but that was weeks ago. Any thoughts please? I have also discovered that I...