Windows 10: How to stop the pin prompt?

Discus and support How to stop the pin prompt? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm sick and tired of the stupid pin entry. I keep dismissing it and it keeps popping up. This crap is annoying and honestly pissing me off. At this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kriscent, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Kriscent Win User

How to stop the pin prompt?

I'm sick and tired of the stupid pin entry. I keep dismissing it and it keeps popping up. This crap is annoying and honestly pissing me off. At this point, if they don't get rid of it or offer a way to stop the prompting/ asking completely I'm switching over to apple. I need a new computer soon anyway. Anyone know how to stop this from coming up every freaking 30 seconds? Otherwise, I'm switching my business over to apple.

:)

Kriscent, Oct 27, 2018

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 27, 2018
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. How to stop the pin prompt? - Similar Threads - stop pin prompt

2. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  3. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  4. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to stop getting the sign in prompt "Your organizations requires you to change your pin"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop getting the sign in prompt "Your organizations requires you to change your pin"...: Hello,I'm using windows 11 and every couple of weeks i am not sure exactly how long I get a prompt when signing into my laptop saying "Your organizations requires you to change your pin" I had my school account signed into my laptop as well as my personal. I removed the...
  6. How to stop getting the sign in prompt "Your organizations requires you to change your pin"...

How to stop getting the sign in prompt "Your organizations requires you to change your pin"...: Hello,I'm using windows 11 and every couple of weeks i am not sure exactly how long I get a prompt when signing into my laptop saying "Your organizations requires you to change your pin" I had my school account signed into my laptop as well as my personal. I removed the...
  7. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt: I'm trying to sign into Office. Email and Password are correct but then I get 'Use Windows Hello with your account', and prompted to insert a PIN. I don't have a PIN as I have never used Windows Hello and I don't want to set it up. I can't get past this loop. 'Cancel' takes...
  8. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt: I'm trying to sign into Office. Email and Password are correct but then I get 'Use Windows Hello with your account', and prompted to insert a PIN. I don't have a PIN as I have never used Windows Hello and I don't want to set it up. I can't get past this loop. 'Cancel' takes...
  9. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. How to remove annoying pin prompt without actually using a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove annoying pin prompt without actually using a pin: Every time I sign into my PC it asks me to set up a pin and this is what it says "want to sign in faster and more securely? Enter your password to set up Windows Hello." I would not like to use a pin, how can I not use a pin and stop getting this annoying pop up? Also, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop pin prompt