Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 Edge as default forcing?

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 Edge as default forcing? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used AdwCleaner and really found nothing. Then I forced 4 times: open apps settings > set Maxthon as default After reboot I performed it last time... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MIRKOSOFT, Apr 5, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

How to stop Windows 10 Edge as default forcing?

I used AdwCleaner and really found nothing.
    Then I forced 4 times: open apps settings > set Maxthon as default
    After reboot I performed it last time and don't know how - Maxthon is without that message!

I look at link you posted, and thank you all.
    Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 5, 2018
  2. MIRKOSOFT Win User

Hi!

I'm using Maxthon as default webbrowser, but Windows 10 always at Maxthon start forces change to Edge.
    I selected in Default Apps Maxthon and it is there correctly but after Maxthon start it displays message that Edge was restored - true it is not, but I want to remove this Edge force.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you for all.
    Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 30, 2018
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 from resetting file type defaults to Edge?

How do I stop Windows 10 from resetting file type defaults to Edge when a perfectly suitable default app. is already present (e.g., ePub files with Calibre as the default app.)?? Can the useless Edge be disabled???

webistrator, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Bore07tm Win User

Default Apps does not work

So that deals with PDF issue, but you've totally ignored the default browser issue, which is more important.

How do I stop Windows 10 defaulting to Edge (which I would love to get rid of completely).

Please advise.

Bore07tm, Apr 30, 2018
  5. torre Win User
    Have you done the following ?

Go to Settings - Apps - Default Apps

Scroll down to Web Browser. Is Maxthon or Edge listed as Default ? If Edge is listed, click and scroll down to Maxthon and click to set as Default.

torre, Apr 30, 2018
  6. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    I did it and there's Maxthon,
    But at opening Maxthon is always message that default Edge was restored.
    When I look at settings - there's not Edge, there's Maxthon.
    It looks like fake message, but how to remove it - disable to display?

Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 30, 2018
  7. torre Win User
    torre, Apr 30, 2018
  8. MIRKOSOFT Win User

It's not message of Maxthon browser!
    It's Windows message.

Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 30, 2018
  9. torre Win User
    Post a screen shot of the message if you can and give info on my previous post. Still a good idea to run AdwCleaner.

Under settings in Maxthon, is there an option to Set as Default ?

torre, Apr 30, 2018
  10. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    So, here's screenshot:

How to stop Windows 10 Edge as default forcing? [​IMG]

Yes, you can't understand - it's in Slovak language.
    Option as default there is and is checked no matter if message appears.

Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 30, 2018
  11. torre Win User
    Please review posts 4 and 6 and give us info. Thanks !

torre, Apr 30, 2018
  12. Callender Win User
    Try GetUserFTA / SetUserFTA as per this post. (Do not bother with the attachment as it's for Firefox)

Some firefox problems - Page 22 - Windows 10 Forums

Save an HTML file to your desktop. Right click it and choose "Open With" > "choose another app"

Tick "Always open this app to open.html files" > Look for another app and browse to Maxthon executable and select it.

Then use GetUserFTA to get the ProgID and copy it into the config file and place the file in the SetUserFTA directory and associate like this:

Code: .htm, FirefoxHTML-308046B0AF4A39CB.html http, FirefoxURL-308046B0AF4A39CBhttps http, FirefoxURL-308046B0AF4A39CB https, FirefoxURL-308046B0AF4A39CB[/quote]
    Replace Firefox ProgID with Maxthon. I don't have Maxthon myself so can't give you the ProgID.

Then run SetUserFTA.exe configfile

Also see:

Turn On or Off Make Microsoft Edge Default Browser Prompt Windows 10 Tutorials

Callender, May 1, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows 10 Edge as default forcing? - Similar Threads - stop Edge default

2. Windows 10 Edge user default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Edge user default: Windows 10 Pro in workgroup 21H2When log in using Azure connected to office domain, the Edge opens up with wrong user. We have an outlook.com account and use that for Edge and all its favorites etcHow can we set the outlook.com user to be the default login for edge...
  3. Windows 10 Edge user default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Edge user default: Windows 10 Pro in workgroup 21H2When log in using Azure connected to office domain, the Edge opens up with wrong user. We have an outlook.com account and use that for Edge and all its favorites etcHow can we set the outlook.com user to be the default login for edge...
  4. Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...: It is really OLD that you change MY PREFERENCES every single time you update something!!!!!! If I wanted to use your garbage product EDGE which consistently does not function properly with a multitude of things I interact with on a daily basis just to waste more of my time I...
  5. Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...: It is really OLD that you change MY PREFERENCES every single time you update something!!!!!! If I wanted to use your garbage product EDGE which consistently does not function properly with a multitude of things I interact with on a daily basis just to waste more of my time I...
  6. Stop forcing your garbage EDGE product as the default every time you change something on...

7. How do I force window 10 to stop reverting to the Windows Default sounds? See pic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I force window 10 to stop reverting to the Windows Default sounds? See pic: [ATTACH] I'm unsure when it keeps flipipng back to windows default sounds. Maybe when I restart or change to high contrast mode? https://preview.redd.it/fdi467p42dp51.png?width=766&format=png&auto=webp&s=157db4e01d85ef5c0a7ab921372a9b397615c30d But how do I stop it...
  8. How to stop forced updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop forced updates: How do I stop microsoft from forcing updates unto my pc because I had 212 gb of storage and now I have only less than 50 gb left. I want to sue them severely for forcing their stupid updates on me because it's piss in me of. If they don't stop I will find someway to sue...
  9. How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?: The question is in the title. My computer wants to restart itself several times a week at totally random occasions and in the middle of presentations and movies etc. Totally annoying. Why do we need updates every day? The downloads also slow the computer down. I know it is...
  10. How to stop windows from forcing windows bootmgr as the default EFI option?

How to stop windows from forcing windows bootmgr as the default EFI option?: I hate windows but I have to use it at times because of some software. So I built a hackintosh to dual boot my computer using CloverEFI since two or three years ago and macOS offers much superior support for hi-res displays. Every time I boot into windows, this goddamned OS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SetUserFTA.exe download