Windows 10: how to sync user accounts on same computer

Discus and support how to sync user accounts on same computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I the registered administrator want to sync the administrator account with another user on the same computer. Thanks... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GaryBodenbender1, May 17, 2020.

1. how to sync user accounts on same computer

I the registered administrator want to sync the administrator account with another user on the same computer.

Thanks

:)

GaryBodenbender1, May 17, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 17, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

how to sync user accounts on same computer

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, May 17, 2020
Thema:

how to sync user accounts on same computer

1. how to sync user accounts on same computer - Similar Threads - sync user accounts

2. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  3. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  4. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to have Office 365 Family OneCloud sync across computers with same account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have Office 365 Family OneCloud sync across computers with same account?: How to sync non-Office files created in a computer to another computer with same Microsoft Office 365 Family account? PS C:\Users\Sunny_4bfdt0i> [environment]::OSVersion.Version Major Minor Build Revision ----- ----- ----- -------- 10 0 19044 0PS C:\Users\Sunny_4bfdt0i>...
  6. How to have Office 365 Family OneCloud sync across computers with same account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have Office 365 Family OneCloud sync across computers with same account?: How to sync non-Office files created in a computer to another computer with same Microsoft Office 365 Family account? PS C:\Users\Sunny_4bfdt0i> [environment]::OSVersion.Version Major Minor Build Revision ----- ----- ----- -------- 10 0 19044 0PS C:\Users\Sunny_4bfdt0i>...
  7. How to have Office 365 Family OneCloud sync across computers with same account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  9. Clone user accounts on the same computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clone user accounts on the same computer: Good day everyone, is there a way to clone an user account to a new one on the same computer? I previously posted I have problems with icons but no one was able to give me an answer on how to fix it...
  10. How to switch email accounts for the same user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to switch email accounts for the same user?: My windows (hotmail) account was recently hacked, and is irretrievable. I have created a new windows account, but my windows 10 user is associated with that old account that I no longer have access to. How do I change the email of this account? 35153