Windows 10: How to tell what's holding up my Windows 10 download and update

Discus and support How to tell what's holding up my Windows 10 download and update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have genuine Windows 8.1 on my Dell laptop. I have yet to get the Windows 10 auto download so I suspect something is wrong. How can I find out what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dsmith888, Aug 31, 2015.

1. dsmith888 Win User

How to tell what's holding up my Windows 10 download and update

I have genuine Windows 8.1 on my Dell laptop. I have yet to get the Windows 10 auto download so I suspect something is wrong. How can I find out what might be amiss?

:)

dsmith888, Aug 31, 2015
  2. S Coburn Win User

When will WIndows 10 Update be ready for Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378?

Still waiting for notice of availability for Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378. Can anyone tell me what is holding up clearance for the Windows 10 Update. Currently running Windows 8.1.

S Coburn, Aug 31, 2015
  3. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Aug 31, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Is your laptop activated and do you have this KB2976978 update install ? You can also view website below which gives you what you want

Cans How to Enable It.

sn00ker, Aug 31, 2015
  5. dsmith888 Win User
    Thanks the link and KB info worked for me and now I am upgraded.

dsmith888, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to tell what's holding up my Windows 10 download and update - Similar Threads - tell what's holding

2. How to disable Safeguard Hold for Feature Updates on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Safeguard Hold for Feature Updates on Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Safeguard Hold – also known as a compatibility hold or update block – is […] This article How to disable Safeguard Hold for Feature Updates on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Tell Windows to give up on Feature updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tell Windows to give up on Feature updates: The "season" has arrived again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-squeeze-major-windows-updates-into/e89f9319-5068-40c5-a7f9-301194449c79 Two years ago, after much contortion, I was somehow able to clear out just enough disk space on my mother's...
  4. How can I tell if my windows 10 is up to date?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I tell if my windows 10 is up to date?: How can I tell if my windows 10 is up to date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates/044b828d-7309-456e-a3cd-3eab2f0eb745
  5. how to tell what devices are on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to tell what devices are on my network: how to tell devices on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-what-devices-are-on-my-network/5c8ebd94-5bd6-4675-a08b-8b48ece5e79e
  6. Windows 10 Update - Safeguard Hold

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update - Safeguard Hold: I have several Windows 10 PCs that have recently been upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903. I also have several Windows 10 PCs that are not able to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1903. If you go to one of these Windows 10 version 1809 PCs and then go to Settings, Update &...
  7. Chrome Download hold up by Antimalware Service Executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Download hold up by Antimalware Service Executable: I found that whenever I finishing download tar.gz or tar.xz files (100-200MB), CPU usage of Antimalware Service Executable will go up to 100% and all other downloads will be hold up for a long time. I guess it's trying to extract and scan all files inside. I tried to...
  8. Win10 download includes which recent updates? How to tell.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 download includes which recent updates? How to tell.: How can I find out how up to date a Win10 image downloaded using the MediaCreationTool is before downloading it- whether it includes the update KB3200970 (Nov8) for instance? I would like to avoid downloading a new image if it doesn't include the latest cumulative update...
  9. How to tell what type of display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to tell what type of display: Under all the old Windows programs you used to be able to go to display settings and be able to tell which type of monitor and display was which example a Samsung monitor or a Sony TV monitor it used to tell you in the detect portion, you could tell exactly which was...
  10. How to tell what's running on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to tell what's running on network: I'm running Win 10 Pro 64bit AE and I've noticed that something has been down/up loading over my network at 64KB/sec for the last several hours. However, none of my programs that I would associate with the network - browsers, Steam, Origin, etc - were running. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats holding up my windows 10 may update