Windows 10: How to turn off "news" notifications?

Discus and support How to turn off "news" notifications? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, Is there a way to turn off the notifications that pop up in my right lower corner of the screen or even better to choose what type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traijan, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

How to turn off "news" notifications?

Hey,

Is there a way to turn off the notifications that pop up in my right lower corner of the screen or even better to choose what type of notifications show up there?

Last night I noticed some sort of News headline about the gunfire in Ferguson Missouri but I don't have any news programs on my computer (unless W10 installed something) and I don't really want to see popups that mean nothing to me.

So, I wouldn't mind getting notifications for things like LOCAL severe weather alerts but I don't really want to be getting News headlines from areas that I'm not even located in.

Thanks

:)

Traijan, Aug 9, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 9, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. How to turn off "news" notifications? - Similar Threads - turn off news

2. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  3. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to turn off OneDrive notification?

How to turn off OneDrive notification?: Does anybody know where to turn off the OneDrive notification? I can't find it anywhere on the settings. It keeps getting annoying everytime it shows up....
  6. How to turn off News icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off News icon: I was sitting next to a friend as she was using my Surface Pro 6. Just as she was moving the mouse near the taskbar she sneezed and clicked the mouse. A yellow round icon appeared on the taskbar. If I click on it, it appears to be some sort news feed. How do I turn it off and...
  7. How to turn off taskbar notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off taskbar notifications?: Currently my taskbar is in the mode where it is invisible unless I move my mouse to bring it up from the bottom of my screen. As such, whenever something happens in a game or app that windows thinks is of note it makes my taskbar appear and makes the app flash orange to get...
  8. How to turn off the notifications for the News app windows 10

How to turn off the notifications for the News app windows 10: How to turn off the notifications for the News app windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-the-notifications-for-the-news-app/efbe92f9-d4fa-4b45-af49-429a8c7d8bb4
  9. How to turn off notification sound ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off notification sound ?: How to turn off notification "audio" sound heard when update pop up window appears lower right screen as defender is updated done a scan it gives this piano type music I would like to disable. Anyone disabled this and how to do it ? Thanks! 79957
  10. how to turn off random news storys

in Windows 10 Support
    how to turn off random news storys: Hi all Iv just picked up a HP pavilion x2 and with in 5min, windows 10 is annoying the hell out me. I keep getting random news storys coming through the speakers every 5min. it keeps telling me now that 50 cent has robbed$250,000 of jew (then cuts off mid word) so i dont...