Windows 10: How to unmount drive?

Discus and support How to unmount drive? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I mounted Anniversary Update.iso and successfully upgraded Win10. I further updated from 393.0 to 393.10. In both instances afterwards, the empty drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by pyramid10, Aug 3, 2016.

1. pyramid10 Win User

How to unmount drive?

I mounted Anniversary Update.iso and successfully upgraded Win10. I further updated from 393.0 to 393.10. In both instances afterwards, the empty drive remained.

How do I unmount it? Context menu offered no option.

Disk Management doesn't list it at the top panel. While it shows in the bottom panel, there are no options to get rid of it.

:)

pyramid10, Aug 3, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Restoring files from system image

A .vhdx extension means the image was originally created by Microsoft's Hyper-V image utility. The 'x' means it's a second generation image, but that's irrelevent here.

The procedure has three parts:

• mount the image
    • copy the files you want to copy
    • unmount the image.

You should sign in to an account with Administrator permissions to do this.

Follow these directions: Disk Management -
    How to Mount and Unmount VHD Images

BulldogXX, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Stop code unmountable boot volume

I got a stop code unmountable boot volume. How do i fix this

ShawnDe Shazo, Aug 3, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

How to unmount drive?

Do you see eject on the right click context menu?

How to unmount drive? [​IMG]

derekimo, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 3, 2016
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    The .iso was gone after the upgrade. So the drive is empty. It is treated as a USB removable media drive without any media.

Context Menu/Eject did nothing. The Taskbar 'shuddered'. But the mounted drive remained, empty.

Edit: Should I remount the .iso and then Eject? Or would that create a new mounted drive?

Edit2: Disk Management does not offer an Eject option. It is greyed out.

pyramid10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to unmount drive?

1. How to unmount drive? - Similar Threads - unmount drive

2. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  3. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  4. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

6. unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen

unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen: About a month ago I've bought a brand new 2in1 with windows 11 pro 21h2 preinstalled. Today windows update prompt me to install v23h2 and I accepted. The installation frozen on restart at 73%. I shut it down and on restart it reversed the changes and booted again with v21h2....
  7. unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen: About a month ago I've bought a brand new 2in1 with windows 11 pro 21h2 preinstalled. Today windows update prompt me to install v23h2 and I accepted. The installation frozen on restart at 73%. I shut it down and on restart it reversed the changes and booted again with v21h2....
  8. [SOLVED] D drive unmountable after file type change in fdisk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] D drive unmountable after file type change in fdisk.: Hello! So, when I was installing ArchLinux via the live environment, I needed to shrink my D drive partition to make sure I have enough space. I shrinked it by ~10 GiB less than what it has free by deleting the partition and then remaking it smaller. When I was doing that I...
  9. D drive unmountable after file type change in fdisk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive unmountable after file type change in fdisk.: Hello! So, when I was installing ArchLinux via the live environment, I needed to shrink my D drive partition to make sure I have enough space. I shrinked it by ~10 GiB less than what it has free by deleting the partition and then remaking it smaller. When I was doing that I...
  10. Drive unmounting itself - A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive unmounting itself - A device which does not exist was specified: Having some issues with a drive. I think it keeps unmounting itself which in turn means I can't access any files on it. It shows up in disk management sometimes and sometimes doesn't. I can see some the folders on explorer but if I select any of them I get the message 'A...