Windows 10: Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10

Discus and support Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10 How to Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG Files in Windows 10 [img] Information An ISO or IMG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by nissimezra, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10

How to: Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10

How to Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG Files in Windows 10

Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information An ISO or IMG file, also called a disc image, is a single file that’s a copy of an entire data CD or DVD.

When you mount an .ISO or .IMG file, it will be added as a CD/DVD drive in This PC.

This tutorial will show you how to natively mount or unmount ISO and IMG image files in Windows 10.

Note .ISO and . IMG files cannot be mounted from removable media that isn't formatted with ReFS file system.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Mounted ISO file in This PC

OPTION ONE [/i] Directly Mount ISO or IMG file
    1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. Double click/tap on the .ISO or .IMG file.

3. Right click or press and hold on the .ISO or .IMG file, and click/tap on Mount. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Mount ISO or IMG file in PowerShell

Note For more about the Mount-DiskImage command, see: Microsoft TechNet: Mount-DiskImage

1. Open Windows PowerShell.

2. In PowerShell, type the command below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath "Full path of ISO or IMG file"

Note Substitute Full path of ISO or IMG file in the command above with the actual full path of the .ISO or .IMG file you wanted to mount.

For example:

Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath "C:\User\Russell\Desktop\9879.ENTERPRISE_X64.ISO"

3. When finished, you can close PowerShell if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Unmount ISO or IMG file using Eject
    1. Open This PC in File Explorer.

2. Right click or press and hold on the DVD drive letter (ex: E: ) for the mounted .ISO or .IMG file, and click/tap on Eject. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

nissimezra, Sep 7, 2015

2. Trying to get ISO mounted on Windows 10.

how to mount ISO Windows 10 - Recherche Google

The most options spelled out in the best detail (IMO) are found here:

Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10

Your file association isn't exactly the wrong path...

1) Right-click the .ISO file and select Properties from the menu.

2) Under Opens with... select Change to modify the file association.

3) Select Windows Explorer

Restart after changing, for good measure.

Shenan Stanley, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Unable to delete an iso file after forcibly deleting the mounted file using powershell

I tried to use ISO viewer but it is unable to show me the files.The mounted drive was removed using Powershell but after i wanted to remove the original non-mounted Iso file, then problems are coming.

RohanRoy.13, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Sep 7, 2015
  5. I've only been a member since yesterday, so I'm not sure whether posting here is the right way to mention this issue, but here goes. As I said in another thread, this morning I successfully repaired my Windows 10 image, but I had a minor issue with this tutorial. Step 2 under Option 1 says, "Double click/tap on the .ISO or .IMG file." It's possible that on other installations that's all the explanation needed, but on my laptop double clicking an ISO file causes the file to open inside a CyberLink window. Since that was the first time I had ever seen a CyberLink window, it took me a few minutes to figure out what to do. (All I had to do was hover the pointer over each button until text appeared and click the one which said "Mount....") In the unlikely event that someone who has even more trouble grasping modern software than I do is reading these tutorials, I thought that a little clarification might be appropriate.

gregyurkon, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Greg, *Smile

It sounds like you have ISO files associated with CyberLink instead of the usual default built-in handler in Windows.

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file for the listed iso option in the tutorial below to restore the default association for ISO files.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 2, 2015
  7. Thanks. I'll look into that. Right, now it doesn't seem like a big issue, but you never know....

gregyurkon, Nov 2, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Anytime. Please let us know how it went if you do. *Smile

Brink, Nov 3, 2015
  9. I'll do that. I just have one more question. Until I got your message I had forgotten to unmount the ISO. Is there any harm in leaving it mounted for an extended period? (At least I had the foresight to copy it to the extra HD partition which Lenovo provided.)

gregyurkon, Nov 3, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It won't cause any harm. Restarting the computer will also unmount it.

Brink, Nov 3, 2015
  11. Hi, Shawn. I just remembered that you asked me to mention how restoring the default file associations for ISO files went. Nothing bad happened and ISO file are no longer associated with CyberLink, so, I guess it went fine.

gregyurkon, Nov 20, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's great news Greg. *Party

Brink, Nov 20, 2015
  13. dogpark Win User

Thanks for asking that question gregyurkon :0)
    My ISO files were not associated with the default built-in handler either.
    *Smile

dogpark, Feb 6, 2016
  14. Krawk Win User
    Has this been changed on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition?
    I have no "mount" option available when I right click an ISO.
    When I enter Power Shell Administrator Mode and enter the command like I am supposed to, I do not get an acknowledgement or error message. It just accepts the command and then nothing, no virtual cd drive.

Krawk, Nov 16, 2016
  15. Bree New Member
    No, I still see the Mount option (Home x64, version 1607, OS build 14393.447). Try resetting the default association for ISO files as @Brink shows in post #4 here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...tml#post450706

Thema:

1. Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mount Unmount ISO

2. How to convert IMG file to ISO in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to convert IMG file to ISO in Windows 10: We all know how tricky it can be when we have to deal with a huge number of files in our day-to-day life. We come across a variety of files with different types of file extensions which means every file extension is different from another and serves a specific purpose. IMG is...
  3. These iso file arent unmounting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    These iso file arent unmounting.: https://youtu.be/nzP1SP8GO2E is the video might be stuck in processing, dont know how to fix that because thats on youtubes side https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-iso-file-arent-unmounting/2ab2510e-0b40-4c26-bcbd-96259535634a
  4. Explorer will not mount IMG file or extract from ZIP file

Explorer will not mount IMG file or extract from ZIP file: Hi When I try to mount a .IMG file there is no option in the context menu. It was file-associated with ImgBurn so I tried to re-associate it but File Explorer/Windows Explorer was not offered as an app that I could associate it to. Similar with .zip file, only this was...
  5. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  6. Windows 10 Mount Iso

Windows 10 Mount Iso: I cannot mount ISO files in Windows 10 anymore. I used to right click on it and click Mount. I've read online that the fix for this is to right click on the file, click Open With and select Windows Explorer. However, that is not an option. The only option I have is Windows...
  7. Cant mount ISO files on Windows 10

Cant mount ISO files on Windows 10: Sorry for my bad english [img] hope you understand I recently mount a ISO file on my computer, it work, then i unmount that ISO and a some hours later i needed that ISO again, so I tried to mount and its not working. Im using daemont tools ultra and i can mount a ISO...
  8. .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10

.ISO file is not mounting in windows 10: I downloaded a game file which happened to be .ISO file and i could not mount it and because of that i can't install it in my computer. i thought it was a corrupted file i downloaded but i tried mounting another game which i had installed already but could not mount it either...
  9. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...
  10. Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10: How to: Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10 How to Mount or Unmount VHD and VHDX File in Windows 10 VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file format which represents a virtual hard disk drive (HDD). It may contain what is found on a physical HDD, such as disk...