Windows 10: How to update Defender's anti-virus definition for all users?

Discus and support How to update Defender's anti-virus definition for all users? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Referring to following link, I would like to know on when I run this scriptunder user account, would defender's update be applied to all users within... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oemSoft, Feb 11, 2020.

1. oemSoft Win User

How to update Defender's anti-virus definition for all users?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on when I run this scriptunder user account, would defender's update be applied to all users within this PC as well? or do I need to runscript on each individual user including administrator?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Script : Update-MpSignature

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/defender/update-mpsignature?view=win10-ps

:)

oemSoft, Feb 11, 2020
  2. RajGai Win User

windows defender virus and spyware definitions update failed

windows 10 Pro version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1066)

No 3rd party anti-virus installed

Definitions are not updating since 25-Apr-17 19:36

Virus definition version 1.241.394.0

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.241.737.0) - Error 0x80070643

RajGai, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.217.1220.0) - Error 0x80246002

Yes.

This helped other users with the same issue:

Uninstall your Anti-Virus program with the help of its specific Removal tool from these lists:

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software

Reboot.

Then disable Windows Defender completely (select either option 1 or option 2, depending on your Windows edition), see:

Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

And then reinstall your Anti-Virus program.

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

on updating Defender Anti-Virus

@ alberto i. guimba

Restart the computer – sometimes that will clear the error.

What virus definitions are installed in WD?

When did WD last install updates?

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/definitions/whatsnew.aspx

This may be a transient error involving the update servers – unless the issue continues for at least another 24 hrs I don’t think I’d be overly concerned as long as WD is working okay. You might test WD by downloading the Eicar
    Test File:EICAR Test Virus

Any other security program installed?

The behavior you are describing may occasionally occur if another antivirus program is installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    Baidu, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer (to include a trial copy of McAfee or Norton that may have been on the computer when it was new) followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Or

If that doesn’t help, wait a few hours and try again….remember WD normally will autoupdate every 24 hrs as needed.

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads!

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antimalware program (which should disable Windows Defender) and you’ll no longer be concerned with the various issues that intermittently affect Windows Defender on Win 10.

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Is Windows Defender The Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

1. How to update Defender's anti-virus definition for all users? - Similar Threads - update Defender's anti

2. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender Anti-Virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  6. Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus

Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus: I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It seems like there is a conflict with it. It turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus. Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus Program...What Went Wrong?...
  7. How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?: For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically? Does anyone have any suggestions?...
  8. How to setup Windows Defender update periods for anti-virus?

How to setup Windows Defender update periods for anti-virus?: I would like to know on how How to setup Windows Defender update periods for anti-virus. Such as checking update for every 10 minutes Furthermore, do windows defender provide protection for web browser? such as Firefox, Chrome, IE Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks...
  9. How to update the virus definition for the Defender?

How to update the virus definition for the Defender?: I am receiving the Win 10 alarm sounded while surfing the internet, saying my PC has virus, and led me to the process for virus update. I am wonder it was a fake message, I would appreciate someone can show me how to get the virus update by down load the virus definition...
  10. Can't update Defender virus definitions

Can't update Defender virus definitions: I keep getting the following error if I try to update the virus definitions in Microsoft Security Essentials "The virus and spyware definitions didn't update (Date and Time) because of an internet or network connectivity problem. If I try to update through windows update I...