Windows 10: How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel?

Discus and support How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the Creator update, the control panel is gone. So now I don't know how to add a specific colorprofile for my monitor anymore. It is a .icc file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burgurne, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Burgurne Win User

How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel?

After the Creator update, the control panel is gone. So now I don't know how to add a specific colorprofile for my monitor anymore. It is a .icc file.
    In control panel I found it in "Screen resolution" -> "color management" -> select profile. But where is this setting in the new "Settings" area? *Redface

:)

Burgurne, Apr 28, 2017

2. Win10 Explorer D theme non- High Contrast

At present there is no way to make Explorer dark without the high-contrast (sometimes called "accessibility themes"), unless you are willing to use a 3rd party program like WindowBlinds by StarDock (they are a MS partner company).

Custom colors are still supported, but there's no direct "click method" to reach the options. Instead, put this in your "Run" box: control color

Then when you click OK, you'll see the Windows 7 style color choices, complete with the custom mixer you know and love.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 28, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Display

That is unexpected. I was hoping for a red-orange tint, which would indicate a "night light" 3rd party type application. On speculation, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and look through the list of installed programs for "F.Lux". If you find
    it, uninstall it. I'm assuming you won't, but it is worth a quick look.

Failing that, maybe your color settings have been "improved" by an update. Take a look for your color profile.

2018 01 20- WINDOWS 10 MONITOR NOT CRISP - PROFILE

I had a windows 10 update on 19 January 2018. The update took some time, so I guess it was a major update. When my computer restarted, both monitors did not display anything with the crispness they had before the update. I updated drivers for the monitors along
    with the graphics card. The monitors still look the way they looked after the update. Any ideas?

. * Control Panel (icon view) > Color Management

. * click Profiles button

. * select Reset to reset my settings to the system defaults.

The text and displays are now clear and crisp again.

If that doesn't work, try resetting your color settings: Color Calibration

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-calibrate-yo...

Rohn007, Apr 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 29, 2017
  5. Burgurne Win User
    Ohh, okay. I thought it was gone for good, when it disappered from the right-click menu on the START-orb.

Thank you for the lesson How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel? :)

Btw: Step 2 in your guide don't work anymore. It is now "Settings" instead of "Control Panel". Is there a trick to get "Control-panel" back in this right-click menu?

Burgurne, Apr 29, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    There sure is. The link in the blue note box under step 2 will show you how to add Control Panel back to the Win+X menu.

Brink, Apr 29, 2017
  7. Burgurne Win User
    Blurb, I need to read before asking *Redface

Again, thank you so much for the help *Smile

Burgurne, Apr 29, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel? - Similar Threads - 3rd party color

2. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?: How can I connect my tablet to our computer network? We have a network of computers connected to each other, and I would like the ability to add a tablet to the network. That way we can access/view/map files from the network onto the tablet. I would like to be able to walk...
  3. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?: How can I connect my tablet to our computer network? We have a network of computers connected to each other, and I would like the ability to add a tablet to the network. That way we can access/view/map files from the network onto the tablet. I would like to be able to walk...
  4. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  6. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  7. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  8. Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool?: You all may remember that amazingly detailed little appearance panel that let us do things like change the size of the font in the title bar, change the thickness of window borders, change the font in context menus, change the colors of individual things like the backgrounds...
  9. Can I change folder color without 3rd party software?

Can I change folder color without 3rd party software?: Can I change folder colors without 3rd party software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-folder-color-without-3rd-party/0fbf1fa7-4dd8-48e8-8174-0c4a8aa7d0de
  10. Help with installing 3rd party icc profiles into Windows 10 Color Mgt

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with installing 3rd party icc profiles into Windows 10 Color Mgt: Windows 10, Dell U2312HM. I am having trouble placing two downloaded icc profiles into Windows Color Management. These are the profiles used by Costco in my neighborhood. I have successfully downloaded to my Download folder two icc profiles from Dry Creek (Florida digital...