Windows 10: How to use unallocated space in windows 10

Discus and support How to use unallocated space in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have two disk drives in my laptop, drive C and D. Also, I have an unallocated space and wanting to allocate it to the drive C. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rimutaka, Apr 1, 2017.

1. rimutaka Win User

How to use unallocated space in windows 10

Hi,

I have two disk drives in my laptop, drive C and D.

Also, I have an unallocated space and wanting to allocate it to the drive C.

Can I transfer an unallocated space to the drive C without third party softwares?

If yes, how do I do this?

Regards

:)

rimutaka, Apr 1, 2017
  2. nancy3243 Win User

Move unallocated space in external drive

Windows 10 OS-I have an external drive with 200 GB of unallocated space on the E Drive Disk1. How can I move this unallocated space to the E Drive to allow for a larger backup.

how to use unallocated space on my external drive- Original Title

nancy3243, Apr 1, 2017
  3. JoeSmart Win User
    Windows 10 install on clean drive created tiny partition with drive letter D

But what is the 100 Mb partition for? What is its purpose? I also tried to expand the C partition to include the unallocated space on Drive 0 using to tools built into Windows 10 and after a Windows Update it reverted the space back to being unallocated--which
    makes me think that maybe Windows is actually using the unallocated space for something. I could expand the 100 MB partition on Drive 0 like you suggest but I would like to know what Windows uses that space for.

JoeSmart, Apr 1, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can you post a screenshot from diskmanager so we can see and advise

Samuria, Apr 1, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
  6. rimutaka Win User
    Hi,

Thank for your prompt reply.

Attached is a screenshot of my disk management.

Regards

rimutaka, Apr 1, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I recommend MiniTool Partition Wizard:
    Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

You are going to have to move both the 499MB and DATA (D*Smile partitions to the right to the end of the disk. That will put the unallocated space next to (to the right) of C: drive and you can then extend C: drive into the empty space.

NavyLCDR, Apr 1, 2017
  8. rimutaka Win User

Hi,

How do I move both partitions (499 MB and D) to the end of the disk?

rimutaka, Apr 1, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    Use minitool as informed

cereberus, Apr 1, 2017
  10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    There is a little bit of a learning curve using MiniTool Partition Wizard. But it is a very intuitive graphics based user interface.
    On the menu on the left side of the screen you will see a "Move Partition" selection. Clicking this will open a window showing your disk structure and you will literally click and drag the partitions around to where you want them.

11. Berton Win User
    Also in the learning phase, based on the Disk Management image you have only 1 physical drive but it has partitions on it which is what you are working with. Two of the partitions have drive letters. Every drive needs at least 1 partition to be usable.

Berton, Apr 1, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    As others have said, MiniTool Partition Wizard can do that for you. Windows has no built in tools to move partitions. It can however extend your D: partition to use that unallocated space, if you'd prefer not to use third-party tools.

Thema:

1. How to use unallocated space in windows 10 - Similar Threads - unallocated space

2. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  3. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Support
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  4. Any idea how should I add this unallocated space to C drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea how should I add this unallocated space to C drive?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/p_sparr_o [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbbyr7/any_idea_how_should_i_add_this_unallocated_space/
  5. Unallocated space

Unallocated space: After installing Windows 10, SSD has 580GB unallocated space. How can I get this space back without loosing data on SSD? submitted by /u/zxasassa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j95oxj/unallocated_space/
  6. How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot: [ATTACH] The 300GB partition is for Ubuntu 20.04 with dual boot with windows 10. I want to combine both unallocated partitions to create a separate partition I got to know that windows disk management tool is not capable of doing it and I should use AOMEI assistant for...
  7. Recover Unallocated Disk Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Unallocated Disk Space: How can I recover 15.18GB of unallocated space shown below: [ATTACH] preferably using Disk Management or cmd but not 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-unallocated-disk-space/fab332ab-883e-4f73-8645-d70c16d8728b
  8. Drive 0 Unallocated Space Total size 0.0 Free space 0.0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive 0 Unallocated Space Total size 0.0 Free space 0.0: Hello, I have tried multiple methods to resolve this issue. I would request you experts to help me. My machine is Sony Vaio SVF15319SNB with a Intel chipset QM87 According to product description on internet. I am trying to install windows 10 64Bit using a USB...
  9. Unallocated space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  10. Can't update reserve partition. I have unallocated space on my SSD. How can I convert that...

Can't update reserve partition. I have unallocated space on my SSD. How can I convert that...: I can't seem to update Windows 10 to 2004. I have a 65 mb EFI system partition as well as my main partition and half a gig of unallocated space. How can I fix this problem? I flashed this ssd from a hardrive i replaced it with rather than doing a fresh install, but that was a...