Windows 10: How to wipe files completely from laptop?

Discus and support How to wipe files completely from laptop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have document on my computer and they are documents and also pictures/videos on my computer. Many of the documents are private documents so i just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulyjustin, Mar 3, 2018.

1. How to wipe files completely from laptop?

I have document on my computer and they are documents and also pictures/videos on my computer. Many of the documents are private documents so i just axcrypt to encrypt it. However, how do i delete all these files without any trace on computer? Do i just press delete, recycle bin and thats all? I cant imagine that would work as you could somehow always recover it right? The thing is certain documents that are axcrypt, there is an an option when you right click and it says secure delete. Can someone explain to me what this setting is with axcrypt? So if you want to want a document completely from your computer with no trace, should you axcrypt every document/video. Then you secure delete it?

Another thing i want to ask is how do you not have any of these documents shown on your recent documents etc?How

:)

paulyjustin, Mar 3, 2018
  2. shillog Win User

How to completely wipe out KIN TWO

Erase in settings? Sorry I don't find the option.

shillog, Mar 3, 2018
  3. How to completely wipe out KIN TWO

I am going to sell my phone online. I was wondering if I had to go to the store to delete everything or if I could just go to erase data in the settings menu, and that would wipe everything, including the number.

x0PrincessSmiley, Mar 3, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

How to wipe files completely from laptop?

Securely wiping files on a hard disk means writing a variety of patterns over where the file content is located - multiple passes. A hard disk, unlike a SSD, is essentially a statistical thing- in a way, almost analogue rather than digital, as each bit is made up of many many mini magnetic dipoles.

There are many programs around that can securely delete files.

You can delete your Windows recent document list.
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    You may find other programs record their recent history separately.

I don't know of a way to add exceptions to that being recorded.

dalchina, Mar 3, 2018
  5. Hi there. I basically just want to delete these files. So i can't just do that by deleting and empty recycle bin? These documents are already encrypted with axcrypt. Someone on anotehr forum suggusted privazer and I googled privazer and i read there is possible virus with it? So thats why i dont want to try it yet.

paulyjustin, Mar 3, 2018
  6. There is no virus with Privazer if you download from their own website, I've done it many times.

Digmor Crusher, Mar 4, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Mar 4, 2018
  8. How to wipe files completely from laptop?

If the files are encrypted already, technically deleting them off the hard drive using the standard Windows delete option would suffice. Even if somebody pulled them back up, they would be useless without the encryption key.

To get a secure wipe of deleted files, delete them like you normally would and use a tool like CCleaner or Revo Uninstaller to wipe the free space.

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 4, 2018
  9. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Mar 4, 2018
  10. zbook New Member
    Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

There are different options available on computer's depending on the manufacturer and model.

There are some manufactures that have a large number of government accounts. The computers have erase tools to meet the government erase requirements.

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...icesSafely.pdf
    DoD 5220.22-M Data Wipe Method [US DOD Wipe Standard]

zbook, Mar 4, 2018
  11. cereberus Win User
  12. PaulyJustin, Avast Premier has a Data Shredder if that's any help.

How to wipe files completely from laptop? [​IMG]

Neil Macready, Mar 6, 2018
  13. Borg 386 Win User

Borg 386, Mar 6, 2018
  14. Do others agree with what masterchief says here? Neil, i dont use avast anymore as i heard people say just use windows defender

paulyjustin, Mar 7, 2018
  15. torre Win User
    I agree with Masterchief's post and other posts on this thread which offer secure deletion methods.

The factor is which method offers the user confidence. Personally, I would recommend one of the methods listed in Borg's post (#11). Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) is a well-known program.

torre, Mar 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How to wipe files completely from laptop? - Similar Threads - wipe files completely

2. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  3. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  4. How to completely wipe a company computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely wipe a company computer: I left the company I was working at a year ago. While cleaning out my closet, I found the old laptop they gave me, and realized they never asked for it back. I tried wiping it through the standard shift+power, restart, troubleshoot, reset, remove all files, but when I booted...
  5. How to completely wipe a company computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to completely wipe a company computer: I left the company I was working at a year ago. While cleaning out my closet, I found the old laptop they gave me, and realized they never asked for it back. I tried wiping it through the standard shift+power, restart, troubleshoot, reset, remove all files, but when I booted...
  6. How To Wipe My Laptop Completely Clean No Name No Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Wipe My Laptop Completely Clean No Name No Nothing: I am selling this laptop and I am literally trying to wipe it clean, and make it a whole new laptop just as if it came out the box. Thank you. submitted by /u/gravedigger777 [link] [comments]...
  7. Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop: I'm planning to give this laptop away as a christmas gift here's the problem its one of those laptops in which the OS takes up more than half of the space I tired to reset it to factory setting and it says I need 4GB of space free to do it I've tried everything from running...
  8. Everything wiped from laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything wiped from laptop: hi. I just logged on to my laptop today and it told me there was a problem with my account and I'm in a temporary user. I fixed it and everything was the same. I restarted and I was logged in my account but literally everything is gone. I have a backup on an external...
  9. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

Complete reset/wipe of laptop: Hi i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second usable laptop. i have always had problems with freezing etc. I wish to do a complete and full clear and reset. my query is...
  10. Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop: Last night, there was an automatic update on my laptop. When I woke up this morning, there was a message informing me that I needed to install an operating system. Which should not be the case, because I ALREADY HAD WINDOWS 10. After that message, my computer attempted to...