Windows 10: How will i be able to install my windows 10?

Discus and support How will i be able to install my windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 months ago and now I started wondering what happens If I need to change the computer. Will my windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MitjaHD, Nov 10, 2016.

1. MitjaHD Win User

How will i be able to install my windows 10?

I've upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 months ago and now I started wondering what happens If I need to change the computer. Will my windows 7 activation code still work along with win7 DVD? If this computer 'dies' for example and I need to buy a new one how will I be able to use windows 10 that I have right now? I hope my question makes sense.

:)

MitjaHD, Nov 10, 2016

2. Will I be able to install my old windows again after windows 10 one year offer expires?

Can I uninstall Windows 10 if I do not like it or something goes wrong?

Yes, you can see the following:
    How to: Rollback to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10

Windows 10 will be free for the first year to all Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Phone 8.1 users. This means, as long you upgrade within the first 12 months (July 29th 2015 to July 29th 2016), you will not have to pay for Windows 10 at all.

How will i be able to install my windows 10? [​IMG]

Wow, thats cool, but does that mean, I will have to pay for Windows 10 after the first year?

No. Its a promotion to get as many users to upgrade their existing Windows 7 PCs and Windows 8.1 devices to Windows 10.
    Once you upgrade within the first year for free, its yours forever at no additional cost. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    at no additional charge.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

I heard Microsoft representatives mention they are moving to a servicing model for Windows 10, does that mean Windows 10 is going to require a subscription?

No, Windows 10 remains a perpetual license, which means, you can upgrade to Windows 10 and use it forever without it expiring or going into any reduced functional mode.

Are you saying there will be no more versions of Windows after Windows 10?

Microsoft is moving Windows to a servicing model with Windows 10. The days of major revisions or what are called big bang releases are no more. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    – at no additional charge. With Windows 10, the experience will evolve and get even better over time. We’ll deliver new features when they’re ready, not waiting for the next major release. We think of Windows as a Service
    – in fact, one could reasonably think of Windows in the next couple of years as one of the largest Internet services on the planet.

And just like any Internet service, the idea of asking "What version are you on?" will cease to make sense
    – which is great news for our Windows developers.

Source: The next generation of Windows: Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Why is Windows 10 free, is there some catch?

No, its not a catch. We are computing in different times. Windows 10 is free so app developers can standardize on one platform and reduce the fragmented market of different versions and editions of Windows that have been an issue in the past. When everybody
    is on the same platform, it means better quality apps, a healthier ecosystem and more advances in hardware and software innovation.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 10, 2016
  3. Will I be able to install my old windows again after windows 10 one year offer expires?

* Original Title: windows 10

will I be able to install my old windows again after windows 10 one year offer expires

gbemisolaoladipo, Nov 10, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

You can do a clean install of win10 on that PC you don't need a key it's stored on ms servers if you buy a new PC you would need to buy windows

Samuria, Nov 10, 2016
  5. MitjaHD Win User
    What about new HDD? I had to replace it a few times already.

MitjaHD, Nov 10, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    New HDD won't affect it.

NavyLCDR, Nov 10, 2016
  7. MitjaHD Win User
    But will I be able to install windows 10 with my windows 7 DVD or must I make a backup (use USB as installer)?

MitjaHD, Nov 10, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How will i be able to install my windows 10? - Similar Threads - able install

2. i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store: i am not able to install the minecraft launcher and even not able to update any app it gives the error 0x800704C6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-install-or-update-any-app-using/da87c723-8b33-4849-80f1-be221e26ac02
  3. i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store: i am not able to install the minecraft launcher and even not able to update any app it gives the error 0x800704C6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-install-or-update-any-app-using/da87c723-8b33-4849-80f1-be221e26ac02
  4. i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  6. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  7. Not able to to install Windows 11, but I think all requirements are met

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to to install Windows 11, but I think all requirements are met: I'm upgrading a Windows 10 computer to Windows 11. I've already done 6 such upgrades with exactly the same hardware, so I'm confused about this one. tpm.msc says "Status: TPM is ready for use". Sytem Information says BIOS Mode UEFI. I'm using a "AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon...
  8. Not able to to install Windows 11, but I think all requirements are met

Not able to to install Windows 11, but I think all requirements are met: I'm upgrading a Windows 10 computer to Windows 11. I've already done 6 such upgrades with exactly the same hardware, so I'm confused about this one. tpm.msc says "Status: TPM is ready for use". Sytem Information says BIOS Mode UEFI. I'm using a "AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon...
  9. Not able to to install Windows 11, but I think all requirements are met

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Not able to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install windows 11: So i built this computer and was running windows 11 fine. Motherboard i had got broke. Updated motherboard tried to use the windows 11 i had with no luck. Figured the windows 11 was married to mb, so i bought store retail key and i still cant get it to load. I even reflashed...