Windows 10: HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Discus and support HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to remove the driver, it asks me if I am sure that I want to remove it? I click on "Yes" and then a box comes up saying that the driver is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineL, Dec 7, 2015.

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

When I try to remove the driver, it asks me if I am sure that I want to remove it? I click on "Yes" and then a box comes up saying that the driver is currently in use. Is there a way that I can still remove it? I am not trying to use my printer right now, so I don't know why the driver would be in use right now.

ChristineL, Jan 25, 2016
  2. snoopy51 Win User

Your printer may be set as default printer. Change your default printer to something else like Microsoft Print to PDF. Try the removal again. The key to remove any old or no longer in use printer drivers.

After this is done, try to re-install your Envy 5530 printer driver.

snoopy51, Jan 25, 2016
  3. I changed my default printer to "Microsoft Print to PDF" and restarted my computer. I tried to remove the driver for my Envy Printer, but it continues to say that the driver is in use even though it is no longer my default printer.

ChristineL, Jan 26, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

ChristineL:

Sorry, was not around yesterday.
    Several times I was able to remove them but it happened to me once just like you. It keeps telling me it is in use.
    I just re-installed the printer driver/package after removed other HP printer drivers.
    By magic, it installed fine and fully working!
    Give it a try?

snoopy51, Jan 27, 2016
  5. Is there anything I can do? Each time I try it says driver in use. I don't know how I am going to be able to remove the drivers. I have tried resetting my router and my printer. It will print once and then a few minutes later it is not working again. And now using the wireless set up wizard from my printer's IP address is not working. Yesterday I updated my router's firmware in hopes that would solve the problem, but it didn't. Each time I need to print a page, I need to shut down my printer and then reconnect my wireless connection to the router. What I don't understand is that I can make scans to my computer from my printer and then it won't let me print. Why can it scan, but it can't print? I don't get technology at all. It is so frustrating trying to get my printer to work properly again. HP's customer service stinks. They make it nearly impossible to contact them once your warranty is up unless if you want to call them for a $25 fee.

ChristineL, Jan 27, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    @ChristineL Ok have you tried booting into safe mode and then deleting your printer drivers?? Turn off your printer 1st, then boot into Safe Mode, remove all your printer drivers. From your programs folder AND your Device manager, then reboot back to your desktop. Here is a link to show you how to boot into Safe mode.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Jan 27, 2016
  7. T0mmy1977 Win User
    Yes - Windows 10 is very frustrating. I think all hardware will work correctly once we purchase devices designed to work with Windows 10.

T0mmy1977, Jan 27, 2016
  8. snoopy51 Win User

ChristineL:
    I forgot to tell you to also remove the device. This is done from Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> HP Envy 5530 then right click on and select Remove Device.

You may have to reboot the laptop, then run printui /s /t2. Finally rerun your printer driver/package.

Good luck!

snoopy51, Jan 27, 2016
  9. I am afraid to uninstall my printer since I had so many problems getting my printer installed when I first upgraded to Win10. I am concerned that I won't get be able to get my printer installed like last time. I can't believe how going to Win10 would cause such major problems and headaches.

In my device manager my HP Envy Printer is the only device that is dimmed out. When I click on properties for my printer in the device manager, it says this, "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I can print a test page from my printer and a configuration page, but I can't print any pages that I would like to print. I see them in my printing queue, but nothing prints.

I don't understand why it says that this hardware device in not connected to the computer. I click on my router settings and I can see my printer is connected. For some reason my computer does not want to connect to my printer.

Someone on FB told me to manually enter the MAC address for my printer, but I can't figure out where I need to manually enter a MAC address. My mind is fried from trying to understand how to fix this issue. It is really difficult for me to understand tech talk.

ChristineL, Jan 29, 2016
  10. brucepolk Win User
    I suggest you to kindly update your printer driver of HP Envy 5530 from official hp printer site. While downloading printer driver select proper printer model. Then install it. If will really help you out to solve your problem. if you are still not able to get the solution then please contact to HP Printer Technical Support Experts at 1-888-924-5460

brucepolk, Oct 21, 2016
  11. gstbill Win User
    same problem with me
    i installed printer by adding inf file
    extract the setup file using winrar
    then add inf file from device manager
    it will install the driver without any problem

gstbill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install - Similar Threads - Envy 5530 Printer

2. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  3. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  4. printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530: all the loops of HP Smart help etc say printer installed and ready but it still will not print printer driver unavailable prints ok from another computer but not from this one...
  5. HP Envy Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy Printer: My HP printer is showing preparing to enter sleep mode and wont respond. How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/ce691871-1005-45ad-940c-a9016057385e
  6. I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?: I am having troubles with my HP ENVY 5530 series Printer. It keeps reporting on it's window that I have a problem Every so often it switches off and I have to turn off and restart again. Some time later, it repeats again. Can I troubleshoot? If so, how?...
  7. Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer: My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer has been working well and yesterday it stopped printing from my computer and I cannot fix the problem. I had moved and had purchased an Epson printer but had problems with it and reinstalled my HP Envy 5530 a couple of months ago and the...
  8. HP Envy printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy printer: For some reason, suddenly I cannot print in colour from laptop, prints colour from pad but laptop, any suggestions. I have had printer for 2 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/0216a0cd-41e3-4c93-8530-d98865600657
  9. Hp Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Envy 5530 printer: Hi I had to get a new wireless router from Verizon fios. Today. Now can not get my wireless printer to connect to my windows 10 home 64bit I have tried to unplug the wireless router restart the computer but that does not work. The Blue wireless light keeps flashing. can...
  10. How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?: How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online? 29581