Windows 10: hp laptop booting up and freezing

Discus and support hp laptop booting up and freezing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my WIN 10 HP laptop boots.up slowly, then will take me to my desktop. desktop icons load but Simple Sticky Notes which I have on my desktop do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Barbs, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Barbs Win User

hp laptop booting up and freezing

my WIN 10 HP laptop boots.up slowly, then
    will take me to my desktop. desktop icons load but Simple Sticky Notes which I have on my desktop do not load. Then.everything freezes. I do have a mouse cursor which moves freely but I can not click on anything. Keyboard is unresponsive.
    What can I do?
    thank you

:)

Barbs, Dec 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 boot and shutdown failure

I have to remove and reinstall the battery on my HP laptop each time in order to boot up Windows 10. If I don't it freezes on the page with the HP logo. Also, the computer never completely shuts down. Looking for help!!

JeffGibsonJG, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Freezes Randomly

I have the same issue. Laptop is HP, less than a year old. Came with Windows 10. Periodic freezing requiring a hard boot. Frustrating.

Sammygirl14, Dec 20, 2017
  4. hp laptop booting up and freezing

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 20, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    The clean boot will be useful in finding software conflicts.
    In addition to the clean boot HP computers often have on board HP UEFI diagnostics.
    If they are not already installed you can either download and install or use a USB.
    Version 6.5 is new.
    After it is installed plan to run the testing overnight.
    It has an automatic abort for any failure.
    So an aborted test is an incomplete test.
    If the testing is still running the next day that is a good sign.
    Power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 key to boot to the HP hardware UEFI diagnostics.
    Run the loop until failure test overnight.
    The duration of testing depends mostly on the RAM and drive.
    The following day if there were two loop until failure runs click the keyboard escape key and confirm the pass in the logs.
    Report the test results into the thread.
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

zbook, Dec 20, 2017
  6. Barbs Win User
    I cannot do a cleanboot. Win and r are unresponsive. All ii can do in log in.then computer takes me to desktop and it freezes.everything unresponsive. Mouse cursor moves butbthat is all

Barbs, Dec 20, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    See if any of these methods will launch administrative command prompt:

10 Ways to Open the Command Prompt in Windows 10
    10 ways to launch the Command Prompt in Windows | Digital Citizen
    Windows 10 tip: The fastest, smartest ways to open a Command Prompt window | ZDNet

See if you can place the computer in safe mode:

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

See if this keyboard method works:
    Type:
    1) win + x (simultaneous)
    2) a
    3) alt + y (simultaneous)

4) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

5) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

zbook, Dec 20, 2017
  8. MrHudson Win User

There is a on screen key board you can try. forget how to access it.

MrHudson, Dec 23, 2017
  9. Techjourney, Dec 23, 2017
  10. MrHudson Win User
    If you don't have a warranty on it,, Do a clean install.
    I have a HP it wounded up crashing on me. My niece gave me her HP that crashed on her.. both now have clean install. On the one my niece gave me, I downloaded the HP Support Assistant, it downloaded what software there it reconized and installed them. the link zbook provided, download it and install.

MrHudson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. hp laptop booting up and freezing - Similar Threads - laptop booting freezing

2. HP laptop boot up problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop boot up problems: Hi everyone, I have an HP laptop which is broken. i was messing around with the task manager start up applications and i think i disabled windows powershellif that did anything and i. don’t think that matters. anyways, now whenever i. boot it up i keep going to a page saying...
  3. HP laptop boot up problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop boot up problems: Hi everyone, I have an HP laptop which is broken. i was messing around with the task manager start up applications and i think i disabled windows powershellif that did anything and i. don’t think that matters. anyways, now whenever i. boot it up i keep going to a page saying...
  4. HP laptop boot up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hp laptop not booting up after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp laptop not booting up after bios update: I restarted my laptop, and a BIOS update happened. So I didn't touch it and it got to 100%. Then the computer went black. When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work, when you plug the power cord in, the light doesn't even show up....
  6. Hp laptop not booting up after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp laptop not booting up after bios update: I restarted my laptop, and a BIOS update happened. So I didn't touch it and it got to 100%. Then the computer went black. When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work, when you plug the power cord in, the light doesn't even show up....
  7. MY laptop is freezing when its booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY laptop is freezing when its booting up: MY laptop is freezing when its booting up what can i do to resolve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-freezing-when-its-booting-up/1eb81f02-8091-4257-9ce1-104e4f10bedd
  8. HP laptop not booting up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop not booting up?: Hello everybody I was just trying to turn on my laptop. Unfortunately, it won't boot. The fan runs like crazy and is totally loud, but the screen stays black. When I press the off button again nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea what you can do? The laptop is still...
  9. HP laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop won't boot up: I seem to have multiple problems. I new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. I am getting the blue screen on start up but the error seems to vary. I have gotten each of these: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION SYSTEM EXCEPTION THREAD NOT HANDLED KMODE...
  10. HP laptop won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop won't boot up after restart: All I simply did was try to reinstall Power DVD 16 and now it won't boot. Can't hit any of the F keys either. No matter what I hit, as soon as I turn it on, it goes to please wait and then keyboard selection and either troubleshoot or turn off your pc. Anybody have any ideas?...