Windows 10: Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio.

Discus and support Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hellou hope anybody know exactly a answer for my problem: Following problem occour: Hyper - V & Linux Mint 19.3 [VM NO AUDIO] over Hyper V Manager!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OlafBubel, May 9, 2020.

1. OlafBubel Win User

Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio.

Hellou hope anybody know exactly a answer for my problem:​

Following problem occour: Hyper - V & Linux Mint 19.3 [VM NO AUDIO] over Hyper V Manager!​

My Host System is Win 10 Pro x64 . And Linux VM is Linux Mint 19.3. x64.​

I try a lot of sugessstion in diffrent forums for Linux and now i decided to ask my question here.

I have a Dummy audio soundcard instead of my HW built in soundcard on my linux VM and​

can't change anything here also not in Hyper V - Manager. There are only passtrough for other​

devices, but no settings to passtruth audio from VM over Hyper V as Host.​

Problem as i connect to my VM over Hyper-V-Manager the result is no audio after install Linux VM​

on Hyper V Manager:​

I think it's related to the Dummy Audio and no good function for audio passtrough in Hyper V at all.​

Can't solve this issue rightnow sad but truth. Get grey hairs haha :- Hope anybody can help out with​

my problem?​

I saw in other posts that they had also the same issues with Hyper V audiopasstrough. They suggest​

to use Virtualbox or VMWare player instead of Hyper-V-Manager that is not possible to passtrough audio​

over RDP with Linux Mint 19.3. or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS??? Or did i miss anything in the Hyper V Manager?​

I try out also Ubuntu 18.04 LTS same problem with Dummy Soundcard. But one thing i had seen not hear​

in the [Audio Settings Manager] of Linux VM that the output gives sound out in Ubuntu with dummy card.​

I believe it's a problem releated to Hyper V Manager Passtroughaudio Issue. Don't know exactly?​

https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/06/fix-no-sound-dummy-output-issue-in.html​

[moved from German forums]​

:)

OlafBubel, May 9, 2020

2. Hyper-V Manager opens Microsoft Management Console - Can't use VMs

Running an activate version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (v1709 build: 16299.309)

A few weeks ago I tried to run a VM on Hyper-V which previously worked fine. I clicked start, type Hyper-V Manager, right click and choose run as Administrator (as I typically do). It then opens Microsoft Management Console which is not what I want.

When I look at the shortcut target it's pointing to: %windir%\System32\mmc.exe which doesn't seem right.

I've tried turning off and turning back on Hyper-V using Windows Features on/off.

I've confirmed Hyper-V Host Compute service is Running and Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management is running (which they are).

I run vmconnect.ext as admin it shows the VMs and tries to start them but I get errors about a virtual port. I can't fix that because I can't get into Hyper-v manager.

Been trying to get this to work for weeks and about to scrap it for VirtualBox.

Any suggestions?

MichaelF_452, May 9, 2020
  3. Why is Hyper-V-Manager consuming so much bandwidth?

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your support.

The setup is quite simple:

• The Hyper-V Server is a Root-Server in the Internet (not in a domain). It is only managed by myself (whatever that means Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio. :) )
    • The server is a "Hyper-V Server 2016" (see e.g. Testen Sie Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 im Microsoft Evaluation Center)
    • My Notebook connect's via Server Manager (This connection uses 8 kBit/se or less on average)
    • When I open Hyper-V (via the Server Manager) it uses 500kBit/s permanently, without even connecting to a VM. Just listing the VMs on the server.

Michael

wallenstein0961, May 9, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

Kari, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio. - Similar Threads - Hyper Manager possible

2. HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's: Hi there On Linux VM's with HYPER-V on latest build 20H1 : In Non full screen mode you can't adjust the screen area so you can lose the bottom part of the screen. [img] In Full screen mode the Guest doesn't allow monitor size settings to full 1980 X 1080 I don't think...
  3. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  4. HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound

HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound: Hi folks trying an experiment I hadn't thought of before Going through some old junk I found a small mini USB sound and Mic adapter. Tested it on a Native CENTOS machine (the one with the radeon GPU where I couldn't get sound working in any case) Worked fine -- hardware...
  5. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

@KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  6. No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10

No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, using Hyper-V, with a VM that is running Windows 10. I've already read Overview: Client Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 8.1 and Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode - Turn On or Off (referred to in several other related articles) and neither...
  7. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  8. Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!

Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!: Hi there @Kari particularly -- any experience with using the FREE 2016 server HYPER-V edition and any pitfalls as I want to try it later. Try Active Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 | TechNet Evaluation Software Best Practices for running Linux on Hyper-V | Microsoft...
  9. HYPER-V with Hardware SAS RAID only on VM - possible ?

HYPER-V with Hardware SAS RAID only on VM - possible ?: Hi there Looking at nice fast SAS RAID stuff for the VM --any idea if it's possible to pass thru the RAID controller to the VM without Windows seeing it or the HDD's it will be attached to -- I want mega fast I/O so I want to use RAID 0 -- not worried about failure as I...
  10. Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10 How to Install CentOS Linux on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Note A working and quite nice alternative for dual booting is to install various operating systems on a virtual machine. CentOS is...