Windows 10: I am not able to see the Family and other users in my account settings sub categories

Discus and support I am not able to see the Family and other users in my account settings sub categories in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to change the administrator account to a standard one and I followed the windows key + R and then entering netplwiz method of removing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by staphelia, Sep 5, 2018.

1. staphelia Win User

I am not able to see the Family and other users in my account settings sub categories

I wanted to change the administrator account to a standard one and I followed the windows key + R and then entering netplwiz method of removing the account and it did happen but I believe I must've accidently added the account into the others account and now I cant see the family and other users slot as well as the computer doesn't allow me to make any changes. If possible, is there any way the problem could be fixed. As you can see the family and other users cannot be seen. I am not able to see the Family and other users  in my account settings sub categories 59ed3e7d-d5c8-44a2-bce4-0b802ab21468?upload=true.jpg

:)

staphelia, Sep 5, 2018
  2. DaveSteep Win User

setting up user accounts

Not able to set up a separate user account for my wife...following the steps as outlined in settings for setting up family - but get "we couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date". I am logged
    in to my Microsoft account as it suggests. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

DaveSteep, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

Kari, Sep 5, 2018
  4. I am not able to see the Family and other users in my account settings sub categories

remove a user account

Hello,

If you want to delete local user account on your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the steps below:

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on
      Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete an account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR
    Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.
    • Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Meanwhile, if you wish to add a family member to your Microsoft family, there are a few ways you can do that. You can follow the steps in this article:

Set up your family

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

I am not able to see the Family and other users in my account settings sub categories

1. I am not able to see the Family and other users in my account settings sub categories - Similar Threads - able Family users

2. Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...: Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login my windows account and still see other profiles in Edge , and access their accounts / emails unchallenged?...
  3. Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...: Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login my windows account and still see other profiles in Edge , and access their accounts / emails unchallenged?...
  4. Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to see Family & other users section in Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to see Family & other users section in Settings: [IMG][IMG]Please solve my this problem, which I can't see the family & other user when I change my account to standard user from administrator account and then I can't change to administrator Please help me I am in Problem ***Modified title from: I can't See the family &...
  6. Family/ other user settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family/ other user settings: I've recently set up a few "Other User" accounts on my PC but when anyone uses them they arent able to use a start menu or go into any settings at all, is there a away to fix this?...
  7. Settings: Family& Other Users will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings: Family& Other Users will not open: I recently had to do a completely fresh install of Windows 10, and I am having an issue since that. Every time I try to open up the "Family & Other Users" option, the window flashes open and then immediately closes. I know there is a workaround which allows me to add other...
  8. Windows Sub-Categories in Settings don't work

Windows Sub-Categories in Settings don't work: So, whenever I open a sub settings tab, the other little tabs won't show up. I will post a picture to demonstrate. Any help? PC specs: CPU: Intel G3930, Mobo: MSI H110m PRO-VD, RAM: Qumox 4GB DDR4, GPU: MSI GT710 2GB DDR3...
  9. Family & Other Users Not in Settings

Family & Other Users Not in Settings: Family & Other Users in not in Settings. Can someone please help me out?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-other-users-not-in-settings/ae460c5a-cfc0-4f62-96b9-28524400a402
  10. Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts: Today I tried to add an account to my Windows 10 computer (Version 1607 Build 14393.321). Not something I do very often so I Googled it. When I select Settings - Accounts, I do not see the option for "Family and other users" like the screen image below. This image is not from...