Windows 10: I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender

Discus and support I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get: [ATTACH] How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dbrower256, May 30, 2019.

1. I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender

I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get:

I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender 95137106-22c0-4a0c-a7d8-fedfae58dbdd?upload=true.jpg

How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own computer at home. That would make me the IT administrator.

:)

dbrower256, May 30, 2019

2. Windows defender does not allow for me to unquarantine items

Hi Michael,

The Real-time protection feature of Windows
    Defender stops malware from running on your device. It's possible that this feature is preventing the system from restoring/allowing the affected program. If you're sure that the affected program is virus free, we suggest that you disable the
    feature temporarily and try to restore the program. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender settings in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Windows Defender, disable
      Real-time protection by clicking the toggle button.
    • Once you're done, restore the affected file/program and check if the issue persists.

Also, you can allow a quarantined file/program from the Windows
    Defender desktop app. If you have the app installed on your device, you can follow these steps:

• Type Windows Defender in the search box, and then select the Desktop app.
    • Under the History tab, click on the check box for the affected file/program.
    • Select Allow item.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, May 30, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

4. Steeboo Win User

I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender

Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, May 30, 2019
Thema:

I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender

1. I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender - Similar Threads - allowed access part

2. I am unable to access the windows defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to access the windows defender.: I recently reset my pc to a clean installation. However, this time upon trying to disable the windows anti-virus, I am met with a screen stating 'my IT admin has limited access to some areas of this app'. I have tried resetting my pc again but that did not work out in my...
  3. I am unable to access the windows defender.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to access the windows defender.: I recently reset my pc to a clean installation. However, this time upon trying to disable the windows anti-virus, I am met with a screen stating 'my IT admin has limited access to some areas of this app'. I have tried resetting my pc again but that did not work out in my...
  4. I can't access certain parts of windows security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access certain parts of windows security.: It says something about IT administrators? But I'm not apart of a comapany and I have no knowledge of having one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-certain-parts-of-windows-security/b1ec0de4-368c-4b0f-83ac-11fef9708da7
  5. I cannot access a memory stick through USB connection, windows defender will not allow,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot access a memory stick through USB connection, windows defender will not allow,...: I cannot access a memory stick through USB connection, windows defender will not allow, have tried different things to change settings, no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-a-memory-stick-through-usb/4709764e-398f-4209-862e-12233f1cb309
  6. Windows Defender will not allow installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender will not allow installation: I have Ant Video Downloader for Firefox and it complained about needed to upgrade the Native Application, so I downloaded it, as I have before, and a window popped up and said Windows Defender Smartscreen blocked it. After spending half an hour finding a way to get gpedit.msc...
  7. Cant access parts of Windows Defender

Cant access parts of Windows Defender: I am able to scan my PC for threats, but when trying to change my PC to allow Windows Defender to check apps and files, I am unable to do so. I have an administrator account, yet the option is not changable due to "This setting is managed by your administrator". Is there any...
  8. Part of Windows Defender cannot be accessed: Your IT administrator has limited access to...

Part of Windows Defender cannot be accessed: Your IT administrator has limited access to...: I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get: [ATTACH] How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own computer at home. That would make me the IT administrator. ***Original Title: I am not allowed access to a part of windows...
  9. Can’t Defender Defender not allowed

Can’t Defender Defender not allowed: Fed up with Windows Security getting slated by people whose sole aim is to promote third party. Speak up and what happens you get deleted . Democracy is not allowed on this forum God Bless America and the UK Go on delete me you can never delete the truth and God Bless...
  10. Windows Defender and Allowed Threats

Windows Defender and Allowed Threats: So the issue that I am having is that I have some stuff running on my my PC that technically is a virus but it has a specific purpose and I want it to run. I repeatedly have to restore the files and allow them. It happens at least 2-3 times a week....