Windows 10: I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?

Discus and support I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? * Original title: Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ajdpony, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ajdpony Win User

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?

* Original title: Defender

:)

ajdpony, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Le Boule Win User

Norton Security Incompatible With Windows 10?

Does Norton say you have a version of their product that is compatible with Win 10?

See Windows 10 compatibility with Norton products

And

https://updatecenter.norton.com

Alternatively - - -

Two suggestions to try.

Good luck…

P.S. I'm not employed by MS!

Le Boule, Sep 7, 2018
  3. norton internet security

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As pre the issue description you willing to use Norton Internet Security on your system.

I would request you to use Windows Defender instead of any third party security software. At the end it is your computer and its upon you that which security software you should use.

If you have to use Windows Defender you may try the steps provided below.

• To toggle Windows Defender on and off press Windows Key and start typing
      Windows Defender in the search box.
    • Defender will quickly pop into the search results.
    • Give it a click and the Defender application will steal the stage.
    • If Defender is disabled you’ll immediately know because of the frightening blood red color theme that decorates the main window.

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? fixedbyvonnie-windows-8-1-turn-on-off-windows-defender.png

• Click the obnoxiously big Turn on button to activate Defender.
    • When everything turns green, you’re protected.

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? fixedbyvonnie-windows-8-1-windows-defender-on.png

• You can run a full scan by clicking Scan now in the right pane. If you want to disable Windows Defender, head over to the Settings tab and uncheck
      Turn on real-time protection (recommended).

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? fixedbyvonnie-windows-8-1-windows-defender-turn-real-time-protection-off.png

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - running Norton Security

2. How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...: I have a Windows Defender warning that says Local Security Authority protection is off. I have toggled on and restarted several times but cannot clear the warning. Does that mean it is still off?...
  3. How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...: I have a Windows Defender warning that says Local Security Authority protection is off. I have toggled on and restarted several times but cannot clear the warning. Does that mean it is still off?...
  4. how do i turn windows defender off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i turn windows defender off: its being so annoying i cant take it anymore its so ANNOYING HOW THE HELL DO I TURN THIS OFF ITS SO ANNOYING I WOULD SWEAR IF I COULD HOW DO I TURN IT OFF...
  5. How do I turn Windows defender off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn Windows defender off?: How do I turn Windows defender off? I just cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-windows-defender-off/7ee2a11f-f152-4b57-ba6e-25eaf1bca305
  6. how do I run defender off line?

how do I run defender off line?: I try to run defender offline and it indicates my system is controlled by my organization. I have none and it is a home computer. I try to change security settings and it indicates some options are controlled by the same nonexistent organization. Was this security designed...
  7. How to turn off Norton Security and turn on Defender

How to turn off Norton Security and turn on Defender: I currently have Norton Security on my laptop supplied courtesy of my Comcast account. It does the job as an Security program, but I suspect it's bogging down the laptop. I want to try just using Defender as I've read that it's now as good as any other Security program...
  8. How do I turn off Defender/Windows Security? Win 10

How do I turn off Defender/Windows Security? Win 10: I need to turn off my Defender so that I can run System Restore. According to all of the replies in Bing, this is what I should do: To turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off, select the Windows logo Start button, and then select Settings / Gear-shaped Settings icon >...
  9. Windows Defender is turned off. How do I turn it on?

Windows Defender is turned off. How do I turn it on?: Somehow Windows Defender was turned off. I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching and trying to turn it back on. How and where do I do it? Help, please! * Moved from Windows 8.1/Security * Original title: Windows Defender...
  10. How do I start windows defender with Norton?

How do I start windows defender with Norton?: I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Norton AV, Now the windows Defender icon has a red X and says action needed. I cant start it from the control panel, how do I start it through Norton? To clarify I mean the windows firewall doesnt seem to be on. 103570

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop windows defender from running with norton internet security

2. turn off windows defender windows 10 and use norton

3. Error: (9011 102

4. if norton is preinstalled will windows defender be off,
  5. do i turn off windows defender to install norton security ,
  6. should i turn off windows defender if im running norton antivirus and firewall,
  7. norton error 102 windows defender,
  8. windows defender doesnt see Im running Norton,
  9. running windows defender and norton,
  10. what version of norton am i running,
  11. windows defender still running with norton,
  12. do you need to turn off defender if installed norton,
  13. can windows defender run with norton security,
  14. should i turn windows defender off if running norton