Windows 10: I am unable to open anything on my Surface Book 1 after a factory reset

Discus and support I am unable to open anything on my Surface Book 1 after a factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was going to restore my laptop due to giving it away so I did a factory reset when everything was done and i was taken to the desktop, no program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sFULGORE, May 19, 2019.

1. sFULGORE Win User

I am unable to open anything on my Surface Book 1 after a factory reset

I was going to restore my laptop due to giving it away so I did a factory reset

when everything was done and i was taken to the desktop, no program opens, i cant open settings, edge, battery indicator, wifi, start menu, literally nothing

My computer was working fine before this so most likely it is due to the updates being deleted, however I can’t update it because I cant open anything

Please help

PS:

This is what i clicked to reset

Remove Everything > Remove Files and Clean the drive

:)

sFULGORE, May 19, 2019

2. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, May 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. I am unable to open anything on my Surface Book 1 after a factory reset - Similar Threads - unable open anything

2. I did a factory reset on my pc. I am completely unable to access my C: drive and anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a factory reset on my pc. I am completely unable to access my C: drive and anything...: I should mention that I am completely unable to set myself as administrator for my C: drive, and that includes running anything as an administrator, changing permissions on my C: drive, downloading anything that requires admin permissions, and even just simply viewing my...
  3. I did a factory reset on my pc. I am completely unable to access my C: drive and anything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did a factory reset on my pc. I am completely unable to access my C: drive and anything...: I should mention that I am completely unable to set myself as administrator for my C: drive, and that includes running anything as an administrator, changing permissions on my C: drive, downloading anything that requires admin permissions, and even just simply viewing my...
  4. Reformat Surface Book to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformat Surface Book to factory settings: Hi, my surface is not working that well and the camera stopped working. I have tried several ways to get it sorted - even did a restore but still no camera. My next step is to do a full reformat to factory settings. My question is - will this install Windows 10 again or...
  5. Surface book 2 unable to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book 2 unable to reset: I wasn't able to detach the screen and the keybord of my surface book 2 wasn't working, i read and microsoft community to hold the power button for ~ 20 seconds to solve the problem. I did it but it booted to the screen "Your PC did not start correctly". I tried every...
  6. I am unable to reset my PC to factory setings

I am unable to reset my PC to factory setings: I have been trying to reset my PC to factory settings but it always goes back to the start screen when you start it in safe mode. I have tried the various options available when resetting my PC but none of them are working....
  7. I am unable to factory reset my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am unable to factory reset my laptop.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jacky-Mo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffzevz/i_am_unable_to_factory_reset_my_laptop/
  8. Cannot Factory Reset Surface Pro 1

Cannot Factory Reset Surface Pro 1: I found my surface after it being lost for a year. It is connected to a Microsoft account that I have since deleted. I tried to recover the account but Microsoft says it doesn't recognize iteven though my surface is pulling it up. I tried to reset and fully clean the drive in...
  9. Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book: Hi, I've purchased a surface book with hardware issues. After fixing the issues I'm trying to perform a factory reset however it is requesting the recovery key. I do not own the original packaging so I don't have the windows key. Is there way to perform a factory reset...
  10. Recently reset my Surface Book but now cannot access anything

Recently reset my Surface Book but now cannot access anything: Yesterday I reset my Surface Book and backup all my documents but now can not access windows start menu, cortana search bar, control center, settings, Wifi settings, or any windows applications except file explorer, mail, windows store, and pen & ink control center. I've...