Windows 10: I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store

Discus and support I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently trying to install Ark to my D: drive because there is no more space on my C: drive. When I change the drive from the drop-down box it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shaggy 2SHAGGONING, Mar 31, 2020.

1. I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store

I am currently trying to install Ark to my D: drive because there is no more space on my C: drive. When I change the drive from the drop-down box it doesn't let me click install even though there are still 400 gigs left on the drive.

:)

shaggy 2SHAGGONING, Mar 31, 2020

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Barr J Win User

I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store

Change install location for Microsoft store apps?

I have recently thought about using Microsoft Store to download apps (Netflix); however, I am afraid that as long as I continue to download apps from the store, my main SSD drive will be out of memory - as it is 250GB big.

Is there any way to change the default location of Microsoft store apps?

Barr J, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store

1. I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store - Similar Threads - cannot change download

2. can i change the location in which i download games from microsoft store because it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i change the location in which i download games from microsoft store because it...: can i change the location in which i download games from microsoft store because it downloads every thing in local disk c and i want it to download in my other drive please...
  3. I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.: I cannot download a game on Microsoft store but when I click the install button nothing happens. I've reset the cache by holding windows key + R to open the run prompt followed by typing "wsreset.exe" to reset the cache. that did not work. I also tried troubleshooting...
  4. I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.: I cannot download a game on Microsoft store but when I click the install button nothing happens. I've reset the cache by holding windows key + R to open the run prompt followed by typing "wsreset.exe" to reset the cache. that did not work. I also tried troubleshooting...
  5. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  6. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  7. Microsoft store App download location

8. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location: I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both...
  9. Microsoft Store Download Locations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Locations: Recently I have decided to re-install ARK: Survival Evolved on my computer through the Microsoft store. However, it stopped after about 200MB/105GB because there wasn't enough space on my C: Drive. So I went into Settings, System, Storage, Change where new content is saved....
  10. Microsoft Store won't change download location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't change download location: Hello, I've been trying to download some games onto my laptop using the game pass. I have to put them onto my SD card D: drive as my system storage is mostly taken up by the OS. I've gone into settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, and changed it to my SD...