Windows 10: I cannot get to the log in screen with windows 10

Discus and support I cannot get to the log in screen with windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, this is a new issue with me and I haven't been able to find any solution that works so I figured I would make a post. When I boot up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by angrydummpster, May 15, 2017.

1. I cannot get to the log in screen with windows 10

Hey guys, this is a new issue with me and I haven't been able to find any solution that works so I figured I would make a post.

When I boot up my laptop it gets to the pre-login screen and then the entire system hangs. If I click or press any buttons to get to the actual log in screen it takes minutes for the screen to change and even when it does no log in prompt appears on screen. None of the utility buttons appear at the corner of the screen and, as I said before, there is no way for me to log in. ctrl+alt+delete does nothing and I'm stumped. Does anyone know what's going on here?

:)

angrydummpster, May 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 Administrator lost

All I get is the Windows 10 screen with password log in.

I cannot locate my password so I cannot log in to do anything.

MarkCordle, May 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10, when I log in, the log in screen doesnt go away - I log in one more time and it works, ??

Hello Bill,

There's a possibility that your computer is lagging that's why the first attempt didn't push through. For us to isolate it better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you get any error message when you first attempt to log in?
    • Is this the first time you experience this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try the first attempt?
    • Can you send us a screenshot, if possible? Just make sure to hide any personal information for security purposes. You can visit this
      article on how to attach screenshot.

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, May 15, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I cannot get to the log in screen with windows 10

NavyLCDR, May 15, 2017
  5. Can't get to the command prompt. No inputs work.

angrydummpster, May 15, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Boot from a Windows 10 USB flash drive or DVD. Under the repair option in the advance troubleshooting menus is command prompt.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I cannot get to the log in screen with windows 10

1. I cannot get to the log in screen with windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot log screen

2. I cannot Log in to Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot Log in to Windows 10: When I log into my Widows 10 it logs into an account Called account name in safe mode. Then I sign out of that account and sign into my regular account. It says " something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." Once i click on "Setup my pin"...
  3. I cannot log in to windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log in to windows.: I was messing around with some settings for my password , then I restarted my laptop lenovo legion 5 and instead of a normal box to type in my password i see "sign in" , when I press it it says something along the lines of "look for the app in the store" , I have tried to...
  4. I cannot log in to windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot log in to windows.: I was messing around with some settings for my password , then I restarted my laptop lenovo legion 5 and instead of a normal box to type in my password i see "sign in" , when I press it it says something along the lines of "look for the app in the store" , I have tried to...
  5. I cannot log in to windows.

6. Theres local user in my log-in screen that I cannot get rid of.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Theres local user in my log-in screen that I cannot get rid of.: Every time I open my pc, there's a local user that fails to auto log-in and I have to then switch to my own user before I can use my pin. It's extremely frustrating because I cannot enter the local user to delete it nor can I see it in users or anything, how do I get rid of...
  7. Theres local user in my log-in screen that I cannot get rid of.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Theres local user in my log-in screen that I cannot get rid of.: Every time I open my pc, there's a local user that fails to auto log-in and I have to then switch to my own user before I can use my pin. It's extremely frustrating because I cannot enter the local user to delete it nor can I see it in users or anything, how do I get rid of...
  8. Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck: Cannot log in. Keyboard adding different characters as well. Windows Version 20h2 183479
  9. Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in: Hi My PC was working fine for about 20mins this morning until it froze. Since then i have been unable to get passed the log in screen (circular dots keep spinning). This had happened yesterday and resolved itself with a restart. Today I have spent numerous hours...
  10. I cannot log in to Windows 10

I cannot log in to Windows 10: I cannot log in to Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-in-to-windows-10/abc6d556-7de0-4d50-899d-679c995b9bf2