Windows 10: I cannot open the windows defender security center

Discus and support I cannot open the windows defender security center in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have clicked the security center but does not open... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mobayou, Nov 22, 2018.

1. mobayou Win User

I cannot open the windows defender security center

I have clicked the security center but does not open

:)

mobayou, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Nov 22, 2018
  3. gale Win User
    Open Windows Defender Security Center in Windows 10  

I noticed tonight that windows defender or the windows defender security center both are not in my all apps list. When I start ms services it shows that defender is running. I just can't seem to open the security center. When I try to via the settings window, nothing at all happens. No error message, nothing. I rebooted and still nothing.

My calculator and photo viewer also quit opening but right now I'm more concerned about windows defender since I don't have an alternate av on my system.

4. I cannot open the windows defender security center

Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

When I open Windows Defender Security Center, it opens and then closes itself.

I’m running Windows 10 Home, v1703, with the latest updates.

I run Norton Security as my primary AV & firewall with the latest updates.

I did a system reset in the last couple of months.

I have the latest Defender updates according to: https://www.microsoft.com/security/p...tions/adl.aspx

Defender seems to be functioning, but generating the following errors:

• Event ID 3: The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus, AntiSpyware and Firewall.
    • Event ID 16: Error while updating Windows Defender status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.
    • Event ID 1000:
    Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x58ccbce5
    Faulting module name: SecHealthUIDataModel.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58ccbc8d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000015b847
    Faulting process id: 0x27f0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f12745cc2b1f
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\SecHealthUI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\SecHealthUIDataModel.dll
    Report Id: bcac3ab1-757d-47fb-8d4f-c089173b11e0
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_10.0.15063.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: SecHealthUI

I have tried options 3 and 5 in this tutorial: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10. Options 1 and 2 aren’t available to me since the settings window won’t stay open. Option 4 isn’t available for Windows Home.

As I said above, AFAICT, Defender seems to be working, but the Defender Security window won’t stay open and it’s generating a lot of errors.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting and/or fixing this issue?

elprice7345, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

I cannot open the windows defender security center

1. I cannot open the windows defender security center - Similar Threads - cannot open defender

2. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center: Hello,I had an IT expert configure and optimize my computer a couple of days ago.I have now realized that one of his actions was to disable multiple services through "services.mcs".This he said was for faster startup and performance. However, I really wish to use Windows...
  3. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center: Hello,I had an IT expert configure and optimize my computer a couple of days ago.I have now realized that one of his actions was to disable multiple services through "services.mcs".This he said was for faster startup and performance. However, I really wish to use Windows...
  4. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender

I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender: Hi team, hi mates I have a problem. I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender. Windows Firewall, at first, is ok. Three days ago I formatted my computer and I install Windows Enterprise 10. Everything is fine but, suddenly, I lost the control of the computer. The...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: My Windows Defender Security Center is not working. There are no options like virus & threat protection and others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-center/2f1968ec-0098-4aae-b4c5-ef25f94f5cc6"
  7. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Hi, Every time I connect to VPN(Client Network) from My personal laptop I get windows defender security center popup- Its shows all as green but yet it continuously pop up. I can not type a mail or do anything else. It happens only when VPN connection is done. I tried to...
  8. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I keep getting notification that threats has been found, "Windows anti virus protection found threats. Get details. When I click on the message or manual open the defender center I get the message there are no current threats and the center is locked up. I have rebooted...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When I boot my system (Windows 10 Home Ed.) "Windows Defender Security Center" always pops up windowed (not minimised). is this normal (I can't remember that it was always like this) and can I do something about it so that it starts minimised ? 112234
  10. Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open: When I open Windows Defender Security Center, it opens and then closes itself. I’m running Windows 10 Home, v1703, with the latest updates. I run Norton Security as my primary AV & firewall with the latest updates. I did a system reset in the last couple of months....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open windows defender security center

2. cannot open windows security center

3. cannot open windows security

4. windows 10 cannot open windows defender security center,
  5. windows security cannot open,
  6. windows 10 cannot open windows defender link,
  7. cant open windows defender security center,
  8. SecHealthUIDataModel.dll,
  9. cant open windows defender center,
  10. cannot open defender