Windows 10: I cant install windows 10 pro

Discus and support I cant install windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant install windows 10 pro says when i click on i dont have a product key and when i click on windows 10 pro says cant find the microsoft software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Xtreme995, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Xtreme995 Win User

I cant install windows 10 pro

I cant install windows 10 pro says when i click on i dont have a product key and when i click on windows 10 pro says cant find the microsoft software licesne terms plzz help..

:)

Xtreme995, Jan 23, 2016

2. cant do anything screen too bright since reinstall of win 10

cant personalize because cant activATE WIN 10 , WIN 10 PRO WAS INSTALLED IT SAYS I NEED WIN 10 HOME

ALSO I JOINED WINDOWS INSIDER PROGRAM AND IT JUST FINISHED INSTALLING WIN 10 PRO I NEED 10 HOME

lindaVanVranken, Jan 23, 2016
  3. Peter EU Win User
    Peter EU, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

Welcome to TenForums. Which Windows version do you have a license for?

Word Man, Jan 23, 2016
  5. Word Man Win User
    OK, so I'll just assume you have a genuine license purchased from Microsoft.

How are you installing - from a USB Key purchased from Microsoft?

Word Man, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Xtreme995 Win User
    I did an upgrade from windows 8.1 pro and i was trying to do a clean install of windows 10 pro and i downloaded the iso image from the microsoft media creation tool....

Xtreme995, Jan 23, 2016
  7. Xtreme995 Win User
    i burned the iso image on a dvd...

Xtreme995, Jan 23, 2016
  8. Word Man Win User

So - sorry, just want to be sure - 1) you already had Win10 Pro activated when you upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro ( through Windows Update?) and 2) Now you are booting from the DVD to do a clean install?

If 1) and 2) correct, are you sure you downloaded the exact same version of Windows 10 with MCT that you already had activated from the upgrade (language, edition, architecture - 32 vs. 64-bit) or had selected "use the recommended options for this PC"?

Word Man, Jan 23, 2016
  9. Xtreme995 Win User
    I thought i did but it might of got corrupted cause i didnt change the speed when i burned it

Xtreme995, Jan 23, 2016
  10. Xtreme995 Win User
    i checked it before i did it everything looked alright it said windows 10 pro,,64 bit..and english

Xtreme995, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Word Man Win User
    To double check, insert the DVD and then execute the following from an elevated (admin) command prompt:

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:H:\sources\install.esd /index:1

(substitute the actual drive letter assigned to your DVD for the H above)
    [this is excerpted from Brink's Tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html ]

Please post a screenshot of the resulting output.

Word Man, Jan 23, 2016
  12. Xtreme995 Win User
    i put that in and it said error 21 device not readydism can be found at this log x:\windows\logs\Dism\dism\.log

Xtreme995, Jan 23, 2016
  13. Word Man Win User

Funny it logs to a drive lettered x:. Are you booted into a working install of Windows on your (typically) C: drive when you run this command? Error 21 in this situation could mean there is a problem with the install.esd file (corruption perhaps, as you mentioned).

The file in question should be install.esd as you said it came from MCT. A TechBench iso would have install.wim instead.

Can you confirm in File Explorer that there is a file named install.esd on your iso DVD at the path [DVD drive letter]:\sources\ ? What is the size reported?

Word Man, Jan 23, 2016
  14. Xtreme995 Win User
    i can only run the dvd in boot menu or it wont work but theDrive L says ESD ISO

Xtreme995, Jan 23, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Sounds to me like you have a bad DVD.

NavyLCDR, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

1. I cant install windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - cant install pro

2. Cant activate Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate Windows 10 Pro: I try personalizing the laptop my brother left since I want a pic displaying in the settings like my other laptop. It says that I need to have my Windows activated. I when on about activating it but there's already a product key there with an error msg "Windows can't connect...
  3. I cant activate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I cant activate windows 10 pro: Even though i have a good internet thru ethernet cable it shows that i cant connect to the internet and hence can't activate windows . when i try to troubleshoot its showing - we cant activate your version of windows pls make sure that your connected to the internet if you...
  4. I Cant activate windows 10 pro update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Cant activate windows 10 pro update: hello,previosly i was operating windows 7 in my accer pc later on,i had an opportunity to install windows 10 pro but it keeps telling to activate my windows,,,,my question is..can i use the microsft key placed on the of authentification sticker which came with the computer...
  5. Cant install nvidia driver on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cant install nvidia driver on windows 10 pro: Whenever i try to install the nvidia driver/geforce driver, it just says its not compatible with my version of windows. im using version 20h2 os build 19042.685 , I tried uninstalling the intel driver already on my windows but it didnt do anything. any help would be great...
  6. i cant install app in my pc. i have windows 10 pro.

i cant install app in my pc. i have windows 10 pro.: it shows you may not have permission to acess them[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-app-in-my-pc-i-have-windows-10-pro/05070127-b4df-49db-a407-549f27086113
  7. I cant install Minecraft Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install Minecraft Windows 10: When I try install Minecraft windows 10 in the Microsoft store it says error I have used trouble shoot and CMD and windows power shell and I have tried to reset the account but nothing seems to work please help. Also it says Error Code: 0x803FB005 My email is *** Email...
  8. I cant upgrade to windows 10 pro/enterprise

I cant upgrade to windows 10 pro/enterprise: I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro/enterprise but i failed to do that in Payment because the Country set to US. When I check my account profile, it shows Malaysia!!! how do I move forward from here??? *I want the country in payment page set to Malaysia so that I can...
  9. Cant update windows 10 pro

Cant update windows 10 pro: I've tried everything to update windows 10 pro. It hasn't been updated in a long time, years. I've tried troubleshoot, virus scans, safe mode, removed antivirus software etc.. I cant find the original product key either. What's next?...
  10. I cant install windows 10

I cant install windows 10: Hello Microsoft, so the Problem is.... I didn't use my laptop for like 2 years. And today I tried to use but it always gets to the automatic Repair screen. So I researched and downloaded the windows 10 into my USB stick (Boot or sth.). I decided on the upgrade version..?...