Windows 10: See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file

Discus and support See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file How to See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file A DVD, and can be used to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Kyhi, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Kyhi Win User

See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file

How to: See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file

How to See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file

A DVD, and can be used to install Windows 10 with.

This tutorial will show you how to see full details such as language, edition, build, version, architecture, and more for a Windows 10 ISO file.

Here's How:

1 Windows 10 ISO file, and make note of its drive letter (ex: G ). (see screenshot below)

See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file [​IMG]

2 Open the mounted ISO, and open the sources folder. Make note if there is an install.wim or install.esd file. (see screenshot below)

If the Windows 10 ISO file was 32-bit and 64-bit architectures, then you will need to open the x64 (64-bit) or x86 (32-bit) folder you want first.

3 Open an elevated command prompt.

4 Depending on if you have a install.esd or install.wim file from step 2 above, type the appropriate command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

This command will show you the index number for each edition of Windows 10 that is included in the ISO file.

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\sources\install.esd

OR

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\sources\install.wim

OR

(For 32-bit - If ISO created for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture)
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\x86\sources\install.esd

OR

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\x86\sources\install.wim

OR

(For 64-bit - If ISO created for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture)
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\x64\sources\install.esd

OR

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\x64\sources\install.wim

Substitute <Drive Letter> in the command above with the actual drive letter (ex: G ) for the mounted ISO from step 1 above.

For example: dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:G:\sources\install.wim

5 Type the appropriate command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below step 6)

Substitute <Drive Letter> in the command below with the actual drive letter (ex: G ) for the mounted ISO from step 1 above.

Substitute <Index Number> in the command below with the actual index number (ex: "8") for the edition (ex: "Pro") you want details about from step 4 above.

For example: dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:G:\sources\install.wim /index:8

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\sources\install.esd /index:<Index Number>

OR

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\sources\install.wim /index:<Index Number>

OR

(For 32-bit - If ISO created for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture)
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\x86\sources\install.esd /index:<Index Number>

OR

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\x86\sources\install.wim /index:<Index Number>

OR

(For 64-bit - If ISO created for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture)
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\x64\sources\install.esd /index:<Index Number>

OR

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:<Drive Letter>:\x64\sources\install.wim /index:<Index Number>
    6 You will now see all details of the selected index number (edition) for this Windows 10 ISO file. (see screenshot below)

Edition: This will be for the Windows 10 S, Home, Education, Pro, or Enterprise product key determines if Pro of Home is installed during Windows Setup.

Architecture: This will be for x64 (64-bit) or x86 (32-bit).

Language: This will be the default display language (ex: en-us (US English)) used to install Windows 10 with.

Version: The part after 10.0 will be the build number. For example, the build number for the version 10.0.16251 would be 16251.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2015
  3. alirezaka Win User
    Why in Photos _ File Info _ ISO , there isn't any details?!

Greetings!

Why in Photos _ File Info _ ISO , there isn't any details?!

Windows 7 had useful info about the ISO of photos!

Thanks

alirezaka, Nov 11, 2015
  4. chemie Win User

screen shot of error

e: is correct drive of the burned DVD and I checked the sources folder and it is .esd in there

chemie, Nov 12, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Is this for an ISO file? It won't work for a DVD or USB?

See if the command below may work better for you. *Smile

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  6. chemie Win User
    Nope. Error2: cant find specified file

chemie, Nov 12, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Is this for an ISO file? It won't work for a DVD or USB?

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  8. chemie Win User

I burned the .iso to DVD. So is there a way to confirm version; I want to make sure I have Th2

chemie, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you downloaded the ISO today from Microsoft, then it's the TH2.

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  10. chemie Win User
    ...trust but verify. I am OCD on these things.

chemie, Nov 12, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I can verify that it is if you downloaded the ISO today.

I don't know the sums for the new ISOs yet to be able verify otherwise. *Sad

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    @chemie,

If you still have the ISO, you can also look at what the command shows as the Version. TH2 will be 10.0.10586. *Smile

Brink, Nov 18, 2015
  13. See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file

A snip when this is run against build 10586, which is absolutely not a Technical preview as written.
    Should I be concerned?

Sumit Dhiman, Nov 18, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    They all still have "Technical Preview" in the name and description, so it's nothing to worry about. *Smile

Brink, Nov 18, 2015
  15. M4v3r1ck Win User

Great post @Brink!! Thanks a lot. I used both the Media Creation Tool and downloaded both the x32 and x64 versions .ISO's to my Mac Windows SSD, that was yesterday.

Will mount the image and check. Keep you posted on the outcome.

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

1. See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file - Similar Threads - Full Details ISO

2. Please see details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please see details: I have a fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO Tablet. I attempted to hard reset it but during the Windows installation something went wrong so now I'm stuck in a constant loop of an error messege telling me to click OK to restart which all that does is restart the tablet then give me the...
  3. Please see details

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please see details: I have a fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO Tablet. I attempted to hard reset it but during the Windows installation something went wrong so now I'm stuck in a constant loop of an error messege telling me to click OK to restart which all that does is restart the tablet then give me the...
  4. About 21H1 Official ISO file

About 21H1 Official ISO file: When expectedly & approximately Windows 10 21H1 ISO file will be available on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ?I know upgrade possible from the Windows update, But I required the ISO file.Why is it still taking too long time to come on the website?...
  5. How to change details about a file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change details about a file?: So I have a folder of files of songs and I want to change the file "title" not the name. When I go into properties, it really doesn't give me that option to change them, only remove and I have over 1600. This is for my boss and I'm at a complete loss as to what to do because...
  6. Details about windows 10 OEM version

Details about windows 10 OEM version: I have purchased a new laptop without Windows OS(it has a preintalled OS,Not Windows). I am a student, can i insall the Windows 10 OEM to my laptop? Is it illegal? If it is not legal then where can i get the Windows 10 education version?...
  7. About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file

About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file: I want to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 with an ISO file. My question is that will my any data be deleted after the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-upgrade-to-windows-10-with-an-iso-file/675827ac-077e-4b17-9585-5e7d70b6be43
  8. Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is...: I have a home network with Windows computers, some running Win 10 Home, some Win 7 Home, one XP, and a Linux running Samba. Everyone can see and change everyone else's files - EXCEPT Win 10 cannot see Win 7. To preempt going down dead-end roads, please note: Everyone...
  9. Is it possible to see details about "Process Private" in RamMap

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it possible to see details about "Process Private" in RamMap: Currently "Process Private" is taking up 9 GB of my 16 GB. As it seems a bit excessive, I'd love to be able to see exactly what is using all this memory. Is it possible to see what processes are using this memory? 91940
  10. Confused about the ISO file?

Confused about the ISO file?: Hi, I've recently been trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have tried to use the installer provided by Microsoft but the installer hangs on Checking For Updates. This doesn't end and I cannot pass it. I cannot use windows update to get the update as it just...