Windows 10: I changed login from MSA account login to Local Account log in. How can I switch back?

Discus and support I changed login from MSA account login to Local Account log in. How can I switch back? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed local login from MSA account related to Local Account. How can I switch back?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by George Smith - Bear Creek, May 2, 2020.

1. I changed login from MSA account login to Local Account log in. How can I switch back?

I changed local login from MSA account related to Local Account. How can I switch back?

:)

George Smith - Bear Creek, May 2, 2020

2. Local vs Network user accounts

The problem here is that people use the "Switch to MSA" method or login straight to the MSA during setup.

I do this differently as I don't want to use my MSA password nor username when logging in to my computer, but I still want all the features the MSA gives me.

So the answers to OPs question are:

1. You can create a local account to which you later add your MSA
    2. You can login straight to MSA during setup
    3. You can use the Switch to MSA method
    4. You can create one MSA only account and hide it after you have created a local only account. But to me this makes no sense, as it has the same effect as steps 1-3 but with the drawback of the user having to then login to MSA for each app separately if he wants to use any of the MS services.

ALL the above are different ways to make your account connected online and all of them transfers the digital licence you have to your MSA. BUT all makes your login method a bit different to your computer.

1. Adding MSA to your local account lets you login using your local account credentials
    2. Logging straight to MSA during setup requires you to always use your MSA login credentials
    3. Switching to MSA requires you to login using MSA credentials( I have to check if this only applies to the password or username too ) BUT your user folder will be whatever your original local account username was.

If you deactivate the MSA link after it had been established, your activation status will disappear, until you reconnect again No matter if your computer was activated or not before you added the MSA.

Either way how you decide to do it, YOU MUST make a connection on your computer to your MSA or your license will not be transferred to your MSA account and in case of hardware failure you may not be able to reactivate Windows again.

Your MSA is connected to the Windows Activation Servers, so when you do the "I have switched hardware" troubleshooting steps, the app communicate in tandem with both your MSA and the Activation Servers and cleans up all residues of your old hardware after your new hardware has a renewed digital licence locally and on your MSA.

slicendice, May 2, 2020
  3. Switch local account to Microsoft login

I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info.

Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user account area. My situation is just like the unresolved problem in this thread, and like him that last suggestion only takes me to the online login
    page.

Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

I would appreciate any help to figure this out!

JordanS_595, May 2, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

I changed login from MSA account login to Local Account log in. How can I switch back?

Help Removing Microsoft Account login

I am not sure if you want to switch to a local account instead of your Microsoft account, or if you want to keep your Microsoft account but login automatically instead of having to type the password.

See these tutorials:

Kari, May 2, 2020
Thema:

I changed login from MSA account login to Local Account log in. How can I switch back?

1. I changed login from MSA account login to Local Account log in. How can I switch back? - Similar Threads - changed login MSA

2. Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...: I've been searching for a solution to this issue and found it to be very common and widespread among Windows 10/11 users. Although I did find a potential solution to this issue I haven't tried it yet, I did not find it here in Microsoft's Community forum. That's...
  3. Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...: I've been searching for a solution to this issue and found it to be very common and widespread among Windows 10/11 users. Although I did find a potential solution to this issue I haven't tried it yet, I did not find it here in Microsoft's Community forum. That's...
  4. Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How i can switch from microsoft account to local account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How i can switch from microsoft account to local account?: Hi guys how i can swith microsoft account to local accont in windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-switch-from-microsoft-account-to-local/d849f2ad-92b8-4436-ad78-97f4b41c7221
  6. I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 1? Change login from Local account to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 1? Change login from Local account to...: I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 10Change login from Local account Microsoft account ?It's the process of getting windows 10 to accept my Microsoft account; it asked for my Microsoft account password it would not accept the password even its the correct...
  7. I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 1? Change login from Local account to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 1? Change login from Local account to...: I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 10Change login from Local account Microsoft account ?It's the process of getting windows 10 to accept my Microsoft account; it asked for my Microsoft account password it would not accept the password even its the correct...
  8. I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 1? Change login from Local account to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Switch local account to Microsoft login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch local account to Microsoft login: I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info. Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user...
  10. Local account login changed to Microsoft Account so unable to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account login changed to Microsoft Account so unable to log in: I would like help solving a mystery. I set up a new Dell Optiplex 3020 which shipped with Windows 10 Pro. I bypassed the option to set up the user with a Microsoft Account (The owner does not have a microsoft account and I did not create one at that time.) and set up a...