Windows 10: I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi

Discus and support I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I start my PC it auto connects to WiFi, I don't want this to happen. I have turned off "connect automatically when in range" and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anfor, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Anfor Win User

I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi

Every time I start my PC it auto connects to WiFi, I don't want this to happen. I have turned off "connect automatically when in range" and I have unchecked the box "connect automatically when this network is in range" from the wireless network properties but it still auto connects.

What can I do to prevent this from happening?

:)

Anfor, Nov 19, 2017
  2. KeomaWF Win User

Computer connects to Wi-Fi even though auto connect option is turned off

I don't want the windows to auto connect to the wifi so i turned the auto connect off. Even though auto connect is off windows is still connecting to wifi. Why is it doing that?

Original title: Windows auto wifi connection

KeomaWF, Nov 19, 2017
  3. IMAGING DEVICE IS MISSING!

This doesn't help.

Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download.

For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device window.

The imaging devices that are listed are all scanners. Not a single webcam listed.

Thanks MS for yet again not listening or caring about your end user.

I don't want to be connected, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Nov 19, 2017
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    What didn't help ?

Eagle51, Nov 19, 2017
  6. Anfor Win User
    The suggestions in that tutorial.

Anfor, Nov 20, 2017
  7. Eagle51 Win User
    K ... need to to know the make/model of your PC and the make/model of your wireless card?

Note: There could be other software that is controlling the wifi auto connect ... Example (Intel Wireless ProSet or HP Wireless Assistant)

Eagle51, Nov 20, 2017
  8. Anfor Win User

I have a custom build PC with Intel Core i5-3570K and the wireless card is Asus PCE-AC68.

I have updated my system specs in my profile.

Anfor, Nov 21, 2017
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    Check Task Scheduler for "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\PCE-AC68 WLAN Card Utilities\WlanMgr.exe" entry that runs at user login.

Edit: Opps forgot, If you find that task you can right click on it and disable it.

Might want to check the following to see if there is entry related to the PCE-AC68 WLAN Card Utilities and/or WlanMgr.exe
    1. Task Manager > Startup
    2. Windows Services
    3. Asus Control Center

Eagle51, Nov 21, 2017
  10. Anfor Win User
    This card use to have a software that could be used to change some of the settings, but it has been removed with the latest windows 10 driver. There is no such entries in the task manager.

Edit: The software was removed because it didn't work under windows 10.

Anfor, Nov 21, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Nov 21, 2017
  12. Anfor Win User
    Autoruns shows a driver called BCMWL63A, the description is Asus PCE-AC68. Should I uncheck the box?

Edit: Unchecked it but the wifi card stopped working.

Anfor, Nov 21, 2017
  13. Anfor Win User

Problem solved! It was qlogic network adapter that I could see from autoruns64.exe, not discovered by autoruns.exe. Thank you very much eagle51.

Anfor, Nov 24, 2017
  14. MrHudson Win User
    In the Network and Sharing under WIFI, manage known network, if it is listed there, click on it and click forget.

MrHudson, Nov 25, 2017
  15. Anfor Win User
    Problem is back again.

Anfor, Nov 26, 2017
Thema:

1. I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi - Similar Threads - Don't Auto Connect

2. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  3. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  4. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  5. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  6. Can't connect to internet direct, only through wifi. I don't want wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to internet direct, only through wifi. I don't want wifi: Sorry, for the repost but the way my initial post was titled just elicited the elementary "you can access internet either directly or through wifi" response. Just built a new PC and had it running and connecting to the internet without wifi. However, I had problems with my...
  7. How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?

How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?: [ATTACH] Connect automatically is not selected, but Windows still connects to the WIFI on startup. How do I disable the WIFI auto connect when its not selected?...
  8. Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

Wifi not connecting auto anymore.: The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect automatically. This is not the case if it is a reset done only. I tried "forgetting" the network and creating it again, but it did...
  9. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...