Windows 10: I failed my exam because of windows 10

Discus and support I failed my exam because of windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since I started using this windows, I continually had a lot of frustrations at work and home. One time, I lose all my work because windows 10 restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SawSineMoe, Sep 29, 2017.

1. I failed my exam because of windows 10

Since I started using this windows, I continually had a lot of frustrations at work and home. One time, I lose all my work because windows 10 restarted to update when I click a button without any confirmation question. I lose all my work and it was during the meeting. It took m many hours to finish update and I had to sit at the office that day doing nothing. My boss was not really happy.

I failed the exam yesterday because windows 10 auto restart at the last moment of an online exam and started updating windows. Its was so unfortunate that I had to run and get help from my friend at that night. Windows 10 was a UX failure. Designed to ignore user intent and situation.

:)

SawSineMoe, Sep 29, 2017

2. How to change the display settings in my windows 10 to be 75%

I am using Becker CPA Exam Review system and i found that the new Sims that reflect the new software in the real exam are very tiny in the Becker course because the real exam will be on a 23 inch screen
    but i am working on a smaller screen on my laptop so how can I adjust the display setting for the operating system in windows 10 , I need to know how to zoom out my display settings to be 75% in windows 10 so that I can see the new Sims in a good size in my
    offline Becker CPA desktop application and thanks in advance.

SusanBlair1, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Sandra_45 Win User
    Delay Windows Creator update

Hello,

Will there be an option to delay the Windows Creator update? I am taking the bar exam and cannot have Windows Creators because then the exam software won't work.

Sandra_45, Sep 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I failed my exam because of windows 10

I can appreciate your frustration. You can have considerable control of Windows updates if you know how, and avoid all those problems.

How can you get such information? Research it (e.g. Google); use the Tutorials here; search the forum here- where I've posted this sort of info a number of times.

Here's how:

1. Set Active hours to prevent automatic restarts during normal working periods

I failed my exam because of windows 10 [​IMG]

That's a widely documented Windows feature. Unfortunately off by default.
    Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

2. Set updates to 'Notify' so you neither download nor apply updates unless you approve them.
    That's much less known.

How? By any of these methods:
    a. Using Winaero's free tweaker (convenient)
    b. If you have Win 10 Pro using the Group Policy editor
    c. If you have Home - by using a registry edit or reg file.

Tutorial: (includes Notify)
    Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials
    Either Option 1, 4 or Option 2 4

And finally if you have Pro you can set Defer Feature Updates
    - which means you can delay major build upgrades.

There are further time delays available via the Group Policy Editor (Pro).

dalchina, Sep 29, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    This is a timely reminder of how important it is to keep backups of important documents and not just on a drive on your computer but preferably externally.

As noted above, set active hours so that can at least mitigate it while you're working.

You can also schedule restarts after updates:

I failed my exam because of windows 10 [​IMG]

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I failed my exam because of windows 10

1. I failed my exam because of windows 10 - Similar Threads - failed exam

2. Windows crashed - Preparing Automatic Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashed - Preparing Automatic Repair Failed: Message Shown on screen after failed repairing:F:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-crashed-preparing-automatic-repair-failed/07a6d588-2f5d-4b41-acd6-742868524b31
  3. Windows crashed - Preparing Automatic Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashed - Preparing Automatic Repair Failed: Message Shown on screen after failed repairing:F:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-crashed-preparing-automatic-repair-failed/07a6d588-2f5d-4b41-acd6-742868524b31
  4. Windows Sandbox failing to initialize Error 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failing to initialize Error 0x80070424: Whenever I try to launch Windows sandbox, it shows an error 0x80070424, the specified service does not exist as an installed service. I tried running sfc scan, restarting services, re-enabling features, restarting PC, nothing helped. I tried looking this error up on web, but...
  5. Windows Sandbox failing to initialize Error 0x80070424

Windows Sandbox failing to initialize Error 0x80070424: Whenever I try to launch Windows sandbox, it shows an error 0x80070424, the specified service does not exist as an installed service. I tried running sfc scan, restarting services, re-enabling features, restarting PC, nothing helped. I tried looking this error up on web, but...
  6. Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kksjqh3nm3ji2127bzn9b/042424-13437-01.zip?rlkey=2k5wx21d65es5o05c6epfjvbp&st=n9s2cfq3&dl=0dropbox to my minidump filesplease help fix...
  7. Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kksjqh3nm3ji2127bzn9b/042424-13437-01.zip?rlkey=2k5wx21d65es5o05c6epfjvbp&st=n9s2cfq3&dl=0dropbox to my minidump filesplease help fix...
  8. Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys

9. MB-310 Exam prep failed exam last week 619/700

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MB-310 Exam prep failed exam last week 619/700: MB-310 Exam prep, I recently failed the exam very tricky. Did anyone recently pass the exam? I noticed during the exam that you have access to the MS learning browser which is something new to me but that didn't really help since the exam itself was so different than MS...
  10. MB-310 Exam prep failed exam last week 619/700

MB-310 Exam prep failed exam last week 619/700: MB-310 Exam prep, I recently failed the exam very tricky. Did anyone recently pass the exam? I noticed during the exam that you have access to the MS learning browser which is something new to me but that didn't really help since the exam itself was so different than MS...