Windows 10: I failed my exam because of windows 10

Discus and support I failed my exam because of windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since I started using this windows, I continually had a lot of frustrations at work and home. One time, I lose all my work because windows 10 restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SawSineMoe, Sep 29, 2017.

1. I failed my exam because of windows 10

Since I started using this windows, I continually had a lot of frustrations at work and home. One time, I lose all my work because windows 10 restarted to update when I click a button without any confirmation question. I lose all my work and it was during the meeting. It took m many hours to finish update and I had to sit at the office that day doing nothing. My boss was not really happy.

I failed the exam yesterday because windows 10 auto restart at the last moment of an online exam and started updating windows. Its was so unfortunate that I had to run and get help from my friend at that night. Windows 10 was a UX failure. Designed to ignore user intent and situation.

:)

SawSineMoe, Sep 29, 2017

2. How to change the display settings in my windows 10 to be 75%

I am using Becker CPA Exam Review system and i found that the new Sims that reflect the new software in the real exam are very tiny in the Becker course because the real exam will be on a 23 inch screen
    but i am working on a smaller screen on my laptop so how can I adjust the display setting for the operating system in windows 10 , I need to know how to zoom out my display settings to be 75% in windows 10 so that I can see the new Sims in a good size in my
    offline Becker CPA desktop application and thanks in advance.

SusanBlair1, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Sandra_45 Win User
    Delay Windows Creator update

Hello,

Will there be an option to delay the Windows Creator update? I am taking the bar exam and cannot have Windows Creators because then the exam software won't work.

Sandra_45, Sep 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I failed my exam because of windows 10

I can appreciate your frustration. You can have considerable control of Windows updates if you know how, and avoid all those problems.

How can you get such information? Research it (e.g. Google); use the Tutorials here; search the forum here- where I've posted this sort of info a number of times.

Here's how:

1. Set Active hours to prevent automatic restarts during normal working periods

I failed my exam because of windows 10 [​IMG]

That's a widely documented Windows feature. Unfortunately off by default.
    Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

2. Set updates to 'Notify' so you neither download nor apply updates unless you approve them.
    That's much less known.

How? By any of these methods:
    a. Using Winaero's free tweaker (convenient)
    b. If you have Win 10 Pro using the Group Policy editor
    c. If you have Home - by using a registry edit or reg file.

Tutorial: (includes Notify)
    Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials
    Either Option 1, 4 or Option 2 4

And finally if you have Pro you can set Defer Feature Updates
    - which means you can delay major build upgrades.

There are further time delays available via the Group Policy Editor (Pro).

dalchina, Sep 29, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    This is a timely reminder of how important it is to keep backups of important documents and not just on a drive on your computer but preferably externally.

As noted above, set active hours so that can at least mitigate it while you're working.

You can also schedule restarts after updates:

I failed my exam because of windows 10 [​IMG]

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I failed my exam because of windows 10

1. I failed my exam because of windows 10 - Similar Threads - failed exam

2. Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.: I have encountered several machines that simply stopped booting after an automatic update attempt. I spent 3 days trying to fix the first one and decided to do a clean install on the others. The problem seems to be related to hibernation during the update process - Linux...
  3. Windows 10 fails to upgrade from build 1803 to 1903

Windows 10 fails to upgrade from build 1803 to 1903: Gets to 60% and fails...Last failed install attempt on ‎11/‎14/‎2019 - 0xc1900101. I just read thru a thread from August (with the same subject title as mine) that seems to be exactly what I'm experiencing but it didn't include a resolution. I've been working on this for 3...
  4. Windows 10 email association's fail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 email association's fail.: Window association's for email program fail to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-email-associations-fail/ce3a898a-ea81-49ab-9f89-3032fd067df4
  5. Windows Update Fails since 08/2019 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Fails since 08/2019 0x800f0922: Hello. I've been having problems with Windows Update for a few months now, specifically since August. When I try to update I get to 99% complete and then I get the error "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes". At first I didn't give it any importance, but now...
  6. BLinitializedlibrary failed 0xc00000bb error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    BLinitializedlibrary failed 0xc00000bb error in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some Surface or Windows laptop users have reported seeing this error – BLinitializedlibrary failed 0xc00000bb when they try to boot their device. In today’s post, we will outline what might have triggered this error and then we finally provide possible [...]...
  7. 1903 update fails with Update Boot Code Error: 0x80004005

1903 update fails with Update Boot Code Error: 0x80004005: I'm struggling with 1903 update (from 1809) as it always fails with Operation failed: Update Boot Code. Error: 0x80004005[gle=0x000000b7] error message, whatever I try - windows update, update assistant, ISO image on pendrive. I did sfc scannow and dism cleanups many times,...
  8. Microsoft help failing to find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft help failing to find my device: I lost my laptop in school it was stolen at night, since i linked it to my outlook account i tried to get its current location through Microsoft help site where i used the find device option when i clicked on find but it couldn't and it said We can’t locate your device right...
  9. the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation: error code 0x8007042B - 0x2000D "the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" Hi I am getting this error when ever I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have tried both the Media Creation tool and the Windows Upgrade...
  10. Repeated Windows 10 Failed Update 1903

Repeated Windows 10 Failed Update 1903: My computer has twice now forced me to attempt to install Windows 1903 and both times it took an inexplicably long time to fail (not cool Microsoft, not that I can officially complain to you, you don't allow that option). The error message it gave me was 0xc1900101 which a...