Windows 10: I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ?

Discus and support I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I start chrome open chrome or open new tab of chrome it's making redirection or open a seach page not google but something else. Then in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chocolade, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Chocolade Win User

I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ?

Every time I start chrome open chrome or open new tab of chrome it's making redirection or open a seach page not google but something else. Then in each website I surf to it's making redirection or if I click on the page I surfed to it's going to this search page or to other pages.

This is what I see when getting to new page in most of the cases and the second screenshot show the search engine virus I see:

I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ? [​IMG]

I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ? [​IMG]
    View attachment 100305

Chocolade, Sep 6, 2016

2. Google Chrome not working after Windows 10 November update

Isha,

Please explain why we should do these steps. My problem using Chrome only came up because of a Windows update. I don't think it's a virus.

sfwindowsuser, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Chrome component not updated

Trying to play Netflix - get Netflix Error M7357-1003

This says WidevineCdm component is not updated and suggests I disable Anti-virus and Firewalls to update it.

I am a klutz with technology and don't know how to do this. I found the component on Chrome but Chrome Help is not helpful for Windows 10.

I have two Anti-virus systems, McAfee and PCMatic - God only knows why - but neither tells me what specific changes they have made.

Please help!

Alix St Clair, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Start with D/L ing & installing Malwarebytes, the free version will work fine. Do a full system scan & quarantine anything it finds.

Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal

You do have an AV on your system, it's called Defender. You can find out about it here. Make sure it is turned on & scroll to the bottom of the tutorial to find more links related to Defender.

Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If Malwarebytes does not fix the problem with Chrome, suggest you d/l AdwCleaner, which is good at removing adware. Other options are resetting your browser & starting fresh.

AdwCleaner Download

Reset Chrome settings to default - Chrome Help

Borg 386, Sep 6, 2016
  5. ^^ Agree with the great advice by @Borg 386. ^^

Some of these pests respawn from your Google sync settings. So, you might need to disable sync, at least for a while, until this is cleared. Here's one link with the steps:

Sync your apps with your Google Account - Nexus Help

Please post back with a status update.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Chocolade Win User
    Chocolade, Sep 6, 2016
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Glad to hear. I usually steer clear of Chrome because I think it has more vulnerabilities than Firefox for instance and Google isn't giving a damn for fixing reported issues.

eLPuSHeR, Sep 6, 2016
  8. Borg 386 Win User

Glad you got it sorted, thanks for posting back on the actions you took. This will help others down the road. If the situation is fixed, don't forget to mark the thread as "solved." *Wink. (You can always change that back to unsolved if the problem does reappears).

Borg 386, Sep 7, 2016
  9. +1 for this step, and HitmanPro and Emsisoft Emergency Kit for the final check.

RubberDucky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ? - Similar Threads - strange virus Chrome

2. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  3. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  4. Command Prompt is closing chrome and I think I have a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt is closing chrome and I think I have a virus: If I'm charging my computer every once in a while a command promt window will open and close, then chrome will close and re-open but with two new tabs, - and School. What should I do?...
  5. Command Prompt is closing chrome and I think I have a virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command Prompt is closing chrome and I think I have a virus: If I'm charging my computer every once in a while a command promt window will open and close, then chrome will close and re-open but with two new tabs, - and School. What should I do?...
  6. Strange chrome activity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange chrome activity.: I am having trouble with google on my windows and I really don't know where to go or ask.This is what I've been seeing everytime I've searched something up. Also the top bookmarks bar increased in size despite the fact I didn't change any settings or have any extensions....
  7. Strange chrome activity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange chrome activity.: I am having trouble with google on my windows and I really don't know where to go or ask.This is what I've been seeing everytime I've searched something up. Also the top bookmarks bar increased in size despite the fact I didn't change any settings or have any extensions....
  8. Strange chrome activity.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Strange problem with Chrome.

in Browsers and Email
    Strange problem with Chrome.: I have a Dell tablet that just updated to Windows 10 and threshold. I have been using Chrome as my browser due to limited system resources. (2 gigs memory) Problem...Using Google, Yahoo, or Msn for searching, causes something called searchlock.com to show up and nothing...
  10. Strange problems in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Strange problems in chrome: Hi, i make a new pc a couple of days ago, but i now have a strane problems in chrome. 1. I see, in task manager chome use a lot of perceante. (8gb ram). 2. I lose translate and other apps in google site. 3. when i search for images, when i click to image, i to site,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have a virus in chrome what do i do