Windows 10: I have been sent an American keyboard. How do I change it to a UK keyboard

Discus and support I have been sent an American keyboard. How do I change it to a UK keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have bough 2 keyboards in the UK for use in the UK. However the at key is not available, can you help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lacolline, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Lacolline Win User

I have been sent an American keyboard. How do I change it to a UK keyboard

I have bough 2 keyboards in the UK for use in the UK.

However the at key is not available, can you help?

:)

Lacolline, Oct 27, 2019

2. Keyboard Layout not changing

Hi

I have created a profile for my son (child account) and am having issues with getting the keyboard set to Engish-UK.

When I log into his account on Win 10

• I get a number of Visual C++ errors but can't see the program causing it
    • Subsequently the keyboard layout is stuck on American
    • I try to change to UK by removing the American language pack and setting overrides in the Advanced settings and control panel. However, the American pack continues to stay and all the changes get reverted back to original
    • For the case of simplicity I have made him an Administrator on my machine though originally he was a Standard User
    When I or my wife login to this machine there is no issue with keyboard layouts and we do not show the American language pack as existing on this machine. The other thing to add is that his Windows login user id is NOT a Microsoft email address but something
    else (Google Custom Domain).

Appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this?

Cheers

hirodaryanani, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I have been sent an American keyboard. How do I change it to a UK keyboard - Similar Threads - been sent American

2. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  3. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  4. How do i delete Keyboard ENG UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete Keyboard ENG UK: so i want to delete ENG UK and add Czech keyboard so ill have only ENG US and CZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-keyboard-eng-uk/0542876f-f02f-4903-8915-e50b93a833ea
  5. How do i delete Keyboard ENG UK

How do i delete Keyboard ENG UK: so i want to delete ENG UK and add Czech keyboard so ill have only ENG US and CZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-keyboard-eng-uk/0542876f-f02f-4903-8915-e50b93a833ea
  6. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  7. UK KEYBOARD !

UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  8. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...
  10. How to change from US to UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change from US to UK keyboard?: I have Win 10 Pro. I have an account for myself, with Admin privileges. I also have an account called "Kids". My account has the English (UK) keyboard by default. The Kids account has a US keyboard - also by default. I want the Kids account to have an English keyboard (no...