Windows 10: Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 How to Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by OldGrantonian, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

How to: Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

How to Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a different keyboard layout or input method to type in another language.

The language of your keyboard layout controls the characters that appear on your screen when you type. By using the different layouts, you can type all the characters for the language, including diacritics such as the umlaut () in German and the tilde () in Spanish.

If you have more than one added keyboard layout, you will be able to change your keyboard layout.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, Microsoft has updated the Keyboard Settings experience under the Time & Language Settings page to make it easier to use, and removed these settings from the Control Panel.

This tutorial will show you different ways to change the keyboard layout for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Keyboard Layout using Keyboard Shortcut
    • Option Two: Change Keyboard Layout from Input Indicator
    • Option Three: Change Keyboard Layout from Language Bar Docked in Taskbar
    • Option Four: Change Keyboard Layout from Language Bar Floating on Desktop
    • Option Five: Change Keyboard Layout from Touch Keyboard
    • Option Six: Change Keyboard Layout from Sign-in Screen

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Keyboard Layout using Keyboard Shortcut
    1. Press and hold the Windows key *Start, press the Spacebar to cycle through your keyboard layouts until you select (highlight) the one you want, and release the Windows key *Start. (see screenshot below)

Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OR

2. Press the Alt+Shift keys to cycle through your keyboard layouts until you select the one you want. You will only see the language abbreviation change on the language bar icon on the taskbar to help know what you selected. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Keyboard Layout from Input Indicator
    1. Click/tap on the Input Indicator system icon on the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on the keyboard layout language you want. (see screenshot below)

*note The keyboard layout button will show an abbreviation on it for the current keyboard layout language.

OPTION THREE [/i] Change Keyboard Layout from Language Bar Docked in Taskbar
    1. Click/tap on the keyboard layout button on the taskbar notification area to open the language bar, and click/tap on the keyboard layout language you want. (see screenshot below)

*note The keyboard layout button will show an abbreviation on it for the current keyboard layout language.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Change Keyboard Layout from Language Bar Floating on Desktop
    1. Click/tap on the language bar floating on your desktop, and click/tap on the keyboard layout language you want to check it. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] Change Keyboard Layout from Touch Keyboard
    1. While you have the touch keyboard open, click/tap on the keyboard layout button, and click/tap on the keyboard layout language you want. (see screenshots below)

OPTION SIX [/i] Change Keyboard Layout from Sign-in Screen
    1. While on your account's sign-in screen, click/tap on the keyboard layout button, and click/tap on the keyboard layout language you want. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

OldGrantonian, Feb 6, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 6, 2018
  4. oneLess Win User

Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

what about the old ATL+SHIFT ?
    works from XP .

much more comfortable for me .
    is like OPTION ONE , only without graphics on screen .

oneLess, Feb 6, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Added as step 2 in Option One. Thank you oneLess. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

1. Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Keyboard Layout

2. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  3. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  4. Changing keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing keyboard layout.: I want to change my keyboard to the Dvorak and/or Workman layout, but every tutorial I've seen leads me somewhere that I can't find in my computer settings. I can't find anywhere to access my keyboard layouts to change it....
  5. Keyboard Layout changes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Layout changes.: Hi. I think I must be catching a specific key combination as frequently my " and @ keys change place. The only way I can get it back is to go to settings / advanced keyboard settings and language bar settings / Advanced Key Settings. Then set a key combination to go back to...
  6. How to change Windows 10 Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Windows 10 Keyboard Layout: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers multiple keyboards, and it’s easy to add them, its important to note that you can also change Windows 10 Keyboard layout. Even though very basic, it is essential, especially when you are using a touch screen to [...] This post How to change...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard layout change error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keyboard layout change error: Hi, i am dealing with problem of uninvolved keyboard layout change from QUERTY to non QUERTY. After restart it's ok, but during my work keyboard suddenly change without any reason. Mainly it happens during use of office (I have 2016). When I go into setting there is no NON...
  8. keyboard layout change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard layout change: My keyboard has again defaulted to a layout which doesn't match the keys - probably after a windows 10 update - how to correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-layout-change/ba24ec7b-e85c-41ac-9179-366f2542e38c
  9. Change Narrator Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Narrator Keyboard Layout in Windows 10: How to: Change Narrator Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 How to Change Narrator Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or...
  10. Change Layout of Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Layout of Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Change Layout of Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs. You can...