Windows 10: I have lost my Desktop Windows 10

Discus and support I have lost my Desktop Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have loaded my laptop today and can only access my Desktop through file explorer, the background image and icons seem to have disappeared. Every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaxs, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Jaxs Win User

I have lost my Desktop Windows 10

I have loaded my laptop today and can only access my Desktop through file explorer, the background image and icons seem to have disappeared. Every time I want to jump through programs, e.g. outlook to excel, or just shutting down an excel sheet the whole system goes straight back to this screen. I cant access the usual things that I would just by right click anywhere on the desktop screen, to personalize etc. The right mouse button on this screen below does nothing.. Also where you could click on the desktop icon on this screen and access your desktop this is no longer available to me? Sorry about pic being sideways, when loading its the right way up....

I have lost my Desktop Windows 10 [​IMG]

I know this may seem trivial but it is causing me a nightmare... there is also probably an easy fix for this, but I am not that computer literate?? Can someone please help me?*Smile

:)

2. Granma Win User

I have windows 10 I have lost icons on my desktop. I cannot right click on my desktop to get them back

thank you all ..this may sound silly but after half hour phone call with the 'know how' guys' at Currys PCworld with no solution I kept trying myself, and BINGO ..I did it....my laptop goes into a tablet ..I found a little icon in the bottom of my screen
    which was about the only one I hadn't tried and yes it opened a menu there was one said tablet mode, my laptop was in tablet mode. I just clicked the icon and yes it all came back as if by magic..

hope this may help someone...

Granma, Jun 27, 2016
  3. I have windows 10 I have lost icons on my desktop. I cannot right click on my desktop to get them back

Th right click and show icons suggestion helped me I then had to align them buit all worked fine and all are back. Thanks much

FredBrothers, Jun 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 27, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    And if you are going to keep your laptop on it's side you might want to turn on screen rotation ;-).

In all seriousness, Brink's answer is it.

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2016
  6. Jaxs Win User
    Thank you for the answer, you were right. made my day lot easier..

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jun 28, 2016
  8. Jaxs Win User

I wasn't sure whether to take your response seriously, one because I didn't understand the need for rudeness, and then I realised you just didn't realise the photo I posted need rotating SERIOUSLY!

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    He was just joking. *Wink

Brink, Jun 28, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Hence, the wink ;-) after the reply. I apologize if my weak attempt at humor offended anyone.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I have lost my Desktop Windows 10 - Similar Threads - lost Desktop

2. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  3. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  4. Lost my desktop files.

Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  5. Lost my desktop files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  6. All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...

All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...: I have two outlook e-mail addresses. On one I have a subscription of Office 365. Anyway I did not realize and uploaded a bunch of videos and pics from an outdoor camera on Onedrive and I guess they went to the free one and it started giving me message that I went over my...
  7. All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...: I have two outlook e-mail addresses. On one I have a subscription of Office 365. Anyway I did not realize and uploaded a bunch of videos and pics from an outdoor camera on Onedrive and I guess they went to the free one and it started giving me message that I went over my...
  8. I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.: I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-to-some-of-my-desktop-folders-it/71028c90-78ab-4c9f-aa6c-a2fbf7253fd6
  9. I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.

I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.: I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-to-some-of-my-desktop-folders-it/71028c90-78ab-4c9f-aa6c-a2fbf7253fd6
  10. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...