Windows 10: I have two differents BSOD with fast startup enabled on Acer laptop

Discus and support I have two differents BSOD with fast startup enabled on Acer laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i don't know if i'm in the right category, but here's the thing: a friend of mine brought me an Acer laptop from Poland and, like the tittle says,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeoLOST23, Jan 30, 2020.

1. LeoLOST23 Win User

I have two differents BSOD with fast startup enabled on Acer laptop

Hi, i don't know if i'm in the right category, but here's the thing: a friend of mine brought me an Acer laptop from Poland and, like the tittle says, if i enable fast startup i'm getting two different BSOD. One is: Critical Process Died and the other one is Kernel data inpage error. I tried a couple of things i found on the web with no luck. I tried the Windows disk repair tool, and changing the pagefile size to be managed by Windows. I think the RAM or the M.2 are, maybe, bad. The laptop is an Aspire A515-54G with an i5-10210u, 16gb of RAM GoodRAM / Wilk Elektronik. X-Kom added this module because the laptop only comes with 8gb, Intel HD Graphics/Nvidia MX250, Kingston m.2 512gb and i added a Crucial BX500 480gb as a secondary drive, 1080p Full HD IPS, Backlight Keyboard, etc.
    Could it be the RAM, the m.2, the other disk?
    Thanks in advance for the help!

P.S.: If i disable fast startup which i know is recommended everything works fine, but this error annoys me.

:)

LeoLOST23, Jan 30, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Abnormal shutdowns with Fast Startup enabled

Hello - I recently (18/6/2018) set up a new laptop(Dell Vostro 5370) which for the most part is running well, but Reliability History shows frequent "Windows was not properly shut down" events, which a sleep study report from powercfg shows are associated
    with transitions into what the sleep study labels as "Shutdown (hybrid)". There are corresponding critical Kernel-Power event ID41 entries in Event Viewer. Turning off Fast Startup seems to work round the issue, but it would be good not to have to do this.
    As well as updating everything in sight I have tried the usual checks with DISM and sfc, and run the hardware checks in Dell's SupportAssist, but they show no problem. I have also run the Boot Performance (Fast Startup) assessment in the Windows Assessment
    Toolkit, but this just reports that it cannot complete the assessment owing to a system crash. Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps, or remedies? Thanks...

Michael_A_P, Jan 30, 2020
  4. I have two differents BSOD with fast startup enabled on Acer laptop

Fast Startup Setting in Windows 10 will not stay enabled

Hibernate IS enabled, but the Fast Startup box will not stay checked.

Beasley104, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

I have two differents BSOD with fast startup enabled on Acer laptop

1. I have two differents BSOD with fast startup enabled on Acer laptop - Similar Threads - differents BSOD fast

2. Windows 11 Fast Startup Issue Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fast Startup Issue Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Laptop: Whenever fast startup is on in Windows, a few things happen after I have shut down the laptop.Once it turns on and I go to the reliability monitor application, a problem appears saying "Windows was not properly shut down"The previous system shutdown at 11:46:20 AM on...
  3. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled: I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows properly, without BSOD. If it is enabled, it display BSOD just before shutdown. I have latest BIOS and latest drivers. Can...
  4. When I enable fast startup, I can't shutdown my Laptop!!!

When I enable fast startup, I can't shutdown my Laptop!!!: Somedays ago, I could not shut my laptop, when I disabled fast startup, I can shutdown my pc, but It boots very slowly. Please help me! Any help me very very very very much appreciated. Please reply fast friends....
  5. When I enable fast startup, my laptop can't shut down.

When I enable fast startup, my laptop can't shut down.: Hi, some days ago, I was having a problem where I could not shutdown my laptop. But disabling fast startup fixed it. But booting my laptop takes a lot of time. When I enable it, my laptop does not shut down. Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated....
  6. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  7. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  8. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...
  9. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled: Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or...
  10. Acer laptop startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer laptop startup: Hi. I have an acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop. Have has this one foe a while it was the windows 8.0 then I installed the windows 10 home working fine. Just one issue that maybe I should have asked this question before today..When I go to restart the laptop or even start from...