Windows 10: I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the...

Discus and support I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using windws 10 pro. I would like to use my u.r.u 4500 finger It is an older finger print reader but it works well. It does work with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HITMAN0681, Oct 9, 2019.

1. I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the...

Hello, I am using windws 10 pro. I would like to use my u.r.u 4500 finger It is an older finger print reader but it works well. It does work with windows 7 but the only way windows will reconize it is if I'm only using a local account. But to no end I find myself unable to do just that.

:)

HITMAN0681, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Oct 9, 2019
  4. hooked Win User

I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the...

Show Local users and Groups

Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the...

1. I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the... - Similar Threads - pro add local

2. How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...: My father recently passed away and I only have access to my account on his computer. I use the computer for school now and am not able to download certain programs I need. Please advise!...
  3. How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...: My father recently passed away and I only have access to my account on his computer. I use the computer for school now and am not able to download certain programs I need. Please advise!...
  4. How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?: I mistakenly set up a new machine with a Microsoft account instead of a local user, so I created a new local user in the computer management screen and added that user to the admin group, but when I returned to account settings screen, there was no option to "switch to a...
  6. How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?: I mistakenly set up a new machine with a Microsoft account instead of a local user, so I created a new local user in the computer management screen and added that user to the admin group, but when I returned to account settings screen, there was no option to "switch to a...
  7. I do not have a way to add anyone to this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not have a way to add anyone to this computer.: I used to have two accounts on this PC--admin and Games. Now my Games says 'admin for today' and I am not able to add anyone else. There is no option to add family, friends, or any other account. Thank you for any help you may give.[ATTACH]...
  8. I can only add local users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can only add local users: Looks like I'm logged into my Microsoft account but I can't see my family to add their accounts and looks like I can only add local users. Even my account looks different, not the same as on my other computers. Like it's local too but does show my profile picture and my...
  9. How do I delete an admin user that I have mistakenly created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I delete an admin user that I have mistakenly created: I had an admin user setup on my other laptop. I converted it to a standard user but before that I mistakenly put in an email address that was quite similar to mine and made that account as admin. I am in a fix now, where the admin rights to my computer belong to someone I...
  10. How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin: After joining a computer to AzureAD you will login with a user and will be automatically added as a local admin. The trouble is when logging with other users. These users will automatically set as users to the computer. From the Computer Management Console there is no way to...