Windows 10: I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the...

Discus and support I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using windws 10 pro. I would like to use my u.r.u 4500 finger It is an older finger print reader but it works well. It does work with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HITMAN0681, Oct 9, 2019.

1. I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the...

Hello, I am using windws 10 pro. I would like to use my u.r.u 4500 finger It is an older finger print reader but it works well. It does work with windows 7 but the only way windows will reconize it is if I'm only using a local account. But to no end I find myself unable to do just that.

:)

HITMAN0681, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Oct 9, 2019
  4. hooked Win User

I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the...

Show Local users and Groups

Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the...

1. I have windows 10 pro, how do I add a local admin user? (Its the only way I can use the... - Similar Threads - pro add local

2. how do I add COM1 to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I add COM1 to windows 10 pro: I have an old program that is hard coded to COM1, how do I add COM1 to windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-to-windows-10-pro/64687900-c232-42b4-bf84-72764b832f19
  3. Network admin password is not recognize. only the local user can login. I check the system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network admin password is not recognize. only the local user can login. I check the system...: My network admin password is not working not recognize. The network properties show not connected to the Domain. Can browse to the internet but not the intranet. The system properties Computer name: and Domain: is correct. Some computer same issue? Cannot change anything...
  4. How can i get admin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i get admin?: So its the school holidays and since my family aren't really spending money because you know we are saving for a house but i have my school laptop and im wondering if anyone can help me get admin on it...
  5. How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin: After joining a computer to AzureAD you will login with a user and will be automatically added as a local admin. The trouble is when logging with other users. These users will automatically set as users to the computer. From the Computer Management Console there is no way to...
  6. Can I change users as the administrator? I only want one as admin.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I change users as the administrator? I only want one as admin.: Can I change users as the administrator? I have one account (A) as the administrator. I want to change the administrator to a different account (B) and then take away the administrator ability of (A). Can this be done? I've seen the tutorials on this site but that...
  7. How do I add a Local Account to my PC

How do I add a Local Account to my PC: I sign in to my PC with a Microsoft Account. How do I set up an additional Local Account for myself on the PC? I have Windows 10 Home...Creators Update 1703. The guide on the forum for creating another account on a PC is similar but reads a bit differently to what I'm seeing...
  8. How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the

How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the: Hey guys I switched to a local account. When I reboot the PC I can't see a picture. It's just a grey icon. How do I get a picture to show there. The only time I see a picture now is if I'm using my Microsoft Account. Thanks ☺ 10627
  9. How can I create an unchangeable local user profile

How can I create an unchangeable local user profile: Hi, I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro X64. This is a stand alone computer i.e. it is not in a Domain. I'd like to create an unchangeable local user profile for guest users so that every kind of changes they make will be lost at logoff included created folders and files...
  10. How can I tell if I have windows 10 pro or home?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I tell if I have windows 10 pro or home?: How can I tell if I have windows 10 pro or home? 70150