Windows 10: I hope this time it works for me!

Discus and support I hope this time it works for me! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yesterday I read on a article from a windows site about the new update and how good it was so I decided to download it last night and it took me over 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by renee1219, Aug 25, 2016.

1. renee1219 Win User

I hope this time it works for me!

Yesterday I read on a article from a windows site about the new update and how good it was so I decided to download it last night and it took me over 2 hours to download it. And then the install and restart went fine till about 70ish percent and then the screen went black and nothing for about 2 hours after that.

So I contacted microsoft help abouut 1 am wisconsin time and was on there for about 45 minutes with my celll phone on chat. I then restarted my pc and it removed the update and then the person took over my pc and started tinkering with a few things and deleting a few things and now I decided to try the upgrade again today. The download for the update took about 30 minutes. And now I'm at 36% of the update. What messed me up before was after the 2nd or 3rd restart. Hopefully everything goes good for me today though.

If it happens again I will post back here again and if it works out fine I still will post back here.

:)

renee1219, Aug 25, 2016

2. It works for me

I run games in Arc and found that 2 of them flickered Was ready to get rid of them all but decided to try one more thing at the start of the game I went into setting on the game set the game in windows mode and set the resolution to the same
    setting as my computer. It made the game big enough for me to play, while still in the windows mode. It got rid of the flicker. I hope this helps for other people

AngelFire71, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    My Internet works for a short time, before it stops working every time it connects.

Hi,

An incompatible wireless network drive is one of the possible reasons why your Internet connection frequently disconnects. The issue might also occur if the third party applications/programs is conflicting with the network drivers installed on the computer.
    Kindly try to reinstall the driver by opening the Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to running your computer in clean boot. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or connecting to the Internet. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to run your computer in clean boot.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 25, 2016
  4. Private Win User

The screen went black is normal during setup. At that time, the setup are testing your graphics and if all goes well the screen will be lit back.

Try to update your graphics driver first before attempting the upgrade.

Private, Aug 25, 2016
  5. renee1219 Win User
    I have been getting a pop up in the mornings when I first turn on my pc for a amd update and I always just close out of it and click remind me later. So I will be updating that now and then once that's done I will let the pc restart and then the update should run through without a issue. Becasue the black sreen lasted a long time when I first tried it. Hopefully everything gose good today though.

renee1219, Aug 25, 2016
  6. renee1219 Win User
    Ok my screen has been black for about 2 hours and there is no arrow or % or anything it's just a black screen but my pc is still on. How long should the screen be black before I try to restart without updating my pc. I don't update like this much so I don't know how long to wait while the screen is black.

renee1219, Aug 26, 2016
  7. renee1219 Win User
    Since it did not work this time ether I contacted microsoft support and am currently downloading the win 10 1607 iso to install the upgrade onto my pc. Hopefully this time it will work for me. I was even told to do a clean boot. I will still need to learn how to do a clean boot though. Before installing the update. So hopefully this time its all good.

renee1219, Aug 26, 2016
  8. Private Win User

Just in a few seconds normally.

Yes, try that. To make it easy, just mount the ISO and run the setup.exe.

ISO and IMG File - Mount or Unmount in Windows 10

How to Upgrade to Windows 10

Do you mean Clean Boot or Clean Install?

How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

How to Clean Install Windows 10

Private, Aug 26, 2016
  9. renee1219 Win User
    I meant clean boot. And I also forgot to do the restart for the clean boot before updating and received a error code called 0xc1900101-ox40017 failed to boot in second boot. So I will try again today to reinstall the update today. So hopefully this time it works with the clean boot.

renee1219, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I hope this time it works for me! - Similar Threads - hope works

2. Hi, hope someone can help. All of a sudden my desktop PC will not connect to any website.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, hope someone can help. All of a sudden my desktop PC will not connect to any website.: All of a sudden my pc wont connect to any web address, using edge or chrome. I get the following"Hmmm...cant reach this Web page""It looks like www.web adress closed the connection"Lower down it says"Err_connection_ closed"I have tried what my basic knowledge allows.Checked...
  3. Hi, hope someone can help. All of a sudden my desktop PC will not connect to any website.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, hope someone can help. All of a sudden my desktop PC will not connect to any website.: All of a sudden my pc wont connect to any web address, using edge or chrome. I get the following"Hmmm...cant reach this Web page""It looks like www.web adress closed the connection"Lower down it says"Err_connection_ closed"I have tried what my basic knowledge allows.Checked...
  4. I have a very complicated question and I am really going out on a limb and hoping someone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a very complicated question and I am really going out on a limb and hoping someone...: I am in possession of a Nokia Mural 6750 a flip phone from around 2009 that is from my understanding locked from using a new sim card. I have contacted at&t from my understanding the original carrier for this phone and they have told me that this phone was not with them and...
  5. I have a very complicated question and I am really going out on a limb and hoping someone...

I have a very complicated question and I am really going out on a limb and hoping someone...: I am in possession of a Nokia Mural 6750 a flip phone from around 2009 that is from my understanding locked from using a new sim card. I have contacted at&t from my understanding the original carrier for this phone and they have told me that this phone was not with them and...
  6. Hi and I hope someone can help with this. I have been having a Notkrnl.exe driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi and I hope someone can help with this. I have been having a Notkrnl.exe driver error: I have been having a Notkrnl.exe error and Its only happening when I play Roblox for like 30 or min then I crash and get a DPC WatchDog error which when I look it up it leads me to the cause and its the Notkrnl.exe, but any other game like Red dead redemption 2 or Hell divers...
  7. Hi and I hope someone can help with this. I have been having a Notkrnl.exe driver error

Hi and I hope someone can help with this. I have been having a Notkrnl.exe driver error: I have been having a Notkrnl.exe error and Its only happening when I play Roblox for like 30 or min then I crash and get a DPC WatchDog error which when I look it up it leads me to the cause and its the Notkrnl.exe, but any other game like Red dead redemption 2 or Hell divers...
  8. Windows 10 is such a disappointment...a hope for an OS that worked

in Cortana
    Windows 10 is such a disappointment...a hope for an OS that worked: We now have to put up with Cortana a spy, by any other name and EDGE another useless Microsoft Browser. Internet Explorer was bad enough with security holes that they are still finding, So you quit working on Windows 10 because ...its just so great, another useless OS from...
  9. I hope this works . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hope this works . . .: I have, no cable company. I wish. I use WiFi, for everything. Movies a videos, stop and starts, stop and starts, stop and starts. It's so frustrating! My question is: Is it possible, to download, movies a videos? I'd store, everything, on my hard drive. That way,...
  10. My Computer Audio Is Not Working | Nothing and I mean Nothing is working..... I have no hope.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Audio Is Not Working | Nothing and I mean Nothing is working..... I have no hope.: It started today 7/21/2018 when I got my new keyboard and mouse, a Havit Keyboard and mouse combo (Very easy to find on amazon), I got on my pc to only see a X symbol by my audio, I hover over it and it says "No Audio Output is Installed" Now I'm confused because I'm using a...